PDA

View Full Version : Ritter Steel

Grey Pilgrim
04-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Hello! Hope I'm still welcome here...I haven't posted in a while...:( only joking of course.

Well, does anyone here own any Ritter Steel products? Do you want to? What's your feedback? I'm curious because I've been interested in one of their clyamores recently and have been wondering about the wieght, construction and so forth on their products. I have mixed feelings about getting it right now. First off I don't have any money to put into it right now lol. So I don't have to worry.

Well, glad to be back!

-Grey Pilgrim

Thorin
04-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Welcome back Grey! Glad to have you back with us. :)

I have heard of Ritter steal. Sadly, thats all I can tell you. I would recomend that before you make your mind up, that you do some rearch on the web and just see if there are any reviews of their products. That will tell you right away what other people think of their stuff.

Does Ritter Steel have a website?

Jash
04-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Hi Grey Pilgrim!
Sadly, i too only have heard about their products and have not tested them...but I hear they're decent...lol.
Here's their website for any others are interested:
http://www.rittersteel.com/

Grima Wormtongue
04-24-2006, 03:23 AM
Welcome back Grey Pilgrim!

Ive always been unimpressed by Ritter Steels products, the just don't look good in my opinion. Anyways, I have heard they are decent, around the same quality as Windlass. Some are also supposed to be a little blade heavy, as well as have notably grind marks on the blades. Anyways, I believe JustinTD sells these, so I'm sure he may have had experience with them and can give you a better review. Hope to have you visit us more often.

Grey Pilgrim
04-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I like my Rittersteel Golden Warrior katana. The handle could be wrapped tighter and the blade could be sharper, but other than that its a very nice sword in my opinion. Its balanced a few inches down the blade and can take some damage. I've cut melons, water filled milk jugs and bamboo, its also taken some light steel on steel sparring, but I haven't fully tested its potential.

I too have heard of weight problems and balance problems with some of their earlier products. I want to be very careful before I spend a lot of money on a potentially inferior product.

Thanks again for the kind welcome!

- Grey Pilgrim

Udachi
04-29-2006, 04:47 PM
hi guys, i'm new here and i just purchased a Cold Steel Chisa Katana, can you give me some advise if I made the right decision? thanks