PDA

View Full Version : Sadly, my One Ring...

Legion
01-24-2011, 11:15 PM
I posted this on the RPF just a bit ago, and thought that it certainly needs to be said here.

"Greetings:

I suddenly find myself in the need to sell my One Ring, which has been in my possession only since the 19th of this very month. The One Ring is a customized job from Martin's Jewelers in Brandon, Florida. I had it matched to the specs I found for the One Ring; size 11, 7mm wide and 2.33mm thick. It is in solid 14k gold (stamped).

I love the ring, honestly, but there is a strong need to raise cash. It is worth over $1,400 at 8.7grams, therefore, I would like $1,300.00, giving a bit off the price to find it a good home quick. I can supply a photo of the receipt from the jeweler, who can also confirm the specs and it's value.

Here are some pics:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d24/mileslegionis/DSC_0003c.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d24/mileslegionis/DSC_0003b-1.jpg

Included is a stainless steel replica of the chain, which I found via a link here on the RPF.

Buyer pays shipping and insurance, which is mandatory for an item of this value. Paypal is fine for payment. I will ship within the US and to Canada, but might be open to other areas if asked.

Thanks for looking, and please give this beloved treasure a good home.

Cheers,

Guy"

Basically, I've got to sell it, as much as it pains me. I can't look past the fact that this could take care of a few very important things right now. I thought maybe you guys, as the higher end owners of LotR stuff, might want a shot at it.

Rough666
01-25-2011, 02:13 AM
Sorry to hear your bad news, Legion. Best of luck with the sale of your ring.

Legion
01-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Yeah, my reluctance to sell it is overwhelming. I was also selling a telescope accessory that I hardly use, and manged to raise a couple hundred off of that. Another good friend on the Propworx forum and I were chatting and he is going to take over the bid that I was going for. That will leave me enough to take my father on the B-17 in three weeks, plus enough time for the last Caprica auction at the end of February.

However, I'm going to leave it up for sale here and on the RPF until Friday, because it's not like I can't use the money on many other projects.

Cheers,

Guy

Fingolfin
01-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Sad to hear that you have to let this one go. It's a thing of beauty!

Legion
01-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Admin, you can DELETE this ad! The One Ring stays (in Gollum's high-pitched voice) with meeeeeeeeeee!

I had some good fortune and found a bunch of stipend trainings and my school reimbursed me for over 300 bucks that I had laid out for my kids to go to Latin Forum. So, everything is, to paraphrase Sam, "peaches and cream".

Cheers!

Deimos
01-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Admin, you can DELETE this ad! The One Ring stays (in Gollum's high-pitched voice) with meeeeeeeeeee!

I had some good fortune and found a bunch of stipend trainings and my school reimbursed me for over 300 bucks that I had laid out for my kids to go to Latin Forum. So, everything is, to paraphrase Sam, "peaches and cream".

Cheers!

Hooray! Good news is always welcome, but especially so in the current economy. :):):)

Jamanticus
01-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Congratulations, Guy!

Thranduil
01-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Very happy for you Guy.
Seeing as you had your ring made it becomes that much more cherished.
Glad to hear you're able to keep it:thumbs_up

Just don't be doing a dance of delight near any volcanos;)

Deimos
01-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Very happy for you Guy.
Seeing as you had your ring made it becomes that much more cherished.
Glad to hear you're able to keep it:thumbs_up

Just don't be doing a dance of delight near any volcanos;)

Uh, Thrandy, you know you just cued FinGollum.....

I'm surprised he didn't pop in when Guy said " ....with meeeeeeeeee!!!!"

Thranduil
01-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Uh, Thrandy, you know you just cued FinGollum.....

I'm surprised he didn't pop in when Guy said " ....with meeeeeeeeee!!!!"

I think he's more FinSmeagol than FinGollum:)
Btw, have you had your surgery yet?

Deimos
01-30-2011, 03:29 PM
I think he's more FinSmeagol than FinGollum:)
Btw, have you had your surgery yet?

Thanks for asking, Thrandy. :)

Come Tuesday, 1 Feb, I will be two weeks out. 5 inch scar right down the middle of my lower back.

Recovery is going smoother than I expected. Already off the pain meds during the day. Day, aspirin. nights, vicodin.

A couple of things about any major surgery, but especially back surgery:

1) Never having smoked is a BIG PLUS. Major factor if you do smoke, during surgery, on post-op drugs, and recovery.
Paitient next bed over -- in for just a knee replacement-- contracted pneumonia post-op because of lifelong smoking

2) If your weight is good, but you're out of shape, get in shape.
Years of swimming and wightlifting helped me lots.
After back surgery you use the quads and triceps for getting in and out of chairs & bed because you can't use your back at all for several months -- at least if you've had a fusion, which I have.

3) If you're over weight AND out of shape, lose the weight (see #2 above.)
That's YOUR carcase you're having to lift multiple times daily, and fat is dead weight.

2 Pics only (non gross-out) ---titanium hardware --I'm bionic now

Segue to Mithril Shirt...

Ooops...should have posted this later part on the Mythril Shirt Forum...so I'm moving it..

Fingolfin
01-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Congratulations, Legion! That's great news. Just keep it away from me...we wantssss it!

So Deimos, you could say you're a real harda** now, huh? :P

Thranduil
01-31-2011, 06:46 PM
We are Titanium implanted Fin. People used to rob graves to steal peoples gold teeth. PRECIOUS metal in us, Gollum!

Fingolfin
01-31-2011, 09:40 PM
We are Titanium implanted Fin. People used to rob graves to steal peoples gold teeth. PRECIOUS metal in us, Gollum!

AH! Gold is the color of the yellow face! We hates it, nasty lights!