PDA

View Full Version : Anduril belt wanted please UK

Jamie Shakespeare
08-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Hello all, I've been scouring (the shire ) the internet for ages trying to get hold of the Anduril belt that was available for a while, and I just cannot find one. If anyone has one for sale, or knows where I can find one, I would very much appreciate it :) THANKYOU!!

Thranduil
08-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Try sending a PM to member here; rick cottontree, he dabbles in making such things.

Deimos
08-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Hello all, I've been scouring (the shire ) the internet for ages trying to get hold of the Anduril belt that was available for a while, and I just cannot find one. If anyone has one for sale, or knows where I can find one, I would very much appreciate it :) THANKYOU!!

Jamie, try some local leathersmiths. I've corresponded with several of them (ones in the UK) to learn more about leatherwork for the stuff (LOTR) that I am making.
They almost all I have websites and they are superb craftsmen, very experienced. Their work is gorgeous.

Get a picture from the LOTR Weapons and Warfare Book (if they have a pic of it) or try to make a drawing of it from the clothing or weapons section extras in the DVD EEs, and take it to them

You'll have some control over what is done, no guesswork about color etc, they can size it to you (if you want to wear it) .
These people make all kinds of weapons stuff and period leatherwork for the LARP and SCA folks.
You'll save on shipping and the price will be similar to having someone in the US make a custom item.