PDA

View Full Version : Highlander Swords

Shinsei
08-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I guess it's okay to put links here? If not, then please delete.

Here is the like for Zeist Armories.

www.zeistarmories.com (http://www.zeistarmories.com)

We strive to offer the best functional and accurate Highlander swords in out there. We have many different variations of Connor's sword as well as the never before offered functional sword of Kane from Highlander 3.

All of our swords are built around a core of Kevlar/Carbon fiber just like the one's from Point Gallery, but ours are more affordable. We work with artists like Jose De Braga (who designed the swords for Highlander 3) to offer even more unique and functional swords designs in the future.

Please give the sight a look over.

Thank you honorable members.

Benjamin 'Shinsei' DeLeon

Jash
08-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Thank you for the site! I remember reading a few threads on these swords over at SFI... And the prices seem quite reasonable...i might be giving you guys an email whenever i save up a little more (and don't spend it on impulse sword sales...lol).

Two quick questions Shinsei:
1) What will the difference be between the "Mentor H1" and the upcoming "H1 Masamune"?
2) What steels and how many layers are being used on the new Sanmai option?

Sedhal
08-04-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm most likely going to have to buy one of these in the future. Are they limited at all within the foreseeable future? Gonna need some bux but jeez...been waiting for one that gets it right at a betta price. I was looking at the point gallery Genei for the longest time but never jumped on it. I'd feel safer going with one of these options. I gotta say, it's about time someone realizes the Highlander I katana never had a fuchi (or ridiculous looking detailing on the habaki). They just look out of place and inaccurate. (I never understood why ADDING stuff is a way to cut corners when trying to copy a blade that never required it....)

But anyway... they look great. I have a few questions (and I'm still looking over the site so forgive me if it's answered there)

Is it possible to mix/match in any way? IE: Highlander I tsuba with an H3 hilt? And is the H3 hilt pretty well polished like the prop? And I'm assuming the H1 hilt is pretty flat-white, as it should be (looks that way in the pics anyway :thumbs_up)

And also, are saya included with the blades?

Thanks! And welcome to the forums.

BladeCollector
08-04-2009, 12:39 AM
My brother has 2 of the highlander katanas from about 11 or so years ago... not the 90 dollar knockoffs, but the ones that cost about 300+ dollars each.

I never really was big into the Highlander movies, just watched them casually, but my favorite sword was the Clan Macleod Claymore
http://www.legendaryheroes.com/photos/H6004-2.jpg

Shinsei
08-04-2009, 06:22 AM
We will work with you if you'd like to mix and match parts (within reason of course).

The swords do come with saya.

Our San Mai blades are 3 layers.

The Mentor is a fan designed tsuka that is the closest you are going to get to the original movie sword. The upcoming H1 Masamune is an idealized version of the original movie sword that was made by Jose De Braga. So it will be much nicer than the movie sword.

And for the record, our sword Artisan has spoken with Sal D' Aguila from Point Gallery to compare notes. He said our assembly process is 'strikingly similar' to his. And shortly after that conversation the Genei was removed from Sal's site. Coincidence?

Sedhal
08-04-2009, 12:19 PM
:huh: Well that site is kinda hard to navigate but the page still exists apparently http://www.pointgallery.com/sword/pages/genei.htm

I do see what you mean though. It's not accessible from anywhere else on the site (unless you have that link bookmarked). I wonder if he's even still doing these?

Thanks for answering the questions! They look sweet (as if I didn't have enough swords to buy already :P )

Shinsei
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I hope he doesn't stop selling the Genei. His is a unique variation of the Connor sword that we don't have (even though the Mentor is closer to the actual movie sword) and it'd be a shame to rob the public of a chance to own it. Shameless plug I know.....

We are not out to take anyone's business, only to fill our own little niche in the sword world.

ed209
08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
my favorite sword was the Clan Macleod Claymore
http://www.legendaryheroes.com/photos/H6004-2.jpg

Oh YES, fantastic blade this is. :thumbs_up

Not my favorite from the whole series, but definitely the best from H1, right
after the Masamune, Kurgan's Sword and Salamanca rapier.

Sedhal
08-05-2009, 05:00 PM
What aboot Kastagir's sword?

ed209
08-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Darn it, I forgot that one. :embarasse

Sure! I admit I like scimitars more than claymores. :thumbs_up

Hitogiri
08-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey guys,

I am Brian, also a member of Zeist Armories. I wanted to thank you all for the positive feedback on our swords and if you have any questions please feel free to ask myself or Shinsei. We strive to make the best swords we can.If you have any other Highlander based requests let us know, we can see what we can whip up lol.

