BudK Order Issues

As excited as I have been to receive my copy of Thranduil's sword, it appears the 'unlikely' may be closer to 'impossible'. I placed an order on 12/22/13 for this along with the Orcrist scabbard and sword of Kili, both of which I have received on release. However, this morning I woke to an email from Budk stating that my CC was declined and that I would have to update or provide a new form of payment within 3 days to keep my order or it would be canceled. However, I paid in full at the time of the order, so you could understand why I am a little shocked to see this message. And now, for the icing on the cake, when I logged into their site to see what was going on, the last remaining item on my order, the sword of Thranduil, has some how been replaced with the sword of Kili. So not only is Budk trying to charge me a second time for an item they already sent me, they are apparently not sending me an item I already paid for.

I have sent out an email to their Order Inquiries, and have begun gathering up all my emails and bank statements connected to this order, so now I will have to just wait and see how they respond. I understand this order has been on hold for a long time, but there is no reason something like this should happen. Sorry all, rant over.
"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws.
It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

Re: BudK Order Issues

Thanks Rev, I haven't really been pursuing any items recently, but when I do I will most likely be headed your way.
"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws.

[quote=""Idril""]I think that is just a 'line'. I don't think they can process a cc if The order has been held for over a year.[/quote]

I've also has the Thranduil sword on pre-order since December of 2013. As of this afternoon I have not received any email regarding it or CC processing for payment . . .

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

[quote=""Buckeye""]I've also has the Thranduil sword on pre-order since December of 2013. As of this afternoon I have not received any email regarding it or CC processing for payment . . .[/quote]

That's good. I have 2 emails and 1 phone call into BUDK, still no response. Maybe they read this forum and see me trying to undercut their prices :p

So 2 phone calls and a few emails later and my order has been sorted. Sword of Thranduil has finally arrived today; slightly less than stellar packing, but everything appears intact. Not the worst buying e xp erience, but definitely not as good as it should have been. Future purchases will most likely be made elsewhere (Rev).

[quote=""RosereIII""]So 2 phone calls and a few emails later and my order has been sorted. Sword of Thranduil has finally arrived today; slightly less than stellar packing, but everything appears intact. Not the worst buying e xp erience, but definitely not as good as it should have been. Future purchases will most likely be made elsewhere (Rev).[/quote]

Sorry about your troubles Rosere. I'm glad you got the sword though :)
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

[quote=""RosereIII""]So 2 phone calls and a few emails later and my order has been sorted. Sword of Thranduil has finally arrived today; slightly less than stellar packing, but everything appears intact. Not the worst buying e xp erience, but definitely not as good as it should have been. Future purchases will most likely be made elsewhere (Rev).[/quote]

Post pics!!!

[quote=""RosereIII""] However, I paid in full at the time of the order, so you could understand why I am a little shocked to see this message. [/quote]
BudK charged you when the order was placed for an out of stock item? I thought they only charged when the product was in stock and ready to ship. I have been recommending them to my collectors specifically because I was told they did not do this.
KRDS

[quote=""Balrog3019""]Post pics!!![/quote]
My sentiments exactly, POST PICS!
And a quick review of what you think of it in quality.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Yes, allosaur176 is correct. When I went back through all my bank records, it wasn't paid in full. It was weird as I had ordered half a dozen items which were in different stages of release, so I was charged and refunded the full amount then charged different amounts as the items were all shipped; that was my misunderstanding.

As for the rest, I will try to post some pics tomorrow after work. First impression; very nice sword, kinda heavier than I e xp ected, not completely thrilled about the 'blade decorations' which are very thick and seem a bit impractical on a blade (even a fantasy one). Quality is pretty good, my only complaint would be the seam where the blade decorations are joined on each side.
Last edited by RosereIII on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

After it's little side-aventure with UPS, my Thranduil sword finally arrived. I will take some pics tonight or tomorrow and post them (if the UCF software will let me). <fingers crossed>

Additional note: I tried to take a sneak peek at the sword in my office, but the printed sleeve is so tight around the box I can't get it off. I'm afraid the only solution may be to damage it in the removal process. I'll try again at home . . .
Last edited by Buckeye on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Return to “Reviews & Articles”