Go Back  Ultimate Collectors' Forums > The Armoury > New Products, Release Dates, & Updates
User Name
Password
Register FAQChatBox FullDonate Members List Calendar Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012
Knight

Default Re: So long "LOTR"; Hello "Hobbit"...

I personally would still like to see Sauron's Mace made to complete the Sauron collection . As well as all of the Hobbit weapons , can't wait !!!
I may get Isildur's sword , wasn't going to as it wasn't a prominent sword , but slowly changing my mind . Same reason I didn't get Narsil , I have the Shards and they were more a part of the story and movie .

-----------=======[Profile Information]=======-----------

My Collection: Sting + Scabbard , Glamdring + White & Blue Scabbards , Witchking Sword , Ringwraith Sword , Hadhafang , Strider Sword + Scabbard , Uruk-Hai Scimitar , Herugrim , Elven Knife of Strider , Fighting Knives of Legolas + Scabbards , High Elven Warrior Sword , Anduril + Scabbard , Staff of Saruman , Staff of Gandalf , Gimli Battle Axe , Gimli Walking Axe , Gimli Bearded Axe , Eowyn Sword , Dagger of the Witchking , Shards Of Narsil L.E. , High Elven Warrior Shield , Gimli Helm #7 , Sword of Samwise MC , Helm Of Sauron , Second Age Gondorian Shield , Noble Collection Crown of Elessar , MR One Ring of Sauron , MR Sting FX , MC LE Lothlorien Bow of Legolas , Anaplasma Studios 1:1 Mouth of Sauron Helm , UC Gandalf the Grey Staff(Hobbit) , UC Orcrist and Scabbard , Hobbit Sting + Scabbard , Sword of Fili , Sword of Kili , Noble Deathless Dwarf Sword of Thorin , Weta Balin's Mace , Dwalin's Axes , Knife of Fili , Knives of Nori , Key to Erebor , Wicked Replicas Warhammer of Fili , Noble Bilbo Deed of Contract , JP DeMiguel Scroll of Isildur and Eomer Banishment Scoll , Claw of Smaug , Signed Scripts FOTR , TTT , ROTK + Mcfarlane and Neca Horror Figures and Props

Old 04-23-2012
Forum Supporter

Interesting news!

Hm... That means I may need to do a little shopping to add to my collection before they're gone for good!

EWS and Eowyn are at the top of that list!

My Collection: UC1264 - Sting, UC1265 - Glamdring, UC1267 - Narsil, UC1299 - Strider's Ranger Sword, UC1370 - Herugrim, UC1380ASLB - LE Anduril #0958, UC1454 - 2nd Age Gondorian Shield #2449, UC1296 - Shards of Narsil #1213

Old 04-24-2012
King

Draven what"s EWS stand for ???

My Collection: Glamdring Museum Collection 705/1000*Shards of Narsil LE*1795/5000*Anduril LE *3978/5000*Sting MC LE *2436/3000*Gondorian Helmset LE *790/1000*Helm of king elendil LE *2074/5000*Helm of Sauron LE *2795/3000*Helm of Sauron LE scale 1/4 *3275/5000*Gauntlet of Sauron LE *271/3000*Sword of Samwise Museum Collection 227/600*Sword of Samwise Regular number 239*The one ring with COA* Barad-Dur from Danbury Mint number *5853*/Anduril regular/Ringwraith sword/Glamdring sword with blue scabbard/Boromir sword/Sting with scabbard/Elven knife of strider/High elven warrior sword/Strider ranger sword/Eowyn sword/Herugrim sword of king theoden/Sword of Isildur/Sword of Samwise Regular/Shards of narsil statue/Ringwraith bust/Nazgul steed bust/Saruman light-up mini bust.

Old 04-24-2012
King

Elven warrior sword

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal."

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"I'm patient, I can wait!"

My Collection: LOTR: UC1278MIN The sword of the Ringwraiths miniature version :: FPR UC2595 The Dagger of the Witch-King :: UC1309 Uruk Hai Scimitar :: UC1264 Sting sword of Frodo Baggins :: UC1300 Sting scabbard (with suede strap) :: UC1370 Herugrim: The sword of King Theoden :: UC1397 The battle axe of Gimli :: UC1265 Glamdring the sword of Gandalf :: UC1417 Glamdring Scabbard (blue) :: UC2941 The War Helm of Sauron #0764 of 1500 :: THE HOBBIT: UC2928 Orcrist the sword of Thorin :: UC3042 The sword of Thranduil (Pre-ordered) :: (Weta)The staff of Radagast #340 of 1000 :: (Weta) The key to Erebor

Old 04-24-2012
Kingslayer

More commonly referred to as 'HEWS' (High Elven Warrior Sword).