Someone recently got good shots of the hero version of the Highlander 1 sword. Now, its not pretty but it is the well spring from whence all others came. Our Zeist Mentor is a pretty good approximation to the actual sword. The head of it was actually based off pictures of the hero hilt.

Good day to all!

Sedhal
08-05-2009, 09:31 PM
I saw those over on SFI. Kills me to not have been a part of that convention, now knowing that was there. Welcome to the forums, Brian. Nice blades! :thumbs_up

Shinsei
08-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Katagir's sword was just a replica of a historical sword. Nothing fancy really. Not like the other swords in the Highlander movie. So finding one shouldn't be that hard.

Hitogiri
08-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Thanks Sedhal! We try our best!

Jash
08-17-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm really liking the "Dark Magic Katana"...:)

Sorry if i wasn't clear Shinsei, but i saw that T10 steel is being used for most of the katanas - i was just wondering what steels are being used in the San Mai 3 construction?

Shinsei
08-17-2009, 06:41 AM
The blade of the sword has been constructed from T10 High Carbon steel in a Maru Lamination.

Is this what you meant?

Shinsei
08-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Zeist Armories has just added new swords to our line up as well as great deals on Hanwei blades. Check it out! www.zeistarmories.com

Maynar
05-01-2010, 11:34 AM
There's a chap who goes by the handle "Irishamericanlad" who does a mean Highlander katana, and is apparently licensed by DeBraga. Will mount a blade you supply, even. Excellent prices/terms. I have exchanged a few PM's with him, and he seems like the real deal. All I need do now is pony up.....

Check it out here: http://swordsofmightforum.com/showthread.php?t=288&page=2

am.dk
05-01-2010, 02:10 PM
i am a little confused here,maynar.:huh:

personely im not mush in to japanise and asian swords,but the highlanders is somthing else.
and i belive that im not the only one who things that.:thumbs_up

now ,why im asking to your werd post,is you link to another forum ,whis lead to a 3 year old tread,that seems to bee a death end here .why??:huh:

and you edit your post whit"i kan spel gud"translated it will be =(i can spel GOD).
why edit ?
maynar can you be more spesifick,whit the post you come around whit.:)

Shinsei
05-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Edited cause it's not even worth it anymore....

Maynar
05-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the insight, Shinsei. I will reconsider sending him money.

am.dk: the thread may have originated 3 years ago, but I linked to page 2, where Mr. Kyle made his first post only a month ago. Sorry for any confusion. He also posted in another thread in that section, but in light of Shinsei's information I will refrain from suggesting anyone check it out. Live and learn... *sigh*

Also, "I kan spel gud" ( I can spell good) is my way of being facetious, saying I edited the post for spelling corrections. ;) Again, sorry if anyone didn't "get" it. :)

Deimos
05-01-2010, 06:33 PM
After reading some of your posts I have to commend you for your graciousness and diplomacy in your responses.

More than occasionally there has been namecalling and inuendo because someone mistook another’s post or simply disagreed with him and resorted to not so veiled nastiness.

Your measured approach is most welcome. :cheers:

Shinsei
05-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Edited cause it's not even worth it anymore....

Maynar
05-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the reply, Shinsei. Since Mr. Kyle wants about as much as Zeist Armories charges, and for what seems an inferior product, I think my money would be better spent at Zeist. Honour does mean something to me, and it seems Mr. Kyle has less than I initially thought. I wish him well, but... my money will go elsewhere. I do appreciate your enlightening me in this regard.

*nods to Deimos* Thank you for the kind words, sir. :)

Shinsei
05-01-2010, 07:42 PM
We welcome your business.

Let me know if you need anything or have any questions.

am.dk
05-03-2010, 11:59 AM
deimos ,this ´have nothing to do about,(non desagiments and name calling)

its about respect fore the members in forum.:thumbs_up
if i did not try to enterfer.our new collecter freind maynar ,may got ripped of by mr.kyle.:huh:

Deimos
05-03-2010, 12:31 PM
am.dk, sorry you misunderstood me. :(
In no way was myy comment wasn't aimed at you.
It was a general observation of Maynar's civility. :)

Shinsei
05-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Thank you all for letting me vent. I am editing my posts for personal reasons. Thank you for your understanding.

Valkrist
05-03-2010, 02:48 PM
In the business world of today, people with integrity seem few and far in between. Stick to your guns and your principles, Shinsei. The world is a better place that way.

Shinsei
05-03-2010, 03:17 PM
We will.

And thank you for letting me vent.

