Go Back  Ultimate Collectors' Forums > Announcements & Information > Suggestions & Complaints
User Name
Password
Register FAQChatBox FullDonate Members List Calendar Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011
Kingslayer

Default Certificate of Authenticity

I have noticed in the past that there have been several threads by people who are looking for hi-res scans of a specific certificate that has been damaged or even never received. I have recently joined that category of people when I received my Museum Collection Sting today and had an idea. It would be really nice if we had a 'community/forum database' with the entire selection of certificates; somewhere we could go to get ones that we need or simply just to look at the others without having to shout out to the forum in hopes the right person reads it.

Therefore, my question is this: With the size restrictions on the photo galleries, simply creating an album of them would not work. So, is there a way anyone could think to make this work in a reasonable manner?

(Apologies if something like this exists already and I just couldn't find it.)

-----------=======[Profile Information]=======-----------

My Collection: MIDDLE EARTH COLLECTION: [UC] Anduril (LE #3852), Anduril w/ Scabbard, Boromir's Sword, Eowyn's Sword, Fili's Sword(x2), Gimli's Battle Axe, Gimli's Bearded Axe, Gimli's Walking Axe, Glamdring (MC #0561) w/ Blue Scabbard, Glamdring w/ White Scabbard, Gondorian Shield (#2348), Hadhafang, Herugrim, High Elven Warrior Sword, Isildur's Sword (#0278), Kili's Sword, Legolas' Fighting Knives w/ Scabbards, Narsil, Orcrist w/ Scabbard, Ringwraith's Sword, Samwise's Sword (MC #0465), Shards of Narsil (#3784), Staff of Saruman, Staff of Gandalf the Grey, Staff of Gandalf the White, Sting (MC #2051) w/ Scabbard (LotR), Sting w/ Scabbard (Hobbit), Strider's Elven Knife, Strider's Ranger Sword w/ Scabbard, Uruk-hai Scimitar, Witchking's Dagger (#1192), and Witchking's Sword. [WETA] Bilbo's Deed of Contract, Key to Erebor, Mirkwood Gaol Key, Smaug Horde Coins, Staff of Radagast (#0093). [NOBLE] Staff of Gandalf the Grey, Sword of Thorin Oakenshield. [HCG] Lothlorien Bow. [NEW LINE] Mirkwood Bow. [OTHER] The One Ring. GAME OF THRONES: [VS] Catspaw Blade (#0113), Ice (#136), Longclaw (#419) with Scabbard, Sword of Robb Stark (#1298). SPARTACUS: [MR] Arena Sword(x2). ROBIN HOOD: [MR] Sword of Robin Hood. PRINCE OF PERSIA: [UC] Black Shamshir of Dastan(x2), Sands of Time Dagger. TROY: [NOBLE] Sword of Achilles. 300: [NECA] Spartan Helm and Sword. ERAGON: [MR] Zar’roc. ORIGINAL COLLECTION: Hanwei Side Sword, Blue Engraved Katana, Raptor Sword, Reverse-blade Katana. PREORDER: Thranduil's Sw

Old 06-15-2012
Forum Sponsor

Default Re: Certificate of Authenticity

I have several certificates that I purchased from UC a long time ago for the gandalf staff and a couple of helms. I also will be selling a BROKEN Anduril Limited Edition sword (the Pommel is detached) and has both certificates.

My Collection: Not Set Yet - Please Set This in Your Settings

Old 06-15-2012
King

I'm interested.

My Collection: Glamdring Museum Collection 705/1000*Shards of Narsil LE*1795/5000*Anduril LE *3978/5000*Sting MC LE *2436/3000*Gondorian Helmset LE *790/1000*Helm of king elendil LE *2074/5000*Helm of Sauron LE *2795/3000*Helm of Sauron LE scale 1/4 *3275/5000*Gauntlet of Sauron LE *271/3000*Sword of Samwise Museum Collection 227/600*Sword of Samwise Regular number 239*The one ring with COA* Barad-Dur from Danbury Mint number *5853*/Anduril regular/Ringwraith sword/Glamdring sword with blue scabbard/Boromir sword/Sting with scabbard/Elven knife of strider/High elven warrior sword/Strider ranger sword/Eowyn sword/Herugrim sword of king theoden/Sword of Isildur/Sword of Samwise Regular/Shards of narsil statue/Ringwraith bust/Nazgul steed bust/Saruman light-up mini bust.

