Go Back  Ultimate Collectors' Forums > General Conversations > Other Discussions
User Name
Password
Register FAQChatBox FullDonate Members List Calendar Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012
Flame of Udun

Default Re: I need some help please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
No Val that were the only four she got and now i get them.
Why ??? Do you looking for one too?
I wasn't until I realized that someone actually had these kicking around for sale without the swords to go with them.

I have always wanted to display Hadhafang on the wall rather than on its horizontal stand. In my current home, I had the sword above the fireplace mantelpiece, which was a very good spot for it. When I move though, I want to mount it on a wall along with my other swords. I'm thinking of converting the UC stand into a wall plaque, but I figured my job could be made easier if I had access to the Noble plaque.

Alas.

-----------=======[Profile Information]=======-----------

My Collection: UC: Sting & Scabbard, Glamdring with White & Blue Scabbards, Sword of the Witch-king, Ringwraith Sword, Strider's Ranger Sword & Scabbard, LE Shards of Narsil, Narsil, LE Anduril & Scabbard, Hadhafang, Fighting Knives of Legolas & Scabbards, Elven Knife of Strider, Sword of Isildur, MC Sword of Samwise, Sword of Boromir, Sword of Eowyn, Dagger of the Witch-king, Gimli's Battle Axe, Gimli's Bearded Axe, Gimli's Walking Axe, High Elven Warrior Sword, Uruk-hai Scimitar, Herugrim, Orcrist, Elendil's Helm, Gimli's Helm, Sauron's Helm, High Elven Warrior Helm, Gondor Infantry Helm, Isildur's Helm, War Helm of the Witch-king, Sauron's Gauntlet, Staff of Saruman, Staff of Gandalf the White, Staff of Gandalf the Grey, High Elven Warrior Shield, 2nd Age Gondor Shield, MC Sting, Sword of Kili, Sword of Fili; NC: One Ring 18k, Narya, Nenya, Vilya, Ring of Barahir, Fellowship Brooch, Gandalf the White Brooch, Crown of King Elessar, Thranduil's Ring, The Evenstar, Elrond's Headdress, Deed of Contract, Bilbo's Pipe, Aragorn's Pipe, Gandalf's Pipe, Phial of Galadriel, Other: LE Lothlorien Bow of Legolas, Legolas' Archery Bracers, Boromir's Bracers of Gondor, Boromir's Horn of Gondor, Gauntlets of the Witchking, Scroll of Isildur, Thrain's Map, The Key to Erebor, Staff of Radagast, One Ring with Elvish runes and Silver Chain, Thorin's Ring, Redbook of Westmarch, Smaug's Claw, Bilbo's Inkwell, Lembas, Sam's Spice Box, Bilbo's Mithril Shirt, Mirkwood Cell Key, Thror's Ring, Boromir's Shield

Old 04-06-2012
King

Wow, $40 for those is quite a steal! I must say that the NC plaques are really nice. I'd go for a Hadhafang one too but I don't really like the blue background. I think it would be easier to convert the UC one than to refinish the NC one, but we shall see...one day when I finally get that sword.

Are the NC swords any good? I wasn't aware that they had made so many! I've only ever seen Anduril, Hadhafang, Sting, and the Battle Axe.

My Collection: LOTR: High Elven Warrior Helm #1102/5000, High Elven Warrior Sword, Second Age Gondorian Shield #2104/2500, Helm of King Elendil #376/5000, Battle Axe of Gimli, Walking Axe of Gimli, Gimli's Helm #2883/5000, Sting & Sting Scabbard, Sam's Sword #11, Glamdring, Strider's Sword, Elven Knife of Strider, Narsil, Hadhafang. Sideshow/Weta: Busts- Gil-Galad, Elrond, Prince Isildur, King Theoden, Gandalf the Grey, Peregrin Took, Samwise Gamgee, Frodo Baggins, Gimli, Boromir, High Elven Infantryman, Eomer, Meriadoc, Legolas, Numenorean, Elendil, Aragorn, Hooded Rohirrim Soldier, Grima, Galadhrim Soldier, Bilbo, Galadriel, Saruman, Dwarven Lord. Enviros- Bag End Open Edition, Rivendell #45/300, Prancing Pony, Bucklebury Ferry, Golden Hall. Statues- Smeagol, Weta Gollum, Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, Theoden, Gandalf on Shadowfax, Galadhrim Soldier, Eowyn, Haradrim Soldier, PJ as Corsair, Elrond, Boromir, Legolas, Grima Wormtongue. Helms: Galadhrim Warhelm. HARRY POTTER: Professor Snape's Wand, Harry's Wand, Professor Dumbledore's Wand, Sirius Black's Wand, Ron Weasley's Wand, Remus Lupin's Wand, Neville Longbottom's Wand, Mad-Eye's Wand.

Old 04-06-2012
Flame of Udun

Despite claims that they were made in Toledo, Spain, some folks reported that they are actually somewhat inferior to UC's work. Most importantly though, is the fact that they have more innacuracies when compared to the original props.