Hitogiri
05-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi All

As a member of Zeist as well I want to reaffirm our commitment to quality that Shinsei mentioned. Mike and I are always striving to improve our products. Currently we are working on a 5th generation technology for our hilt construction. We are always evolving our casting and core technology to build the best sword we can. With Mike returning from Michael Bell's school, he brings with him a wealth of knowledge to work through and perfect in the coming years. I personally hope to attend Mr. Bell's school next year to bring a new level to Zeist. We don't look to the end product but an ever changing and improving one.

irishamericanlad
07-23-2010, 10:57 AM
deimos ,this ´have nothing to do about,(non desagiments and name calling)

its about respect fore the members in forum.:thumbs_up
if i did not try to enterfer.our new collecter freind maynar ,may got ripped of by mr.kyle.:huh:

hello i am the guys whos name is being dragged around like a rag doll, and you all take it for gold. first allow me to say that maynar did NO business with me, he asked about lower cost of items and i have a few imperfect blades that i sent him pics of and never heard back, so i ripped no one off, second I do have permission from Jose De Braga to reproduce his unreleased H1 and the H3, the other one these guys are paying to have made is theres. i dont make just swords, i make props and costumes, these guys try and smear me over these forums for whatever reasons.. i dont sling mud caus ei really could, my work is clean and solid, i put upa video of my handles without a blade with a chain around it and me (260lbs) swinging from it, then 2 days later someone from dickinson texas dubbed it and reposted it as the retard who doesnt know swords... so first and foremost you guys need to head over to the HLLB or RPF and see who actually is trustworthy, or plug irishamericanlad in any forum and see whats said. i go far beyond the extra mile to make things work. also about my "quality" each of my swords is tested by a traditional sword master here in San Antonio, with his info and contact stuff on my website, so i ALWAYS bring what i have to the table and leave the mud on teh ground where it belongs...
Daryl Kyle
www.texasspr.com (http://www.texasspr.com)

and just for your reading pleasure, my only contact with maynar...

Well if the fuchi isn't necessary... Sweet.

Looking fwd to pics. Talk to ya soon, D.

Shinsei
07-23-2010, 11:35 AM
No one is smearing your name Irish. All I stated was your false claim that you have permission to produce ALL of Jose's movie swords when you do not. You have permission to produce the H1 and the H3 that Albion had, no one is disputing this, but you do NOT have permission to produce the H2 that hasn't been released yet nor do you have permission to produce the Dark Magic.

So how is that smearing? You need to stop and think about what you are saying before you say it. Have permission to produce 'some' swords is not the same as having permission to produce 'all' swords.

I don't care if people buy from you. I hope they do. Your Captain America shield is top notch. All I said was what I have heard from other people. Especially when you tried to name your Third Tatsu after our sword, people were confused so they contacted us about it. But that was a long time ago and things have changed since then. I am aware of this as well.

I know you have updated your processes and are working with other people. This is great, I'm happy for you. I wish you nothing but the best. But people deserve to know what's what.

BTW, classy move posting people's private email here. I'm sure that violates some kind of privacy policy, but whatever...

irishamericanlad
07-23-2010, 12:00 PM
'just what I’ve heard' is a crappy excuse,
and yes i did post that i made all the Debraga swords, and after talking MR de Braga i fixed that,
Also when someone says i ripped them off, or gives that impression, that’s a bad move and much like smearing my name without my ability to defend myself,
me posting the emails between us is for the simple cause of confronting my accuser and having people read what was ACTUALLY said, if they want to contact him or myself have at it...
Im not here on this site to get into it, but I will defend myself and my work when its called to the carpet… simple and fair. Don’t make weird claims of hearsay and not expect me to come and back up my work…

Shinsei
07-23-2010, 12:40 PM
You can do what you will. Like I said, it's not even worth it anymore.
This thread was all but dead, and you revived it for what? To come with all this hate and venom again?

Seriously, you need to let it go. This vendetta you have against us, we're over it. We've moved on to bigger and better things to do with our time. We haven't been on any other boards saying anything about you for a long time now. We haven't been on any other boards talking about OUR swords for a long time now. We're too busy filling orders and talking to customers on our website, on Facebook, on Twitter...

I think that if you just learn to let things go then you would be a lot happier.

So I did what I told you. I edited my posts so you can calm down. No need for any more dramatics. Do your thing and we'll continue to do our thing.

Valkrist
07-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Maynar, I'll make the necessary edits.

To all other parties, it's time to cool it and do this privately. We've been tolerant this far, and this will be the only warning.

Thread locking is non-functional at the moment but I will delete any further posts made with the intention of perpetuating this situation.

Edit: thread is now locked.