PDA

View Full Version : Danbury Mint.

Dark Shadow
05-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi,

I have a Barad Dur by Danbury Mint that i want to sell.
It's in mint condition,no smoking,no pets and no sunlight.
If you are interested please feel free to contact me.
Feel free to make me an offer or bid.

Greetings Johnny.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1755/mijneigencollectie002.th.jpg (http://img85.imageshack.us/i/mijneigencollectie002.jpg/)

dpegasusm
05-12-2010, 10:00 PM
How much is your asking price?

Dark Shadow
05-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Depegasusm,

I honnestley don't know what the prices are for these items.
I havend looked it yet but please feel free to make me an offer.

Bump.
$215.

Dark Shadow
05-17-2010, 06:34 PM
$215.

It has to go away,so come on you guys.:thumbs_up

dpegasusm
05-17-2010, 08:23 PM
This is one of those items whose prices fluctuate erratically and final sale price has no rhyme or reason to it. I have seen new ones sell for less than unboxed ones previously displayed, etc. I have seen sold as low as $50 and as high as $560 on it. Right now there are a number of completed items to reference on ebay:

Item is in good Condition No box
Sold For: US $179.99
Shipping: $45.25

New and in Box
Sold For: US $500.00
Shipping: $23.00

Previously Displayed and in box
DID NOT SELL AT: US $149.99
Shipping: $10.34

Previously Displayed and in box
Sold For: US $149.99
Shipping: $10.34

BRAND NEW IN BOX WITH Minas Tirith INCLUDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sold For: US $100.00
Shipping: $20.00

as you can see pricing is Everywhere!!!!!

Valkrist
05-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Out of curiosity (never shopped on eBay and something in me stops me from doing so,) but have you ever seen the Minas Morgul miniature that you had to have a code and send for when the ROTK dvd box set came out years ago? I missed it because I took too long to send the code and have been kicking myself ever since. I wonder what it's worth.

Jamanticus
05-17-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm sure dpegasusm knows more about the actual going prices for them, but yes- there have indeed been Minas Morgul environments floating around eBay from time to time.

EDIT: And the ones I've seen have been going for a pretty penny, too. Can't recall exactly how much...

Valkrist
05-17-2010, 10:44 PM
You know, I don't mind people charging for something that is a rare item, but charging exhorbitant prices for something that was free to begin with just goes against my principles. Maybe I'll come across one that is selling for a reasonable amount some day.

Jamanticus
05-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Just looked at two completed auctions for Minas Morgul on eBay, and one sold for the equivalent of $310 (250 Euros) for it and the box set with Minas Tirith, and another got bids up to $203, although the auction reserve wasn't met.

I'm there with you in hoping to snag one someday. It'd look so cool next to Minas Tirith...

dpegasusm
05-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Out of curiosity (never shopped on eBay and something in me stops me from doing so,) but have you ever seen the Minas Morgul miniature that you had to have a code and send for when the ROTK dvd box set came out years ago? I missed it because I took too long to send the code and have been kicking myself ever since. I wonder what it's worth.

hmm not a product that i have been looking for on eBay so i don't really know... i only know the danbury mint collection because i have been thinking about getting it but am not sure. i will keep an eye out for the Minas Morgul and look at the ebay archives and get back to you on pricing.

the ones that Jamanticus are talking about are the sideshow weta manufactured ones. Are those the ones that you are talking about that you could get wiht the DVD?

Valkrist
05-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Yep.

Danbury never made Minas Morgul, so the only one in existence is the Sideshow Weta version that you had to send away for after getting the code with the dvd set.

dpegasusm
05-18-2010, 02:42 AM
thats the reason why i don't follow it then and have no data on it. i have already given UC a small fortune. The weta products are nice but i can't afford to give them a small fortune as well. anyways it is on my watch lists now i will let you know as stuff comes up.

Valkrist
05-18-2010, 11:57 AM
lol... I know all about the 'small fortunes' we spend on this stuff. Anyway, thanks for looking out for it. I want it mostly because it would compliment the Minas Tirith that came with the dvd set. I feel the set is incomplete without Minas Morgul as they are bookends. At any rate, I doubt I would be adventurous enough to buy it from eBay.

My apologies to Dark Shadow for hijacking his thread. Now back to Danbury Mint. :embarasse

TolkienReader
05-22-2010, 12:52 PM
one more word on minas morgul. you purchased it while supplies lasted through the offer contained in return of the king dvd collection. price was 79.?? or 99.??

Valkrist
05-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Ohhhh... so it was still a purchase then, even with the code? I thought it was a free gift while supplies lasted. Makes more sense then that people are charging for it if they paid originally.

Dark Shadow
05-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi everyone,

Would you like to trade something for my barad dur by danbury mint.
If anyone has a sword of the witchking or the sword of narsil or the sting FX or the witchking dagger or the uruk-hai scimitar or the one ring replica or a nice statue of LOTR please feel free to let me know it.

Thanks a lot.

Dark Shadow.

Valkrist
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm curious: why are you so eager to get rid of it? Do you have two of them? I have one and I think it's an awesome statue and would not get rid of it. I can understand selling or trading for a sword, but you're even willing to trade for another statue, and that part I don't understand. :huh:

Dark Shadow
05-24-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm curious: why are you so eager to get rid of it? Do you have two of them? I have one and I think it's an awesome statue and would not get rid of it. I can understand selling or trading for a sword, but you're even willing to trade for another statue, and that part I don't understand. :huh:

It's not that i have two pieces of that,i've just got one barad dur.
The reason i wil get rid of it is very easy,i don't like it anymore and it's time for a chance in my collection.
Most of all i love swords and helms and shields but most of all the helms and the two shields are worth more money and the price would be to high for a trade with barad dur and there are some statue's they are not to expensive and compare with a fear trade on both sides.
I'll hope you understand now.
BTW I'm still looking for the Glamdring MC. Thanks.

Valkrist
05-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Yep, I do understand now, and thanks for clarifying. :)

dpegasusm
05-24-2010, 05:42 PM
I think he wants a MC Glamdring.... ;)

Dark Shadow
05-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Bullseye dpegasusm,you know what i'm looking for.
You have allready buy one from celeste and i am glad for you my friend but it's time that i'l find someone for myself don't you think.
It's in my brains and in my head,i can't sleep or eat,i'm thinking all the time on that one mighty great piece of collection sword.
I allready have the spare room for hanging it on my wall you know.
I know it's only just a matter of time but time and my patience running out of time.
I really do want to buy it from the seller in spain but he didn't answer me yet.
If and i'll say this again if i got lucky to buy that from him than i have te buy 6 other swords to completed my whole collection of lotr uc and mc.

dpegasusm you've bin a great help to me and i'll seriously hope that we can find some one together.

I am in a negotiation voor the war helm for you.

Now i'm going to sleep because it's working day,making money to buy stuff for my lovely collection.

Sweet dreams to all of you and i'll be back tomorrow.

Dark Shadow
07-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Helm of Sauron is sold today and with that money i bought the Morgul Lord PF.:thumbs_up

Dark Shadow
07-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Enyone who wants to buy Barad-Dur ??????????????

Dark Shadow
07-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Last change to buy this wonderful piece before it goes on ebay.:)