My Collection: UC: Sting & Scabbard, Glamdring with White & Blue Scabbards, Sword of the Witch-king, Ringwraith Sword, Strider's Ranger Sword & Scabbard, LE Shards of Narsil, Narsil, LE Anduril & Scabbard, Hadhafang, Fighting Knives of Legolas & Scabbards, Elven Knife of Strider, Sword of Isildur, MC Sword of Samwise, Sword of Boromir, Sword of Eowyn, Dagger of the Witch-king, Gimli's Battle Axe, Gimli's Bearded Axe, Gimli's Walking Axe, High Elven Warrior Sword, Uruk-hai Scimitar, Herugrim, Orcrist, Elendil's Helm, Gimli's Helm, Sauron's Helm, High Elven Warrior Helm, Gondor Infantry Helm, Isildur's Helm, War Helm of the Witch-king, Sauron's Gauntlet, Staff of Saruman, Staff of Gandalf the White, Staff of Gandalf the Grey, High Elven Warrior Shield, 2nd Age Gondor Shield, MC Sting, Sword of Kili, Sword of Fili; NC: One Ring 18k, Narya, Nenya, Vilya, Ring of Barahir, Fellowship Brooch, Gandalf the White Brooch, Crown of King Elessar, Thranduil's Ring, The Evenstar, Elrond's Headdress, Deed of Contract, Bilbo's Pipe, Aragorn's Pipe, Gandalf's Pipe, Phial of Galadriel, Other: LE Lothlorien Bow of Legolas, Legolas' Archery Bracers, Boromir's Bracers of Gondor, Boromir's Horn of Gondor, Gauntlets of the Witchking, Scroll of Isildur, Thrain's Map, The Key to Erebor, Staff of Radagast, One Ring with Elvish runes and Silver Chain, Thorin's Ring, Redbook of Westmarch, Smaug's Claw, Bilbo's Inkwell, Lembas, Sam's Spice Box, Bilbo's Mithril Shirt, Mirkwood Cell Key, Thror's Ring, Boromir's Shield

Old 04-06-2012
King

I.M.O The most beautiful swords ever made are the swords from Weta but they are fully handcrafted which they are way to much for my budget.
Second best are the swords of United Cutlery and as for the wallplaque's i like the ones of Noble Collection most.

My Collection: Glamdring Museum Collection 705/1000*Shards of Narsil LE*1795/5000*Anduril LE *3978/5000*Sting MC LE *2436/3000*Gondorian Helmset LE *790/1000*Helm of king elendil LE *2074/5000*Helm of Sauron LE *2795/3000*Helm of Sauron LE scale 1/4 *3275/5000*Gauntlet of Sauron LE *271/3000*Sword of Samwise Museum Collection 227/600*Sword of Samwise Regular number 239*The one ring with COA* Barad-Dur from Danbury Mint number *5853*/Anduril regular/Ringwraith sword/Glamdring sword with blue scabbard/Boromir sword/Sting with scabbard/Elven knife of strider/High elven warrior sword/Strider ranger sword/Eowyn sword/Herugrim sword of king theoden/Sword of Isildur/Sword of Samwise Regular/Shards of narsil statue/Ringwraith bust/Nazgul steed bust/Saruman light-up mini bust.

Old 04-08-2012
Forum Supporter

The swords coming out of Toledo the last couple of years haven't been what the used to be. Perhaps it's the down turn in the economy over there. Many of the better artisans may have left the scene. Ten years ago they produced some great stuff. Now, not so much.

My Collection: UC - LOTR - Sting, Sting Scab., Narsil, Anduril, Anduril Scab., Strider Sword, Strider Scab., Glamdring, Glamdring Blue Scab., Boromir, Isildur, Witchking sword & dagger, Ringwraith, Uruk Hai, Elven Knife/Strider, Knives/Legolas, Knives/Legolas Scabs., Elven Warrior Sword, Herugrim, Hadhafang, Sword/Eowyn, Gondorian Shield, Walking Axe/Gimli, Battle Axe/Gimli, Bearded Axe/Gimli, Gondorian Helmet #1400, MC Samwise #351, Shards/Narsil #3273; UC-KIT RAE – Mithrodin, Black Leg. Battle & War Axes, Anathar, Molotoch, Kilgorin Reg. & Black Ed., Elexorien, Gold Ed. Luciendar, Avaquar Sword & Dagger. Exothath Gold & Reg., Ellexdrow Spear; UC LEG. in STEEL – Pendragon Sword & Dagger, Gawain Dagger, Scorcerer Dagger, Round Table Dagger, Lancelot Dagger, Knight's Dagger, Crusader Dagger; Other UC - Argos, Kull, Dragonheart; Other - Narnia Peter’s Sword; Museum Rep. (Windlass) "300" Leonidas Helm & Spear, "Tudors" King Henry VIII sword, "Gladiator" Maximus Sword, Tigris Sword, "Robin Hood" Robin's Sword & Scabbard/Belt,King John Sword, Sir Godfrey Sword; Valiant Arm. Sig. Castile & Hedemark.