PDA

View Full Version : Attention all owners of Ranger Scabbard...

Sky I Scrape
10-14-2004, 06:01 PM
I am expecting my scabbard in a week or so, and this problem with the sword not going completely into the scabbard seems like it's happening to a lot of people, and I presume it will happen to me too. I'd like everyone who has the scabbard say whether or not the scabbard went in nicely, and if it DID get stuck, did it scratch up the blade?

SwordLover
10-14-2004, 06:21 PM
honestly when you first try it will be tough putting it in and impossible with your hands to remove it so this works for me but put it in all the way and then put your feet on the crossguard of the sword and pull on the scabbard alternate that for a few times and it should get easier it is all a factor of breaking in the scabbard

The Flame of the West
10-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Like SwordLover says, it will be difficult to start with, but then, a lot of new things are. When you buy a new pair of shoes for example, they are going to rub on the back of your heels until you wear them in, and it is the same sort of scenario with this scabbard, you just need to wear it in! My Ranger sword doesn't have any scratches on it, and it is frequently in and out of the scabbard, so i wouldn't be getting to worried. The people who keep on complaining about the sword not going all the way obviously haven't kept on trying, and honestly, it took me a couple of days tops of having to apply a lot of force, and now it comes out easily. You won't have any problems, and you will love the scabbard :)

Thorongil AKA (Aragorn)
10-14-2004, 08:58 PM
I know how your going to feel.I felt the same when I got mine,I just kept putting it in and pulling it out and the next day and so on until today It comes out perfect.So just keep putting it in and pulling out and eventually it will go in and come out very easily.Hope that helps out dude

Sky I Scrape
10-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Thanks you guys, I feel better about it now. I'm very excited to get this scabbard, even with this minor glitch. I've been staring at the pictures of it in the gallery and on the net for the past week... this is going to be great.

The Flame of the West
10-17-2004, 03:57 PM
Indeed it will be great Sky I Scrape, or rather, it IS great! I wouldn't really call this a glitch either, i imagine the same thing will happen when the scabbards for Anduril and Glamdring are released, that is, if they are wooden inside as well. It is probably because of the wood, that the scabbards require the "breaking in". That is what i believe anyway, as there was absolutely no problems with my Sting scabbard, as that is made of Kevlar, or some such material.
Anyway, the point is, you will love the Ranger scabbard, especially with it housing the 10 inch utility knife, that is a thing of beauty in itself :)

Sky I Scrape
10-19-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm very excited, it should be here in a little over a week. When it comes I'll take some pictures and such, I find there aren't enough pictures of the box, scabbard knife, and side view of the scabbard. It'll be great!

Urambo Tauro
10-19-2004, 10:21 PM
I didn't have any problems with mine. The UC1299 did fit snugly enough to not fall out when turned upside down. But that is all- no "tug-of-war" or anything.

The White Rider
10-20-2004, 03:43 AM
I Have the Ranger sword and Scabbard. I put the Ranger sword on the wall and the Scabbard is hanging with it (The sword is in the Scabbard). It holds enough to stay on the sword, and it looks good too!

V34
10-23-2004, 09:14 AM
I have this awesome scabbard also. When I first put my sword in it
it went in a little tight but it wasn't bad at all. I would want my sword
to fit this way. It is a perfect fit (well the one I got) and holds the sword
tightly. But as far as being hard to get out, I had no problems. I have also
had NO problems with swords scratching from the scabbards.

Sky I Scrape
10-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Good news to hear, I'm glad not everyone is having the same problems. The consensus seems to show that it's just a little snug.

not-impressed
10-23-2004, 10:16 PM
I put the Ranger sword on the wall and the Scabbard is hanging with it (The sword is in the Scabbard)Even though its stainless steel you might want to be careful about that. You shouldnt store swords in their scabbards because they are more likely to rust or tarnish (yes stainless can rust)
As long as you keep an eye on it and dont leave it for months without checking, it should be fine. But to be on the safe side I would put a light coat of oil on the blade.