Go Back  Ultimate Collectors' Forums > The Armoury > Reviews & Articles
User Name
Password
Register FAQChatBox FullDonate Members List Calendar Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2005
Sir Tristram

Exclamation Sorry, (sort of) OT: Anyone know about the MITHRIL ARMOURY?? HELP!!!!

I bought and paid for an item from GINGER WAGES of the Mithril Armoury back in January and I know they have been having problems and have had to go on hiatus, but now the site is completely shut down and all the contact info. (Phone numbers and e-mail addresses) are out fo service!

I am panicing, because I was told to wait and my order would be fulfilled but alas it has not and now I am out $105!!!

Please...if anyone can help....please contact me!
ANy info on how to reach her.....please!

-----------=======[Profile Information]=======-----------

My Collection: Not Set Yet - Please Set This in Your Settings

Old 08-02-2005
Forum Supporter

Default Re: Sorry, (sort of) OT: Anyone know about the MITHRIL ARMOURY?? HELP!!!!

I feel your pain, man. I paid $120 for something and asked for a refund 2 months ago. Then she did her "shut down" and was supposed to be back in operation 8/1. This is just freaking great news.

Old 08-03-2005
Anarion

Default Re: Sorry, (sort of) OT: Anyone know about the MITHRIL ARMOURY?? HELP!!!!

Interesting. I have ordered 1 product from this place last year, and it came with no problems. However, they do seem sort of mysterious sometimes. Doesnt look like a very professional site. This is a long time to wait for something even if their site is down, they could at least ship the product. Seems suspicious.

Ummm, go here maybe? http://www.bbb.com/ A few years ago we had shipped a faulty sword back to a company and they said they had never received it, so they could not refund the money, but my mom contacted the BBB and got it sorted out. Though, I'm not sure what they can do.:confused:

Old 08-03-2005
Monsieur de Tréville

I know we don't usually talk about other dealers... i'm not entirely sure what they sell. But I looked at the site and it says "The Mithril Armoury is temporarily closed. We plan to reopen at the end of July. All existing/open orders will be filled per product availability and by ..."

I don't know what this means exactly. But from the sounds of it... they may be closed till the end of the month before they re-open.

It's always better to go with a site that you know you can trust and that wont suddenly disappear like that without warning. I do hope that your items are given... for no money should ever be wasted.

My Collection: Unlimited Edition Anduril, Helm of Sauron, Helm of Elendil, Gondorian Infantry Helm, The Snake Tamer Sword, and The Crecy by Albion.

Old 08-03-2005
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorin
I know we don't usually talk about other dealers... i'm not entirely sure what they sell. But I looked at the site and it says "The Mithril Armoury is temporarily closed. We plan to reopen at the end of July. All existing/open orders will be filled per product availability and by ..."

I don't know what this means exactly. But from the sounds of it... they may be closed till the end of the month before they re-open.
The site says this for you now? Right now? Whenever I go to it there is absolutely nothing there, page cannot be displayed. I know it used to say that, but I get nothing now.

This site was reliable and she was good at updating you on the status of everything. Now it just seems like she has jumped ship and stolen everyone's money. It would be nice to get a list of everyone that she screwed and see how much that comes to and get the police in her city involved.

Old 08-03-2005
Sir Tristram

This is what is says for me when I go there:

Quote:
Gone

The requested resource
/
is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource.

Old 08-03-2005
King

Okay, now that an admin has posted without closing the thread, I might aswell say somthing. I bought there eowyn raffle ticket and ended up winning the sword, and now Im in the same position as you guys (though im only out 5 dollars). I have posted on the "Tolkien online forum", which they sponcer(ed), asking what happened. I also know that there is a member on these forums that knows the owner. If I find any news, ill post it

~wormtongue

My Collection: Narsil, Anduril (LE) & Scabbard, Shards of Narsil, Herugrim, Strider's Ranger Sword & Scabbard, Isildur Helm & Sword, Elendils Helm, Gondorian Helm & Shield, Sauron Helm & Gauntlet. Kingdom of Heaven Sword & Scabbards of Balian, & Guy, Hospittaler Helm & Sword of Reynold & Tiberias. Jack Sparrows Sword, Flintlock, & Compass, Barbossas Sword, & Dead Man's Chest Replica. Cold Steel Smallsword & Napoleon Saber. Valiant Kriegshwert. Hanwai Swept Hilt Rapier, & Revolutionary War Hanger. Windlass Pirate Hanger, Florintine Rapier, & Mercenary Sword. C.A.S. Civil War Cutlass. Denix Pirate Dagger. Updated 03/14/11!

Old 08-03-2005
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grima Wormtongue
I have posted on the "Tolkien online forum", which they sponcer(ed), asking what happened. I also know that there is a member on these forums that knows the owner. If I find any news, ill post it

~wormtongue
Excellent, Grima thanks for posting. If enough of us stick together, hopefully we can get this resolved to where everyone is happy.

Old 08-04-2005
Forum Supporter

Got a response from her this morning, anyone else? I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well for her business, but that doesn't give her the right to spend our money.

Quote:
I am and will continue to be issuing refunds for all orders; it's all a long

story, but TMA is now closed with no hope of reopening. I tried to keep

things going, but it proved to be impossible.

Please look for a refund around the first of September.

So sorry and thanks for your patience!

Ginger

Old 08-08-2005
Brego

The last post was a bit of a relief to see. It was stated earlier that Ginger may have jumped ship and spent everyone's money. I've spoken to her more than a few times and that's just not her nature. Everyone can fall on hard times and anyone that has (especially business related) knows it can take a while to get back on their feet. I put half down for a sword so I'm only out $75 but I feel that she'll do everything she can to put things right. 1 August was the target to open the site but on that date everything pretty much disappeared (to inlclude another site of hers that wasn't LOTR related). I've e-mailed to a different address so I'll keep hoping for a reply. If I hear of any updates I'll pass them along as well.