Re: What is everyone watching these days?

[quote=""BladeCollector""]I am usually not :) I think I was more shocked as to how and why it was all planned out. As far as the ending it was ... the one with Oliver in Hong Kong... when Felicity said something about "How did you learn to fly a plane?" I was like, hey wait as second, what the heck?!? he was off the island and... HOW DID HE END UP BACK ON IT!?!?

I wasn't COMPLETELY shocked with Thea, I am curious as to how her storyline plays out with Malcolm, does she become a big bad girl arrow?? I think Quentin will be fine, just needed some extra drama for Laural during the off season :)
[/quote]

I don't like Waller but... I am interested to see how that story line plays out. Sounds like Oliver gets some extra training...or missions. I am hoping Anatoly reappears also, I was curious how that storyline would play out but now I feel like I've been left hanging. But, Oliver has to end up back on the island somehow, that's where he was discovered. And there's the Deathstroke mask on the island too. So either things turn south with Waller (easy to see how that could happen :rolleye :) or she runs out of use for him, or she puts him back on the island to punish him. Did you notice the Slade's cell door said ARGUS on it? I need to watch the finale (and the entire season) again.

And with Quentin, I was actually kind of happy to see him keel over. The Mirakuru Minions were tearing people to shreds, it's completely believably for him to have suffered some internal trauma after the beating he took.

I hope Ravager and Blood are truly done with, they don't interest me as baddies now. Too much else going on!

[quote=""Arwyniel""]Ikr??!!!
Hasn't Cate been through enough already?? Sheesh![/quote]

I know! I think I was less bothered by the added trauma/drama at the very end of the episode, and more bothered by the cheap cliffhanger for the fans. I was not surprised the *wedding* didn't happen, Andrew Marlowe made it that sound like would happen in season 7 anyway. I was more annoyed that the episode literally ended in an unforeseen ditch. If there would have been any foreshadowing as to who the baddy was, I would have been okay with it, but as it is right now, that was kind of a lazy ending. I would really like to see the return of 3XK now that the Johanna storyline has wrapped up. I think AM may have another new baddy in mind though, and if so, that wasn't a decent way to introduce them. If it's 3XK raining on their parade, well that makes more sense. I think. :P I still love this show though, and there were definitely some great moments in the finale.

[quote=""Nerdanel""]I don't like Waller but... I am interested to see how that story line plays out. Sounds like Oliver gets some extra training...or missions. I am hoping Anatoly reappears also, I was curious how that storyline would play out but now I feel like I've been left hanging. But, Oliver has to end up back on the island somehow, that's where he was discovered. And there's the Deathstroke mask on the island too. So either things turn south with Waller (easy to see how that could happen :rolleye :) or she runs out of use for him, or she puts him back on the island to punish him. Did you notice the Slade's cell door said ARGUS on it? I need to watch the finale (and the entire season) again.

And with Quentin, I was actually kind of happy to see him keel over. The Mirakuru Minions were tearing people to shreds, it's completely believably for him to have suffered some internal trauma after the beating he took.

I hope Ravager and Blood are truly done with, they don't interest me as baddies now. Too much else going on!

.[/quote]

I guess we have to wait for the Fall :(

EDIT:

JUST SAW THIS... after I made my post http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... lar-704413
Last edited by BladeCollector on Thu May 15, 2014 10:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

[quote=""BladeCollector""]I guess we have to wait for the Fall :(

EDIT:

JUST SAW THIS... after I made my post http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... lar-704413[/quote]

*black speech* So Thea will be back in the fall! Maybe Sara will be taking a few episodes off then....?

The wait for fall is going to kill me! :( I'm looking forward to the return of Castle and Arrow, and I plan to check out the Flash and Gotham.

I might catch up on AoS over the summer. And I might check out Black Sails while the whole season is still available On Demand. And if all else fails, I will resort to rewatching TBBT, Arrow, and Sherlock - love that show! I still haven't checked out Vikings...maybe I will do that, is it renewed for a 3rd season? That might be my deciding factor.

Well, AoS isn't on Amazon Prime, or On Demand, so then I either need to get Netflix (ugh...another bill?!) or buy the season when it comes out... :|

That's it, I'm moving to Texas! All the cool things are in Texas. SXSWesteros, now 3 different Cons? All we get in California is the CrazyTrain and more taxes. :rolleye:
(Okay, we do get ComicCon, but that is nowhere near me and very e xp ensive.)

So is this a 50/50 chance, or slightly better? Be honest, who will you be more excited to see, Coulson or Simmons? :D

Well I want to go 100%, but I don't want to go by myself, so finding someone to go with me on the short of notice is going to be the hard part, the con is Friday thru Monday so it would also depend on what day the cast of AoS is appearing, I dont really want to take more time off of work, with the london trip coming up and I may be going to California for a week to visit my niece.

And yes, comic-con is the holy grail, but sooooo e xp ensive and sooooooo hard to get passes too.

Texas has a lot of small cons, but San Antonio and Austin have annual Wizard World Cons, New Orleans has one too and its the same distance from me as San Antonio is (just in a different direction)

I had never heard of Comicpalooza until earlier today. I have looked on the site, http://www.comicpalooza.com/, but can't see a guest schedule (as in days and times celebs will be appearing). There is going to be a lot of people there, even Bret Hart, who was my favorite wrestler when I was a kid.

