Go Back  Ultimate Collectors' Forums > Forum Marketplace - Members Only > Member Feedback
User Name
Password
Register FAQChatBox FullDonate Members List Calendar Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2009
Knight

Default Re: Rick Cottontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick cottontree View Post
is the white scabbard white?
see the picture at this url

http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/g..._sidebar_1.jpg

-----------=======[Profile Information]=======-----------

My Collection: UC glamdring 2008 w/ Uc blue glamdring scabbard-Uc glamdring 2003 w/ hand crafted blue leather scabbard-uc staff of saruman the white- uc strider w/ scabbard-gandalf the grey costume-Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode III lightsaber fx-Darth Vaders Episode V lightsaber fx-alas i no longer own my ring of bara-hir for it has been lost, where i don't that remains a mystery-Replica German Phantom Mask

Old 10-27-2009
Knight

Rick I'm going to need a belt from you and possibly a strap for a bow quiver. Well the past few years I have merrily traveled through Pennsylvania's beautiful Great Pa Renaissance Faire (one of the top 100 attractions in north America) in My gandalf costume but I think its about time for me to retire my costume for awhile. I'm moving on to Faramir finally, It would have been my costume this year but I changed my mind and decided to be Andrew Lloyd Webber's the Phantom of the opera for Halloween. This took the extra money I put aside for my Faramir costume. So yeah I'm gonna need you to make me a faramir belt at some point.

My Collection: UC glamdring 2008 w/ Uc blue glamdring scabbard-Uc glamdring 2003 w/ hand crafted blue leather scabbard-uc staff of saruman the white- uc strider w/ scabbard-gandalf the grey costume-Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode III lightsaber fx-Darth Vaders Episode V lightsaber fx-alas i no longer own my ring of bara-hir for it has been lost, where i don't that remains a mystery-Replica German Phantom Mask

Old 10-27-2009
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thranduil View Post
Glad to know your OK and also to have you back.
Missed? Are you kidding? Your the fabrication of special items! I need a quote on a price for making me a strap for my Boromir's shield. There are excellent shots in EE LOTR, I can tell you where to find them if you have any interest in doing it.
i would be interested- let me know where the shots are that you are refering to, how long each piece of the strap would need to be, and how you intend to attach the ends to the shield, so i know how to shape the outer ends of the strap. i have these 2 pics from i dont know where.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26347288@N04/4051016568/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2634728...n/photostream/
tell me what you think of this belt design and this buckle. i would have to make a new buckle and mold for this and probly fabricate a stamp for the belt myself.

My Collection: -too much to list, i need another room

Old 10-27-2009
Forum Supporter

Quote:
i would be interested- let me know where the shots are that you are refering to, how long each piece of the strap would need to be, and how you intend to attach the ends to the shield, so i know how to shape the outer ends of the strap. i have these 2 pics from i dont know where.
tell me what you think of this belt design and this buckle. i would have to make a new buckle and mold for this and probly fabricate a stamp for the belt myself.
Well, those photos give you all the details you need to see, so I'll just call out specs for now. Both sides of the "belt" that make up the strap should be 18". From Buckle to end loop and from insert point to end loop. The insert should have 6 holes for adjusting length from 34" over all to about 26" over all. The buckle can be like the one you made already instead of a duplicate look. The second layer applique has points on both ends and as the pic shows needs to start about 1" maybe more from buckle and run until its three from end loop (so about 14"-15" long) and what ever stamping tools you have that will get it close to being similar is fine.
This strap will only be seen if I take the shield off the wall so I'm not overly concerned with perfect duplication here.

My Collection: ALL OVER THE WORLD. USA, Canada, England, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, Australia.

Old 02-16-2010
Knight

Quote:
hey rick! those two photos you have there are actually pictures of the strap of what was believed to be the last boromir shield that Kit rae owned...someone on this forum owns it i believe...

My Collection: Sword of Eowyn, Glamdring, Sword and Scabbard of Strider, Lothlorien Bow of Legolas, Fighting Knives of Legolas, Narsil, Staff of Gandalf the White, Sting and scabbard, Battle axe of Gimli, Hadhafang, Xena's Battle Sword and Scabbard, Xena's Chakram, Xena's yin yang Chakram, Xena's split Chakram, Xena's Breast Dagger, Xena's Whip, Staff of Gabrielle, Sais of Gabrielle, Amazon Queen Sword of Gabrielle, Amazon Eagle Sword and Scabbard, Xena's Breastplate, Backplate, and Shoulder Gaurds, Xena's Leather Dress, Sais of ELektra, Blade's Glaive, Sword of The Daywalker

Old 02-21-2010
Knight

rick hasn't been on in quite some time

Old 12-25-2013
Middle-earth Customizer

Bump for our man Rick on his awesome Boromir straps. Can't say enough about the communication and his attention to detail.

My Collection: LOTR, Hobbit, StarWars, Marvel, Sci-fi and fantasy