My Collection: MIDDLE EARTH COLLECTION: [UC] Anduril (LE #3852), Anduril w/ Scabbard, Boromir's Sword, Eowyn's Sword, Fili's Sword(x2), Gimli's Battle Axe, Gimli's Bearded Axe, Gimli's Walking Axe, Glamdring (MC #0561) w/ Blue Scabbard, Glamdring w/ White Scabbard, Gondorian Shield (#2348), Hadhafang, Herugrim, High Elven Warrior Sword, Isildur's Sword (#0278), Kili's Sword, Legolas' Fighting Knives w/ Scabbards, Narsil, Orcrist w/ Scabbard, Ringwraith's Sword, Samwise's Sword (MC #0465), Shards of Narsil (#3784), Staff of Saruman, Staff of Gandalf the Grey, Staff of Gandalf the White, Sting (MC #2051) w/ Scabbard (LotR), Sting w/ Scabbard (Hobbit), Strider's Elven Knife, Strider's Ranger Sword w/ Scabbard, Uruk-hai Scimitar, Witchking's Dagger (#1192), and Witchking's Sword. [WETA] Bilbo's Deed of Contract, Key to Erebor, Mirkwood Gaol Key, Smaug Horde Coins, Staff of Radagast (#0093). [NOBLE] Staff of Gandalf the Grey, Sword of Thorin Oakenshield. [HCG] Lothlorien Bow. [NEW LINE] Mirkwood Bow. [OTHER] The One Ring. GAME OF THRONES: [VS] Catspaw Blade (#0113), Ice (#136), Longclaw (#419) with Scabbard, Sword of Robb Stark (#1298). SPARTACUS: [MR] Arena Sword(x2). ROBIN HOOD: [MR] Sword of Robin Hood. PRINCE OF PERSIA: [UC] Black Shamshir of Dastan(x2), Sands of Time Dagger. TROY: [NOBLE] Sword of Achilles. 300: [NECA] Spartan Helm and Sword. ERAGON: [MR] Zar’roc. ORIGINAL COLLECTION: Hanwei Side Sword, Blue Engraved Katana, Raptor Sword, Reverse-blade Katana. PREORDER: Thranduil's Sw

Old 04-24-2012
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosereIII View Post
More commonly referred to as 'HEWS' (High Elven Warrior Sword).
That's right I know what HEWS stands for but i did'nt know what EWS was.
But HEWS can for both pieces,
High elven warrior sword and High elven warrior shield.

My Collection: Glamdring Museum Collection 705/1000*Shards of Narsil LE*1795/5000*Anduril LE *3978/5000*Sting MC LE *2436/3000*Gondorian Helmset LE *790/1000*Helm of king elendil LE *2074/5000*Helm of Sauron LE *2795/3000*Helm of Sauron LE scale 1/4 *3275/5000*Gauntlet of Sauron LE *271/3000*Sword of Samwise Museum Collection 227/600*Sword of Samwise Regular number 239*The one ring with COA* Barad-Dur from Danbury Mint number *5853*/Anduril regular/Ringwraith sword/Glamdring sword with blue scabbard/Boromir sword/Sting with scabbard/Elven knife of strider/High elven warrior sword/Strider ranger sword/Eowyn sword/Herugrim sword of king theoden/Sword of Isildur/Sword of Samwise Regular/Shards of narsil statue/Ringwraith bust/Nazgul steed bust/Saruman light-up mini bust.

Old 04-24-2012
Kingslayer

Yea...I didn't even think about the shield. Good point.

