PDA

View Full Version : Fakes

King of Numenor
08-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Look at the fakes at this site trying to sell them as the real deal-http://www.woodlandarchery.com/swords.htm

Anduril 101
08-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Well, they never say that its supposed to be UC. They look bad anyway.

BladeCollector
08-03-2005, 01:37 AM
they are clever, they add extra words like "hadhafang, sword of "elf" arwen" not just arwen

Turgon
08-03-2005, 04:08 AM
LOL the LFK's and Hadhafang are in desperate need of a diet. The black Sting scabbard is just plain hideous.

Thorin
08-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Thats hilarious.

"Blade Material: Stainless Steel Curved" Haven't heard that one before.

and then

"Hardwood Plaque design may vary" How could it vary? Do they change it everytime? LOL

Aragorn son of Arathorn
08-04-2005, 06:23 AM
Here's a pretty good fake of Glamdring and Blue scabbard:

Turgon
08-04-2005, 08:06 AM
LOL, that Glamdring and scabbard just remind me of how good UC is. It's funny how the fake artists can transform a good-looking sword into a piece of garbage.

Grey Pilgrim
08-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Thats hilarious.

"Blade Material: Stainless Steel Curved" Haven't heard that one before.

and then

"Hardwood Plaque design may vary" How could it vary? Do they change it everytime? LOL
Probably means that the plaques in the pics are UC's, and they did some cuttin' and pastin' lol.

The sad thing is, I've seen all these in person at a fleamarket lol. The "aragron knife" is prbably the best replica of all of them that was there. THe Sting was second best. I saw a Glamdring there and the "elven runes" on the cross guard, were randomly assorted english alphabet letters lol. It was like AKDHG, something like that lol. These things make me want to go up to them and hit them with a hammer . . .

King of Numenor
08-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Go for it. lol.

Grey Pilgrim
08-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Ya, I can just imagine me with a ski mask and a hammer running up to a flea market lol. It would be like musical chimes, except chimes are better representations of swords than these.

Grima Wormtongue
08-05-2005, 01:35 AM
I was at the militery store the other day (for boots) and had a good laugh seeing a couple fakes like these for sale. They were pretty darn expensive though, about $100cnd for arwens sword. Kinda makes you more thankful for UC and other companys like windlass and hanwei for making good quality swords for low prices.
:cheers:
~wormtongue

BladeCollector
08-07-2005, 01:23 AM
I think i found a couple of the best (as in worst, not almost UC looking, but horrible) fakes ever... here is "sting"
http://stores.wholesalecentral.com/Images/RXTAJ_DI9NRPNU2FNNEA3HJVD24VPU/frodosting%2D2%2Ejpg

and here is the "ringwraith" sword

http://stores.wholesalecentral.com/Images/RXTAJ_DI9NRPNU2FNNEA3HJVD24VPU/kss1159%2D2%2Ejpg

it also comes in a blue version... this sword doesnt even remotely resemble the UC version, or any other fake actually.

and i am guessing this is supposed to be strider's ranger sword

it is listed as the lotr blue sword
http://stores.wholesalecentral.com/Images/RXTAJ_DI9NRPNU2FNNEA3HJVD24VPU/kss1144%2D2%2Ejpg

I give these the "Utterly Pathetic" Award... shoot couldnt even get the color of the ranger sword right.

King of Numenor
08-07-2005, 07:41 PM
lol. I can get a good laugh out of this.

Dunedain Ranger
08-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Hmm, I saw some fakes a couple weeks ago in my local malll. Tried to get a picture, but the guy shooed me away.

Anarion
08-17-2005, 10:11 AM
I was on vacation last weekend, and went to the same store that sold fakes the last time I was there. (the one that told me he'd sell me the 'sword of gandalf', which clearly resembled the ranger sword more, for 180 dollars, because I had told him I got my LE Anduril for that much.:p What a fool, guess he didnt know mine was REAL)

Anyway, me and my brother were laughing at some stuff, when I saw a fake Glamdring. Hilt didnt look too bad, but the blade was terrible, as always.

And this time, they had fake airsoft guns... well, not fake, but extremely low quality, that you can buy on the net for 50 bucks, and this guy was selling them for over 200 dollars, ripping 10 year old kids off.

They are clearly middle eastern, with accents, and these fakes are made in Pakistan right? (hmmm, lemme think.);)