PDA

View Full Version : Glamdring Scabbard!

SauronTD
10-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Looks awesome! Cant wait to have it hanging next ot the sword.
http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B%3A483523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2334%3D429%3D566%3 DXROQDF%3E2323652797688ot1lsi

The Flame of the West
10-08-2004, 12:37 PM
It looks fabulous doesn't it! Does this mean it will be released before the Anduril scabbard :( ? Either way, i feel Santa will be bringing a Glamdring with him to my house this year, so i will happily receive a scabbard for that ;)

Swordsman
10-08-2004, 02:36 PM
It looks fabulous doesn't it! Does this mean it will be released before the Anduril scabbard :( ? Either way, i feel Santa will be bringing a Glamdring with him to my house this year, so i will happily receive a scabbard for that ;)
I am sure that The Anduril Scabbard will be out way before The Glamdring Scabbard. We are probably looking at sometime this spring because it has not been assigned a number yet. Of course even that is a guess at this point but one thing for certain it is now official and is only waiting in line to make it's debut!!

King Elessar
10-08-2004, 07:34 PM
The scabbard looks fantastic.They made the right choice in going with the blue one.And I see,they started including the rigging.Should save you some time on those belts,wont it Swordsman?

Witchking
10-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Oh, now that is a beauty. I have Glamdring and the Ranger above my fireplace, so I'll have to pick up both scabbards at the same time to keep the display looking even.

Gilgalad-2490
10-08-2004, 10:15 PM
thats a pricey scabbard! almost $400! i dont know if i'll be able to afford it, but great job U.C once again you've made a perfect piece

Grima Wormtongue
10-08-2004, 10:42 PM
thats a pricey scabbard! almost $400! i dont know if i'll be able to afford it, but great job U.C once again you've made a perfect piece
Your forgetting that thats Uniteds suggested retail price. Most retailers lower the price a whole lot lower. So dont worry, about it being to pricy;)

SauronTD
10-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Your forgetting that thats Uniteds suggested retail price. Most retailers lower the price a whole lot lower. So dont worry, about it being to pricy;)And the price is on the sword.

EHmasterJedi
10-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Ah good eye SauronTD LOL! this is neet but its weird that there has been no pics of Anduril's?

Aragorn Elessar
10-10-2004, 12:57 AM
So it's gonna be blue huh? But it's interesting to see that the picture next to it is of Gandalf the White... perhaps a white scabbard is still on the cards? Since we're not even seeing the description of the scabbard. And this looks like a real UC catelogue, so there should be a part number for the scabbard. But then yeah... where's the Anduril scabbard?

The White Rider
10-12-2004, 10:15 AM
I will be getting the blue scabbard but i really hope they will be releasing the White scabbard, it will go well with the white staff, My brooch of Gandalf and Narya!

NateDogg2
10-19-2004, 08:51 PM
I am happy that they did a blue scabbard. I think that is the right choice for the first one. I don't think that as many people will go for the white-ish, pale slate color of the other one.

The Flame of the West
10-19-2004, 09:00 PM
I am also glad the blue scabbard is being made first. I think either would be have been okay, the white goes well with Gandalf the White's attire, but the blue scabbard looks better with the sword (which i think is more important) , as there is blue leather on the handle, so all in all, i think UC/Newline has made the right decision.

Anguisel
05-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Got my Blue Scabbard Today. I think it is great! Luckily I barely notice the difference in color between the handle of the sword and the scabbard. The one problem I did discover upon putting the blade in was that the crossguard is crooked and so the top of the scabbard is not touching the crossguard by 3 millimeters on one side. I guess it is kind of irrational for this to annoy me but it does. Still, they are great pieces to have and probably look awesome to anoyone not as anal as me! :) I am satisfied however.