As far Coulson and Simmons, thats tough, I would be starstruck for both. Coulson is just soooo cool and Simmons is just soooooo beautiful ;) .

i see.
1.Vikings ,of cause .most history acuate serie made ,and ofcuse based on a saga. :thumbs_up
2. game of thrones ,a fantasy story ,whit alot of realality drama ,involved.
3.hanibal lector,an inteligent ,seriel killer and kanibal..(im dot surpriced that ,mads mikelsen ,took that role,as hannibal). :thumbs_up
4.banshee. great introduktion ,into the armish,world ,(ulrik thomsen)and a exconvikt ,overtaken as the new sherif.in town. :thumbs_up

Just finished watching the entire series of Robin Hood BBC Series. 3 seasons, 13 episodes each, took me a couple months or so to watch it. I actually watched the last season in a week, but that's because I..A. wanted to get finished, and B. all my usual shows are on summer hiatus, so I just filled in my evenings with netflix. Pretty good overall, fairly campy. Some of the costuming, especially the soldiers/guards looked like a stage production.

Of course not very historical, and lots of anachronistic content, mismatched clothing, I swear I remember seeing someone wearing a 20th century blazer/sport coat, and I am no e xp ert, but I dont think CPR was around during Robin Hood times :) But it was entertaining.
Last edited by BladeCollector on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just started watching Game of Thrones recently, had never seen any of it prior to a few days ago and, well......

I'm already up through The Lion and the Rose.

I was e xp ecting it to be an over-hyped garbage show that tries to be edgy by including lots of sex and violence. Was SO pleasantly surprised by the fact that it's actually good!

EDIT: Also, I adore the intro theme. Duuuun-duuuun-dun-dun-duuuun-duuuun-dun-dun-duuuuuuuuunnn! Cellos rule.

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

I've been binge watching Netflix over the summer. I don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed at the amount of time I have spent, haha.

Since June 28, so less than 2 months... I watched both seasons of House of Cards and both seasons of Orange is the New Black, 13 episodes each, so thats a total of 52 episodes between the 2 series.

Those took about 7-8 days each to get thru, so a couple of week to get thru the 52 episodes.

Then I started a show I have been putting off for a while, so I started watching Dexter and blew thru those 8 seasons from June 18 thru August 17th, so a month to blow thru 96 episodes of Dexter.

I looked all this up on my Netflix activity. So 148 episodes in a a couple of months or so... whew!

My name is Bladecollector, and I have an addiction!

[quote=""RevAnakin""]I have never seen either of those. What are they about?[/quote]

The first one is action movie,10 people who are Condemned have to fight against each other for life and death and only 1 fighter my survive and win his/her freedom with a lot of cash money.

Second movie is a thriller: A couple got an accedent and they die and the two children are moving into the neigbours house which turn out to be a real nightmare.

[quote=""BladeCollector""]I've been watching a lot of the comic TV series lately, The Flash, Arrow, Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, and I know its not comic book, but Sleepy Hollow as well.

And I already finished season 3 of House of Cards :) [/quote]

I typically hate all things CW, but Arrow and Flash are legit! Pretty good acting for the most part, slightly darker (like the Nolan Batmans), and have just enough camp to be hilariously awesome. Last Tuesday's episode of the Flash was crazzzzzzzzzzzy!

[quote=""RevAnakin""]I typically hate all things CW, but Arrow and Flash are legit! Pretty good acting for the most part, slightly darker (like the Nolan Batmans), and have just enough camp to be hilariously awesome. Last Tuesday's episode of the Flash was crazzzzzzzzzzzy![/quote]

I L-O-V-E The Arrow and now The Flash, I think the Flash is a bit campier and more light hearted than Arrow, but I really enjoy both of them.

I've started watching the History Channel's miniseries "Texas Rising". I'd recommend it, it's by the same team that produced "Hatfields and McCoys" last year (two years? I don't remember). Anyway, the drama is tense, the cinematography is great, and the music is a must for anyone who is charmed by old Westerns. The goofy kids get a little more screen time than they should, but that's universal in most movies. :rolleye: You can catch the first episode for free at history.com and the series continues tonight at 9:00 PM EST. Remember the Alamo! :horseback :horseback
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Fingolfin wrote:I've started watching the History Channel's miniseries "Texas Rising". I'd recommend it, it's by the same team that produced "Hatfields and McCoys" last year (two years? I don't remember). Anyway, the drama is tense, the cinematography is great, and the music is a must for anyone who is charmed by old Westerns. The goofy kids get a little more screen time than they should, but that's universal in most movies. :rolleye: You can catch the first episode for free at history.com and the series continues tonight at 9:00 PM EST. Remember the Alamo! :horseback :horseback
That is pretty cool. I have never been much into Old West history, but I may have to check it out.

The wife and I got bored over the weekend and we started binge watching Restaurant Impossible, kind of like Kitchen Nightmares by Ramsay.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Decide what to defend your castle with at www.castlekon.com

i have not seen texas rising ,yet .figol.
but a have an adictid to ,some series .
deadwood, and, hell on weels.i can not wait until next .season starts :horseback

Also this is no surprice ,that my favoer serie is Vikings, :viking:
have overcome ,even game of thrones season 5 ,in there first 5 episodes.vs season 3 vikings _ :viking:

secondery. favoer tv shows.is.
banhsee.
black sails.
code 100.
12 monkeys.
:thumbs_up

Return to “Media”