PDA

View Full Version : Rohan Blades

rexone13
04-05-2004, 02:12 PM
HI! U kno, at first i wasnt even considering buying ANY of the rohan blades. I mean i always thought eowyns was kool, but i wasnt going to buy any! But lately i watched the weta workshop documentary on the TTT dvd and i love ALL these swords! I seriously want them now! My fav is still eowyns because i love her crossguard with the two horse heads facing each other. I like theodens also because its pretty big, and you can tell its made for a king. Eomers is also very unique and elegant, and its very kool how it fits into the scabbard, but pretty much all three swords fit into their scabbards in a really kool way. Another plus with these swords is all the scabbards look wonderful, and are so simple yet so amazingly kool looking for all three blades. And i love how the 3 blades have the same color scheme (red leather and gold) so you can tell they all have family-ties. My fav hilt is prob eomers, because the one gold and silver ring is so elegant, and im hoping that UC can pull that off! I like theodens sword plaque, but in my opinion it could be better, but its still great. What does everyone think eomer and eowyns plaques will look like? Im guessing they will all be rounded like theodens to keep up with the family ties thing. If anyone has some awesome pics on any of the three blades or any OFFICAL news (im seriously tired of the "my dealer this, my dealer that" crap) than please post it! Ok hope you enjoy this thread, and thanks for your input on the topic!

Rexone

Swordsman
04-05-2004, 03:48 PM
I do not have any new news coincerning the blades from Rohan except that Herigrim is due to be out in May. I do have this one picture submitted to us by Kit rae showing Hirigrim and the three blades schedualed to be made along with King Theodens Helm.

King Elessar
04-05-2004, 04:11 PM
I think Kit said in the forum, that they are going to start with Eowyn's next.

rexone13
04-05-2004, 04:23 PM
So they're going to do eowyns then eomers? Huh, thats strange cuz it seems like in the movies the males always play more important roles, and their swords are our sooner! well thats kool cuz hers is my fav ne wayz!

rexone

King Elessar
04-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Eowyn plays a more important role than Eomer.After all,she slayed the witchking.That's one of the reasons why I think her sword will be very popular.

rexone13
04-05-2004, 04:37 PM
oh yeh u got a point. i also think they are doing his last is cuz the cross guard looks like it is going to be very difficult to do. but im sure it will look great wen its finished

rexone

rexone13
04-05-2004, 04:39 PM
also, looking at that pic, it looks like eowyns is the longest blade. is that true? that would be kool cuz you could display them herugrim in the middle and eowyns on the left being the longest and eomers on the right since its the shortest. awesome. it will be kool to have a complete collection with these blades, becasue a complete collection dosent really exist. by complete i mean like all gondor blades, all fellowship blades that sort of thing

rexone

King Elessar
04-05-2004, 04:50 PM
This collection is still missing the standard Rohan sword though.But,I don't think we will see the standards for a long time.United is concentrating on the main characters.The only standard we will be seeing anytime soon is Elven Warrior Sword, and that's because they did that cool attack at the beggining of the movie, otherwise I dont think we would have seen it this early.

rexone13
04-05-2004, 04:58 PM
yes thats true. there is alot fo demand for another standard army sword that is cheaper like the scimitar. i mean seriously if they ever do make the gondorian or rohan simple sword (still great but simple) they should be priced about as much as the scimitar because that too is just a simpled sword. i love how the pommel of the gondor sword is the 7 levels of minas tirith, and the pommel of the rohan sword is horses. the symbols of both cultures. but youre right we wont see these any time soon. and the elven warrior sword is even taking a while. does any one have any idea how this humongous sword will be displayed? probably like the scimitar, or like hadafang but who knows. and i think not helping it, is united didnt expect this whole sword project to take off the way it has! i mean this was a VERY smart business decision!

