PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: KOH Tiberias Scabbard - $350

Moonglum83
01-14-2011, 11:38 AM
I am still trying to finish up my KOH collection and looking for a Tiberias scabbard. Offering a ridiculous $350 for it, or if anyone wanted to trade I would give up a Sword AND Scabbard of Ibelin. I'm desperate. :)

Moonglum83
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Still searching for this scabbard. It is one of very few pieces left for me to complete the collection. Increasing the offer to $500. Thanks.

Grima Wormtongue
03-04-2011, 01:27 AM
I'd be willing to give up my Tiberias scabbard for $500, and I will pay shipping. Includes box and COA ofcourse, although I'm pretty sure all my KOH COA are a little bent due to MRLs careless packaging. The only issue is that their is a slight area of discoloration on the leather. I will take some pics tomorrow and you can let me know.

What other KOH pieces are you looking for Moonglum?

Moonglum83
03-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks Grima! PM and email sent. Hopefully this will be the end of a long search. :)

Fingolfin
03-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Congratulations, Moonglum! That's a hefty price for a scabbard, I'm glad you've finally found one!

Moonglum83
03-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Congratulations, Moonglum! That's a hefty price for a scabbard, I'm glad you've finally found one!

Indeed it is a heafty price! These things were only $150 back in the day, but I have spent the last year putting this collection together, and just could not find this scabbard anywhere. This is the last piece I was after to complete the collection. For the record, I realize this is a premium / collector / delusional / what-am-I-thinking price. :crazy2:

I didn't create a user id on these boards until 2006, but I was lurking and reading here years before that. I remember the discussion threads back when the KOH line came out, and when Grima originally acquired his KOH pieces. I was eyeballs deep in the UC LOTR collection at the time and missed out on the initial KOH offering. If I am going to spend this much to finish the collection now, I couldn't be happier than for Grima to benefit.

Grima has emailed me pictures of the scabbard, and we have reached a deal. I have just sent him the paypal payment and he will be posting the scabbard to me next week. Long live ucforums! :)

Fingolfin
03-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Long live ucforums! :)

Amen to that!

Grima Wormtongue
03-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Moonglum has been very pleasant and patient regarding this transaction, now all I have to do is live up to my end of the bargain. And a great deal for me, even though I do hate to loose a piece of my collection. But I have been in his shoes, I was very anxious to complete my MR POTC collection and was pretty desperate to pick up the compass. Anyways, I hope he will be satisfied once he has the scabbard in hand.

I third the long livings of UCF. I think I registered here the second day I got hooked up to the internet. I was pretty crazy back then, but man did I enjoy spending every moment on here.

Valkrist
03-06-2011, 07:22 AM
I still think it sucks UC never made your dagger, Grima. I remember how badly you wanted it. :(

Thranduil
03-06-2011, 07:42 AM
I still think it sucks UC never made your dagger, Grima. I remember how badly you wanted it. :(

Yes, "who knows what he's spoken to the darkness in bitter watches of the night..."

Fingolfin
03-06-2011, 10:29 AM
That's an interesting thought. I forgot about Grima's Dagger! I would've totally bought that.

Grima Wormtongue
03-07-2011, 01:03 AM

Yeah, that and Guthwine, Id buy them up pretty quick. Oh well. Now that I sold the Scabbard though, I must ask Val, how much do you want for rent?