PDA

View Full Version : Someone..anyone...please Please Please Help Me !!! :(

LinkD3
09-20-2005, 07:11 PM
PLEASE READ ALL I NEED YOUR HELP!! :( so im really disapointed right now. about 2 weeks ago Narsil finally came UPS. Apart from the slight jingle the handle made it was perfect. I know its ment to be hung on a wall.. but lets be realistic.. its a sword.. and my friends got acres and acres of forest to run around in and swing a sword around, wich is what ive been doing ( Though I never hit anything with the blade ever!!) after a week, I realised somthings not right and the pommel was of center.. so I had no choice.. i took it apart. I realized the problem was it was just a smidge loose, so I had the retarded idea of adding washer ring to fill up the space, and it worked!.. for a while.. what i didnt think about... was the slowly stripping threads in the pommel!.. if I only knew then.. what I have now is a pommel, that when you try to screw on the sword... just keeps spinning... snd spinning... snd spinning.... narsil is dead.. unless theres somthing I can do?.. the only thing that is holding it back is that the Tang is to short and its not going in deep enough into the pommel.. if i could brak the tang of.. and weld a new longer tang onto the blade ( AND KEEP IT FROM BREAKING OFF..) then that might work I guess.. although that is really drastic.. what else could I do ? someone please help!..
the reason it is such crap is probobly because I bought it wholesale for 40 bucks on http://wholesalesword.com/ .. wich just throws the things together...

if you have any ideas on what I can do... PLEASE HELP

Thorin: Please note that this site "wholesalesword.com" does not sell actual United Cutlery products, rather cheap knock offs or copies of the UC Replicas. They are manufactored to be cheap and they are nothing compared to the quality of United Cutlery. Please spread the word about knock offs and cheap imitations of the actual products. Thanks.

gnomelord0
09-20-2005, 09:13 PM
well i had the exact same prblem with my katana. Although I fixed it before i did any damage to the pomel. Im sorry but I have nothing.

mastersword36
09-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Well I have good news and bad news, well niether isn't very good.
Bad news: It probably can't be fixed
Good news: Its a knock off. Your lucky because at least it wasn't the real UC item. The fuller on that blade runs about 1/2 way down the blade and the UC version its more like 3/4 the way down.
I know your new but you might want to remove the link due to the rules and all.

Anarion
09-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Well I have good news and bad news, well niether isn't very good.
Bad news: It probably can't be fixed
Good news: Its a knock off. Your lucky because at least it wasn't the real UC item. The fuller on that blade runs about 1/2 way down the blade and the UC version its more like 3/4 the way down.
I know your new but you might want to remove the link due to the rules and all.
Fuller runs much more than 3/4ths down the blade. :reading:

Well... no big loss. Just 40 bucks. Buy a real replica next time, and it will hold up better. Still, treat it like a weak piece of crap, though it wont act like one.

Thorin
09-20-2005, 09:55 PM
We can leave this link up. Why? None of the swords on there are official United Cutlery Products. They are all knock-offs and cheap, very cheap replicas that are probably manufactured in Pakistan.

So. If you want a solution to your knock-off? The best thing to do is have a professional weld the tang onto the pommel. It can be done... it just takes a skilled person or knowledgable. Depending on that... you may just want to buy the REAL United Cutlery product.

Thats my advice. Thanks for bringing us this link... we can steer members away from this site now.

Anduril 101
09-20-2005, 09:55 PM
what I have now is a pommel, that when you try to screw on the sword... just keeps spinning... snd spinning... snd spinning.... narsil is dead.. unless theres somthing I can do?.. the only thing that is holding it back is that the Tang is to short and its not going in deep enough into the pommelFill it up with Goop, its the solution to everything! Or bubble gum... anything to make it stick :p

Anarion
09-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Fill it up with Goop, its the solution to everything! Or bubble gum... anything to make it stick :p

Anduril, they probably made this knock off with gum. It didnt hold the first time. :cool:

...Pakistan must not have very good gum.

gnomelord0
09-20-2005, 09:57 PM
We can leave this link up. Why? None of the swords on there are official United Cutlery Products. They are all knock-offs and cheap, very cheap replicas that are probably manufactured in Pakistan.

So. If you want a solution to your knock-off? The best thing to do is have a professional weld the tang onto the pommel. It can be done... it just takes a skilled person or knowledgable. Depending on that... you may just want to buy the REAL United Cutlery product.

Thats my advice. Thanks for bringing us this link... we can steer members away from this site now.Hey I run that site!.....just kidding:cool:

Thorin
09-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Thread moved to Fakes section.

