PDA

View Full Version : Shield Choices

DragonZero
03-11-2004, 09:04 PM
I was wondering what other collectors and fans of United Cutlery would want made for the Shields. I want to see Gil-Galad’s Elven shield or Eowyn’s shield made, a random Rohan or Gondorian shield I am not sure but I still believe it would look fantastic next to her sword (and crown if United Cutlery makes that as well). :)

I think there may be similar posts on this subject, my apologies if I am only repeating them.

Boromir Of Gondor
03-12-2004, 05:37 AM
Boromir's, And Easterling's would be my favourite.

Faramir Of Gondor
03-13-2004, 01:37 AM
I voted Theodens i wouldnt mind also a gondor shield though they should make the sword before they make the shield same goes with all of them.

Boromir Of Gondor
03-13-2004, 01:45 AM
The sword of king thoedens plaque shows the mearas shield motif.

havelockploz
03-13-2004, 05:05 AM
Gondor and Boromir's shield. I love the gondor grip.

Dunedain Ranger
03-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Gondorian 2 and 3 age shield, and Gil-Galads:D

Jupiter's Light
03-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Gil-Galad, I hope that shield is made!

Hiraeth
04-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Yes Gil Galads is by far my favorite! I think its stunning! After that 2nd age Elven shield. Dont want any others, but thats just me and I have no space for more than 1 or 2.

Gűd Daedheloth
04-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Aragorn's Dwarvish shield- never filmed, sketch seen in Art of FotR book.

dwarf tosser
04-11-2004, 11:53 PM
i think it's kinda obivois who's shiheld i want.

-dt

Nelum
04-12-2004, 06:32 PM
I realy want UC to make the Moria Orc shild and helmet. The one that looks like a deap sea fish.

Jessehk
05-20-2004, 10:38 PM
I would love to see the last Alliance shield made. Although it has been anounced, I would like to see it confirmed.

Necromancer
05-26-2004, 12:29 AM
I would love to see Gil-Gald's shield made.

Aragorn King Of Gondor
06-20-2004, 11:07 AM
theodens sheild would be nice and so would Gil-Gald's but my vote goes to boromirs

Boromir Of Gondor
06-22-2004, 03:12 AM
theodens sheild would be nice and so would Gil-Gald's but my vote goes to boromirs

Ah, Good choice. Out of all the shields made, Boromir's is the only shield that I care about. I really like Theoden's shield, but It wont dissapoint me much if it is not made. Boromir's shield is a must for the shield series, as it received alot of screentime.

Gil-Galad
07-10-2004, 03:42 AM
Need I say whose sheild I want?:D

ladyhawk
07-16-2004, 09:00 PM
For me it would be the Easterling Shield and Theoden's shield. When you see the Easterling shield in the Weapons and Warfare book, it's fairly elaborate and simply fabulous looking.

The Flame of the West
07-19-2004, 01:26 PM
i would go for Boromir's shield because it would look very nice on the wall next to his sword, when it is released. But you could then say the same about Theoden's shield and Herugrim...

Tilion
07-24-2004, 06:01 PM
For me also it would be Boromirs shield, it is very special to me.

Beneath Amon Hen I heard his cry. There many foes he fought.
His cloven shield, his broken sword, they to the water brought.
His head so proud, his face so fair, his limbs they laid to rest;
And Rauros, golden Rauros-falls, bore him upon its breast.

And Gil-galad's shield, that is one mighty fine piece of work, much better for putting on my wall than the standard issue elven shield :).
I also chose maeras shield, as it is very recognisable and exemplary to the Rohan culture.

Thorin
08-08-2004, 12:36 PM
I'd hope that all of those shields are made... quite possibly why I voted for each one :):D

Theoden of Rohan
08-25-2004, 04:03 PM
This is a no brainer. I want Theoden's shield made first. I wish it got more screen time in the movies. But Boromir's is a must too.

Sindamar
08-27-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm most interested in the Elven shields (Last Alliance, and Gil-Galad's), but, like Thorin, I hope that UC get around to making all of them eventually!:)

Minas Tirith
08-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Elven second age shiled and gondorian 3rd age shield are best, coz they go with the weapons of men and elves collection and i love the pic of the white tree on the gondorian 3rd age shield

Gregorius0202
09-07-2004, 01:13 AM
I like Boromir's, but an unofficial representation of it has been made and marketed. I won't share the information, but I'll say a shield that IS NOT labeled as his, but has the exact same look, and is fully functional, is on the market... It was obviously made to look like it!

I'll leave that to all of our wandering eyes.

I'd personally like the Elf shields of any kind, including Gil-Galad's, just because they're the only one's I couldn't make if I really wanted to. Shield's are about the only items in my budding armoring career I'm good with;p

-Gregory-

(EDIT: At Minas Tirith:

"and i love the pic of the white tree on the gondorian 3rd age shield"

There's also the big Bronze cut out of a Tree on the Second Age Numenorean Shields, which looks even cooler, if you ask me. Very distinctive and a good touch!)

Gilgalad-2490
09-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Gil-galads sheild all the way, beyond a doubt

The Flame of the West
10-10-2004, 08:18 PM
I think UC would do well to throw some evil shields into the mix as well, namely an Easterling shield and an Uruk-Hai shield, avec the white hand of course! Also, i wouldn't mind a moria orc shield, i quite like "jagged" shape of it.

Gregorius0202
10-14-2004, 09:41 AM
I think UC would do well to throw some evil shields into the mix as well, namely an Easterling shield and an Uruk-Hai shield, avec the white hand of course! Also, i wouldn't mind a moria orc shield, i quite like "jagged" shape of it.
It would be hard to make the Moria shield simply because of the Jagged shape. I have a cut out from 18 gauge galvanized steel that I'm using to make one (it's still flat) but without rolled edges, the whole thing is extremely sharp in comparison to anything you'd want to be swinging around on your arm!

-Gregory-

Felagund
10-15-2004, 05:20 AM
Boromir's shield of course.Follwed by the Easterling's shield.I like the Easterling's shield cause it has all the runes around it which is really cool.:cool: