PDA

View Full Version : Frostmourne Hungers!

Thorin
03-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I've been dying to get my hands on this for a very long time. Any Warcraft player will know what I am talking about, but for those who do not, Frostmourne is the name of a sword which causes the Prince to turn from the light into the darkness. It has a mind and a will of its own. Of course the blade itself looks evil as well... see for yourself!

They say it is a limited edition but they don't tell you how many. I imagine it will be a very large production run due to popularity. I'm tempted. So very tempted. :)

http://www.epicweapons.com/products/frostmourne/

Jash
03-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow...just wow...
I never really got into Warcraft, but that does like one unique sword!
just..did i read that right....the sword alone weighs 16lbs!?!

Urambo Tauro
03-19-2008, 09:34 PM
It looks great!
Kit was involved in this one, right? I like the way it was translated from the screen. (Too much accuracy can be a bad thing sometimes, you know?) Very nice!

I'd never heard of an "authenticity microchip" in a sword. That's interesting, but with all the details on this piece, making a knock-off would be a lot of work. If someone else can make a competent Frostmourne, I think they deserve a pat on the back! (then a swat on the nose with the paper afterward. ;))

Sixteen punds? Goodgollymissmolly.

It's kind of fun to read the FAQ page and see the questions they anticipate.
What happens if the sword gets wet?
We do not recommend using water to clean or polish any part of the sword, nor do we recommend submerging any part of this sword at any time. This may cause damage to the RFID chip, rust or corrode this collectible item.
I'm sure freezing it inside a chuck of ice has come across the minds of more than a few. lol

Thorin
03-19-2008, 11:31 PM
AHahahaha. I wouldn't put it past some of those hardcore WoW fans. Especially with the next expansion pack about the Lich King soon to be hitting stores. I've been spending a lot of money on things lately so i'm finding it difficult to justify buying this. If anyone wants to convince me and push me to buy it... please do so!

Ted Sweeny
03-20-2008, 01:50 AM
That's gotta be the least effective pommel there is. :laugh: I'm usually not a fan of crap like this, but at least this looks badass. Pretty rockin' blade, it's a shame it's attached to that mess of a hilt! Although, I gotta say, I do like the sculpts. And what's with that grip?! Ouch. The least user friendly sword there is, no doubt. Makes me want one just to say I have it.

... I think the only thing that would beat it is a working replica of Blade's hand-mangling sword.

Thorin
03-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Haha. The sword is modeled almost perfectly from how it was designed for the game and you can pretty much imagine that the designers weren't thinking of how the person would hold it or the weight involved with such a massive hilt. But then again... look at the guy who gets to wield it... he is pretty beefy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4rjTYHD330&feature=related

Jash
03-22-2008, 01:47 AM
LoL
Well Thorin, with a 16lb beast like that...you'll end up just as beefy in a couple of years! Wouldn't need to hit the gym...

Oh, and btw, *PUSH *PUSH
:)

BladeCollector
04-17-2008, 12:03 AM
i wonder if this was the one kit talked about him working with epic weapons to design this one... it was about 1 1/2 years back, i wonder if he had anything to do with the final product design

Thorin
04-17-2008, 12:09 AM
No idea there. I'm still drooling heavily over this sword. I've had my eyes on it and had hoped that one day they would make it. The problem for me is that it has come at one of the worst possible times. Money is tight and I have to start saving for whatever may come after University. Scary thought that is.

I'll gladly take donations though ;)

ThrakenSal
04-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I think I may have found what that extra Tax rebate is going for...... :D