LinkD3
09-20-2005, 10:00 PM
thanks for the info. Im just happy it was only 40 bucks and not 150 :)

Jarveye
09-22-2005, 08:07 AM
although i did hear in other threads that the UC products if swung around alot can break also, being wallhangers, mabey you wanna take out a mortgage fromt he bank and pre-order MC Glamdring :)

just joking, ill hopefully be buying MC Glamdring, the price is pretty fair if you can afford it. although you really should consider a non wall-hanger, you can get cheap battle-ready swords from various sites, only problem being they are probably sharpened are they? which makes them dangerous for taking out with your mates lol

but mabey you should start saving like mad and wait/hope for MC Anduril/Narsil (i personally hope its narsil rather than anduril buti doubt it will be)

SauronTD
09-23-2005, 09:36 AM
At least it was a knockoff, i would recommed buying some epoxy and glueing the pommel back onto the tang. I know UC does thae same thing with some of their LOTR swords.

Urambo Tauro
09-23-2005, 10:58 PM
If the threads on the pommel are stripped, there is an easy fix that should hold sufficiently.

First, empty the pommel of any loose shavings. Clean it out with compressed air if you can.
Get a cold-weld product like JB Weld, mix it up well and fill the pommel where the threads were.
Next, find out what the thread size is on the tang and get a matching tap from a tap/die set. If you don't have one, you can buy single taps/dies. Don't forget the handle!
After the cold-weld has cured, drill a fresh hole where the tang will threaad into. The hole must be smaller than the tang-thread or you will have to start over. Refer to the chart in a tap/die set to find what size drill bit to use.
Then, tap new threads in the hole. Make sure you use the right thread size!

An easier (but sloppy) fix can be made using the cold-weld:
First, empty the pommel of any loose shavings. Clean it out with compressed air if you can.
Get a cold-weld product like JB Weld, mix it up well and fill the pommel where the threads were.
Immediately assemble the sword and secure it together until the cold-weld cures.
(By the way, wipe off the excess cold-weld that squeezes out while it's still gooey!)

Good luck!

ebayconquistador
01-14-2006, 02:31 PM
I have a suspicion that my LE Anduril is fake. I got it off ebay about a month ago when a guy sent me a PM and said he had one LE left, and would sell it to me for the amount that I bid on a previous auction. I asked if he had all the proper certificates and the box, and he said yes. I received the item, and found later that 'handcrafted' was mispelled in the stamp at the base of the blade (it says 'handcrated in Taiwan'). There is one other slight defect (but I wouldn't think anything of it if I didn't see the mispelling). The gold paint used to go over the runes on the hilt seemed to be a little runny, and ran out (ever so slightly) of the little dot right where the blade meets the hilt. Other than that, it is a beautiful sword.

BladeCollector
01-14-2006, 04:06 PM
well, i dont really know what to tell you. since you didnt actually pay for it through the auction, then i dont know if he can be held responsible by selling merchandise that didnt fit the description.

am.dk
01-14-2006, 04:06 PM
whot does the certifcate say ? .
if you have a digicam you could post some picture so we can se the le sword.
and whot limited number do you have. i belive it could be on the sword and on the coa as weel.

ebayconquistador
01-14-2006, 04:19 PM
I did actually end up making the sale through an auction. I was simply approached by the seller (which, in hindsight, is a bit weird). So I am still able to take action if need be. The number is 4836 of 5000. I don't have a camera on me right now (it's at school) but I will post some pics when I get the chance.

BladeCollector
01-14-2006, 04:39 PM
if you made the sale through the auction, then you can contact the proper people. the seller must sale you whatever they describe, and if he said it was an official UC LE anduril, then he/she legally has to sell you that.

Grima Wormtongue
01-15-2006, 02:10 AM
Wow, I just checked my LE anduril and it says...

handcrated in Taiwan

...exactly spelt like yours ebayconquistador (and I know mine is official). Ive seen a couple misspellings from UC, on the packaging, I think on the certificates aswell. Anyways, if you already are familiar with UCs products (meaning you've bought some), you should be able to tell if its a fake. Does the Packing look the similar to others? the certificate? Is there the logo on the blade? etc.

Anyways, welcome to the forum.
:cheers:
~wormtongue

ebayconquistador
01-15-2006, 02:40 AM
I wouldn't consider myself an expert by any means, but yes, I have a couple other pieces. Like I said, everything looked just fine (more than fine, I love that sword!), but when I saw the misspelling my eyebrow shot up real fast, but I was only a suspicion (fueled almost entirely by fear).
That makes me feel a whole lot better that you have the same thing on yours.

Foe Hammer
01-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Maybe it's not a misspelling. Maybe it means that they were crated by hand in Taiwan. ;)

Jason GSux
01-28-2006, 11:23 AM
^ Or handed by crate in Taiwan.