Old 06-15-2012
Lord

a certificate goes whit the item ,thats it and that is that,

Old 06-15-2012
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by am.dk View Post
a certificate goes whit the item ,thats it and that is that,
That's true am.dk, but mistakes happen and sometimes the certificate doesn't get put in the box, so people are trying to get one. Also, some people sell their swords but have lost the certificate and the buyer still wants one. With the exception of numbered editions, a dealer like Smithblades has extras to cover these kinds of situations.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, and to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of craftsmanship." Ex 31:3-5

My Collection: ALL OVER THE WORLD. USA, Canada, England, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, Australia.

Old 06-17-2012
Forum Sponsor

Except for the Sting and Glamdring MC Swords, all other ltd ed's that I know of had certificates with written in serial numbers (in regular pen). So what I am saying is, if you had an Isildur Helm but lost the certificate, I have that certificate (the certificate came directly from UC) and the spot for the serial number is blank. All you would need to do is write in your serial number!

Last edited by SmithBlades.com; 06-17-2012 at 09:10 PM..
Old 06-17-2012
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithBlades.com View Post
Except for the Sting and Glamdring MC Swords, all other ltd ed's that I know of had certificates with written in serial numbers (in regular pen). So what I am saying is, if you had an Isildur Helm but lost the certificate, I have that certificate (the certificate came directly from UC) and the spot for the serial number is blank. All you would need to do is write in your serial number!
How much do you ask for a certificate ?

My Collection: Glamdring Museum Collection 705/1000*Shards of Narsil LE*1795/5000*Anduril LE *3978/5000*Sting MC LE *2436/3000*Gondorian Helmset LE *790/1000*Helm of king elendil LE *2074/5000*Helm of Sauron LE *2795/3000*Helm of Sauron LE scale 1/4 *3275/5000*Gauntlet of Sauron LE *271/3000*Sword of Samwise Museum Collection 227/600*Sword of Samwise Regular number 239*The one ring with COA* Barad-Dur from Danbury Mint number *5853*/Anduril regular/Ringwraith sword/Glamdring sword with blue scabbard/Boromir sword/Sting with scabbard/Elven knife of strider/High elven warrior sword/Strider ranger sword/Eowyn sword/Herugrim sword of king theoden/Sword of Isildur/Sword of Samwise Regular/Shards of narsil statue/Ringwraith bust/Nazgul steed bust/Saruman light-up mini bust.

Old 06-17-2012
Forum Sponsor

$100,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 mu-hahaha!

$15. I don't remember how much I paid for them ( i have a couple) but I know it was about $10 each. I asked for them long after the bankruptcy and after the helm was sold out.

Old 06-18-2012
Lord

i am not suer i now exactly what you mean.rosere111 .

is it a copy of the certificate whit no number on ore is it a real original certificate?

i have an original certificate for the mc glamdring sword, whit no number on .(nad why is there no number on my coa!)

i did not recived eny certificat whit my sword when i got it,so i got desperate.
i e-mailed mike at united cutlery about my missing coa.and a broken hatch on the display funituer.
and i think because of my bad englich spelling ,he did not seem to understand my problem.so five day later i resived a brand new coa,2 new hatch for the mc galmdring furnituer,and a new lock whit key. for free.
talk about fast and profesionel custemer service,it was time then

Old 06-18-2012
Lord

the original goa.for mc line .holds information ,that a copy of the same,do not hold.
1.how do you now your coa is not a fake.?
hold your coa.in to light .if the suface around and the letters inside the coa turns,black ore brown.ist a fake.
2 .if its a real coa.the colller on the onlay ,will turn orange gold glittering,when sun is added.
also the real coa have some onlay on.that blind peaple is able to read.