rexone

LadyLaurelin
04-05-2004, 11:57 PM
here's another image of eowyn's sword:

http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/11150.jpg

at first i didn't like the pommel and the grip but after seeing it CU i really do like it :D

rexone13
04-06-2004, 08:19 AM
yeh same here. i didnt like any at first but theyre all awesome to me now. i think UC will have some trouble doing that extreamly deep fuller. i mean that thing is humongous. hopefully they can pull it off which they always do so im not worried. But why isnt there a name for her sword. i read in W&W it says like all the rohan swords are family eirlooms passed down and stuff, so maybe eowyns got hers from her mother wen she died. So why no name? Something with like meareas in it cuz its the best of the horses, and some word that means like courageous, or battle hungry. i dunno jus an idea! cant wait to see this one wen it comes out!!!!

rexone

Dunedain Ranger
04-06-2004, 12:33 PM
If your lookin for movie info W&W is great. But dont trust the history if you want info from the book.

LadyLaurelin
04-06-2004, 01:35 PM
I dont recall her sword ever having a name in the book either....oh well.

LadyLaurelin
04-13-2004, 09:28 PM
I was just at the BBB site, and it looks like eowyn's sword is $202.50....and so is eomer's sword.....and so is the elven warrior sword...and boromir's sword.....is this just a coinscidence, or is that just a typical pre-sale price to list?

Gūd Daedheloth
04-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Since basically all the "normal" swords have the same MSRP, it makes sense that BBB would assume the prices for these, and make their normal markdown.

LadyLaurelin
04-16-2004, 02:34 AM
Since basically all the "normal" swords have the same MSRP, it makes sense that BBB would assume the prices for these, and make their normal markdown.hmm... i always like a markdown! :D

Boromir Of Gondor
04-16-2004, 03:07 AM
Cant wait for Herugrim to be released. Also Boromir's sword is the one i have been waiting most for, and i already have a little amount of money set aside in a jar, called the "Boromir Fund", where i put money in and dont take it out. I have alot of things to pay for, so its killing me!

Durthang
04-16-2004, 03:31 AM
Cant wait for Herugrim to be released.
Yep! Have pre-ordered mine!!:D

Boromir Of Gondor
04-16-2004, 09:01 AM
so have i Durthang, and i cannot wait to get my hands on it;)

Durthang
04-16-2004, 09:17 AM
I am more eager for Herugrim to arrive than the Legolas Knives (heresy!) ;)

Boromir Of Gondor
04-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Are you also getting the fighting knives of Legolas?
Anyway, about the rohan blades, i can honostly say that the only one that tickles my fancy is Herugrim. My least favourite would have to be Guthwine, because it doesnt really appeal to me that much.

LadyLaurelin
04-17-2004, 12:19 PM
I can agree with the guthwine thing, but it's made in a similar style to eomer's helmet, which I like. odd eh?

Also i love guthwine but I'm going to wait for eowyn's sword instead. Herugrim may look nicer in some people's opinions, but i still really like eowyn's sword and I'm a huge eowyn fan so that's the sword for me! :D

Durthang
04-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Are you also getting the fighting knives of Legolas?
Anyway, about the rohan blades, i can honostly say that the only one that tickles my fancy is Herugrim. My least favourite would have to be Guthwine, because it doesnt really appeal to me that much.
Yes, I pre-ordered the Legolas Knives some time ago. I quitel like the idea of having all 3 rohan blades, with the big green and white 'horse' banner, and maybe a helm (I would prefer Eomer's to Theoden's), as a Rohan display.

JustinTD
04-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Do a banner, then do a "chicken foot" design with the swords over the banner... like this:

|
\ | /
\ | /
\ | /
\ | /
\|/

LadyLaurelin
04-17-2004, 04:34 PM
I think justin's idea would look pretty cool.which banner are you planning on buying/getting? I'm trying to make the stencil for theoden's sunburst motif. If you want to use it when it's done just tell me.

Durthang
04-17-2004, 06:46 PM
I think justin's idea would look pretty cool.which banner are you planning on buying/getting? I'm trying to make the stencil for theoden's sunburst motif. If you want to use it when it's done just tell me.
Definitely the Aragorn Coronation banner, and also the Rohan flag with the white horse on. It's one of the few LOTR things I can actually buy cheaper in this country than importing from the States:D Which one is the sunburst motif?