My Collection: MIDDLE EARTH COLLECTION: [UC] Anduril (LE #3852), Anduril w/ Scabbard, Boromir's Sword, Eowyn's Sword, Fili's Sword(x2), Gimli's Battle Axe, Gimli's Bearded Axe, Gimli's Walking Axe, Glamdring (MC #0561) w/ Blue Scabbard, Glamdring w/ White Scabbard, Gondorian Shield (#2348), Hadhafang, Herugrim, High Elven Warrior Sword, Isildur's Sword (#0278), Kili's Sword, Legolas' Fighting Knives w/ Scabbards, Narsil, Orcrist w/ Scabbard, Ringwraith's Sword, Samwise's Sword (MC #0465), Shards of Narsil (#3784), Staff of Saruman, Staff of Gandalf the Grey, Staff of Gandalf the White, Sting (MC #2051) w/ Scabbard (LotR), Sting w/ Scabbard (Hobbit), Strider's Elven Knife, Strider's Ranger Sword w/ Scabbard, Uruk-hai Scimitar, Witchking's Dagger (#1192), and Witchking's Sword. [WETA] Bilbo's Deed of Contract, Key to Erebor, Mirkwood Gaol Key, Smaug Horde Coins, Staff of Radagast (#0093). [NOBLE] Staff of Gandalf the Grey, Sword of Thorin Oakenshield. [HCG] Lothlorien Bow. [NEW LINE] Mirkwood Bow. [OTHER] The One Ring. GAME OF THRONES: [VS] Catspaw Blade (#0113), Ice (#136), Longclaw (#419) with Scabbard, Sword of Robb Stark (#1298). SPARTACUS: [MR] Arena Sword(x2). ROBIN HOOD: [MR] Sword of Robin Hood. PRINCE OF PERSIA: [UC] Black Shamshir of Dastan(x2), Sands of Time Dagger. TROY: [NOBLE] Sword of Achilles. 300: [NECA] Spartan Helm and Sword. ERAGON: [MR] Zar’roc. ORIGINAL COLLECTION: Hanwei Side Sword, Blue Engraved Katana, Raptor Sword, Reverse-blade Katana. PREORDER: Thranduil's Sw

Old 08-05-2012
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpegasusm View Post
Out of curiosity, that looks a fair bit like the Sting released for LOTR. The scrollwork is there on the blade. Is the difference we're all expecting the fact that it won't have the Elvish runes that say it's called Sting on it?

I wonder which one ends up becoming more collectable, pre or post Hobbit.

My Collection: Hadhafang, Gud Dadeloth, Knives of Legolas, Knives of Legolas Scabbards, Herugrum, Sting, Sting Scabbard

Old 08-07-2012
Flame of Udun

The scrollwork is there, as you pointed out, but the runes on the blade as well as on the hilt, are missing. Those only get added after Bilbo returns from his journey.

The general expectation (as well as the logical one,) is that UC will release at least two non-MC versions of Sting with the release of The Hobbit: one that looks like the one in the link (pre-runes) and possibly a simple re-release of the LOTR version (with runes) but no other alterations.

As far as collectability, that's a tough call: the LOTR version did come first, so it is older, but it was mass-produced in abundance, is still available for very cheap, and it will probably be released again, further driving down its value. The Hobbit version without runes may yet prove rarer, depending on how crazy UC goes with production. However, because most of us already have a Sting, possibly even two if you own the MC version, the non-runed Sting may be a LE release, but that's just speculation on my part.

My Collection: UC: Sting & Scabbard, Glamdring with White & Blue Scabbards, Sword of the Witch-king, Ringwraith Sword, Strider's Ranger Sword & Scabbard, LE Shards of Narsil, Narsil, LE Anduril & Scabbard, Hadhafang, Fighting Knives of Legolas & Scabbards, Elven Knife of Strider, Sword of Isildur, MC Sword of Samwise, Sword of Boromir, Sword of Eowyn, Dagger of the Witch-king, Gimli's Battle Axe, Gimli's Bearded Axe, Gimli's Walking Axe, High Elven Warrior Sword, Uruk-hai Scimitar, Herugrim, Orcrist, Elendil's Helm, Gimli's Helm, Sauron's Helm, High Elven Warrior Helm, Gondor Infantry Helm, Isildur's Helm, War Helm of the Witch-king, Sauron's Gauntlet, Staff of Saruman, Staff of Gandalf the White, Staff of Gandalf the Grey, High Elven Warrior Shield, 2nd Age Gondor Shield, MC Sting, Sword of Kili, Sword of Fili; NC: One Ring 18k, Narya, Nenya, Vilya, Ring of Barahir, Fellowship Brooch, Gandalf the White Brooch, Crown of King Elessar, Thranduil's Ring, The Evenstar, Elrond's Headdress, Deed of Contract, Bilbo's Pipe, Aragorn's Pipe, Gandalf's Pipe, Phial of Galadriel, Other: LE Lothlorien Bow of Legolas, Legolas' Archery Bracers, Boromir's Bracers of Gondor, Boromir's Horn of Gondor, Gauntlets of the Witchking, Scroll of Isildur, Thrain's Map, The Key to Erebor, Staff of Radagast, One Ring with Elvish runes and Silver Chain, Thorin's Ring, Redbook of Westmarch, Smaug's Claw, Bilbo's Inkwell, Lembas, Sam's Spice Box, Bilbo's Mithril Shirt, Mirkwood Cell Key, Thror's Ring, Boromir's Shield

Last edited by Valkrist; 08-07-2012 at 02:23 AM..