Greenleaf
04-17-2004, 08:20 PM
My biggest fear about the Rohan Blades is you buy one, you pretty much gotta buy the rest, and well I dont have the money at this age to do that easily. Nothing bad, just complicates things.

Boromir Of Gondor
04-18-2004, 12:03 AM
Theodens sunburst motif is the one on his shield isnt it? i als like the green banner with the leaping white horse on it. My favourite banner would be the White flag, with the gold white tree of Gondor on it, as seen in the two towers EE, where Boromir has it. i Still cant wait for Herugrim, but im going to stop there. i am not planning on buying any of the other rohan blades, but tie will tell;)

Gūd Daedheloth
04-18-2004, 10:52 PM
I've got the Rohan flag with the white horse and the sun, the same one that fluttered to Aragorn's feet in TTT and was behind Théoden's temporary throne at Dunharrow in RotK. It's great, and I think any or all of the Rohan swords would look superb with it.

Boromir Of Gondor
04-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Yeh, that is my favourite flag of Rohan. that is their main flag, green background with white horse, and it looks the best. The one that you reffered to, that ripped off the pole and swept past Eowyn to Aragorn.

Gūd Daedheloth
04-19-2004, 10:28 PM
In the movie, TTT at least, the background is a dark green, but the reproduction has a black background with green border.

King Elessar
04-19-2004, 10:52 PM
My biggest fear about the Rohan Blades is you buy one, you pretty much gotta buy the rest, and well I dont have the money at this age to do that easily. Nothing bad, just complicates things.
It is going to be an impulse, but it can be resisteAnyways, once you get any sword in the whole collection you will be inclined to buy the others.

No matter what your choice though,each of this swords look great wether displayed by themselves or with the rest of their bretheren.

Boromir Of Gondor
04-20-2004, 02:14 AM
In the movie, TTT at least, the background is a dark green, but the reproduction has a black background with green border.

Really? Is that the one that you own? do you have any pictures, as I would like to see it.

Gūd Daedheloth
04-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Really? Is that the one that you own? do you have any pictures, as I would like to see it.
I don't have any pics of mine specifically, but here's the one off the site I got it from.

KingUnderTheMountain
04-20-2004, 11:02 PM
yea eowyns sword is the only one that hasnt been confirmed that i would really love to get. by the way great pic what web site did it come from?

Boromir Of Gondor
04-21-2004, 12:37 AM
I don't have any pics of mine specifically, but here's the one off the site I got it from.

WOW Gud, that is a very nice pic. so you really own that? I think that would go very well with the swords of the Rohirrim.

Durthang
04-21-2004, 07:34 AM
WOW Gud, that is a very nice pic. so you really own that? I think that would go very well with the swords of the Rohirrim.
It's definitely going above my 'Rohan collection'

GALADRIAL
09-03-2004, 09:45 PM
I Too Prefer Eomer's To Theodon's Helm

Gilgalad-2490
09-04-2004, 05:27 PM
I dont think i'm going to start with the rohan colleection until i finish i elven collection "elven warrior sword,shield,helm etc."

AWF1209
05-12-2005, 09:30 AM
I've been digging around the forums for the right thread to put this in, but this will do. Anyway, I was just browsing BBB and they said that Eowyn's Sword is in stock and shipping! Has anyone recieved theres yet? (it was kinda' weird also, becuase they said that Boromir's Sword is still on pre-order)

Anduril 101
05-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Don't worry, the second someone gets it, there will be a thread about it!

Foe Hammer
05-13-2005, 01:06 AM
I've been digging around the forums for the right thread to put this in, but this will do. Anyway, I was just browsing BBB and they said that Eowyn's Sword is in stock and shipping! Has anyone recieved theres yet? (it was kinda' weird also, becuase they said that Boromir's Sword is still on pre-order)

Don't worry, the second someone gets it, there will be a thread about it!

Well, Anduril 101, your prediction came true. Someone has posted pics of Eowyn's Sword. You can find the thread here (http://www.ucforums.com/showthread.php?t=2693&page=1&pp=10).