PDA

View Full Version : Helm to be released.

JustinTD
10-08-2004, 11:55 AM
The helm release is upon us. Within the next 2 weeks UC will begin shipping the first batch of the Helm of Sauron. From what I have been told this will not be a full shipment, that they are going to stagger them out a bit. But at last we can say it is true, they are going to start shipping within the next two weeks.

I hereby recind my annoucement:)

The Flame of the West
10-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Excellent!!!!! :D I hope i'm in the first part of the shipment!!

V34
10-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Only One Word Can Be Said! Awesome!!!!!!!!!

King Elessar
10-08-2004, 03:42 PM
The helm release is upon us. Within the next 2 weeks UC will begin shipping the first batch of the Helm of Sauron. From what I have been told this will not be a full shipment, that they are going to stagger them out a bit. But at last we can say it is true, they are going to start shipping within the next two weeks.

I hereby recind my annoucement:)
Thank you Justin for bringing us such amazing news.Now everyone here can rest at ease knowing that the Helm of Sauron is coming.

Swordsman
10-08-2004, 05:42 PM
That "Unmentionable" site will start billing for balances on the Helm of Sauron tomorrow. Folks, if there was any doubt if this item would live up to the vision all of us fans had concerning it, let all doubts stop now. This is the most amazing piece that I have ever seen as far as reproductions go. There is absolutly now way you would know it was not metal unless you were told so. It is that authentic. Even the weight does not give it away. WHat amazes me is the care to detail that United did with this peice to make it look and feel like real metal. The color and painting on it is SUPERB!!! The Whole piece is just outstanding. Really....this one breaks all the molds. It is just that damn good!!

GALADRIAL
10-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Excellent! It's about time. Halloween here I come. Now I can finish my costume if the Gauntlet comes at the end of the month (i know i'm pushing it, but I'm still hopeful;) ) by the way, my second helm is on the way:D I just read my e-mail confirming it!

Mouth of Sauron
10-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Hate to break the news, but United has already started shipping this helm. There are pictures on the net to prove it.

GALADRIAL
10-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Hate to break the news, but United has already started shipping this helm. There are pictures on the net to prove it.
I think you are right. I've seen it and confirmed it too:D

Swordsman
10-08-2004, 07:22 PM
I dont understand your post...prove what....?

NateDogg2
10-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Can anyone post links to pics?

King Elessar
10-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Can anyone post links to pics?
There are two posted in the gallery NateDogg2.Head over there and start drooling.:p

Mouth of Sauron
10-08-2004, 07:36 PM
I dont understand your post...prove what....?
For the last 3 days, I've tried to share news with members of this forum that this helm has officially started shipping to retailers. As of this morning, my dealer has recieved a large number of helms.

I don't think that fellow members of this forum would apprieate the fact that multiple moderators here have tried to supress this information by deleting my posts. Just because a certain retailer hasn't recieved word from UC, doesn't mean that other retailers haven't.

If this forum is going to continue to be billed as a quasy-official forum for United Cutlery, than posts like mine should be welcomed, not denied. At no time have I devulged who my dealer was. My posts were at no time a threat to your bussiness, Swordsman.

The pictures I speak of is "proof" that the helms are not shipping from UC "in two weeks" like you claim, but are infact shipping NOW. I believe our fellow members deserve to hear this.

King Elessar
10-08-2004, 07:46 PM
The reason your information was being surpressed is because,we had gotten different information regarding the helms from United Cutlery.Also,our rules specify that,no release dates are to be posted unless they are from Kit Rae(Nasnandos),Gregory Bates(aged1995),Swordsman or JustinTD.

As you can see,our admins have now confirmed the information and have made the announcement.

King Elessar
10-08-2004, 07:55 PM
I must inform you that,the retailer from which you have ordered from,and I am very much aware whom they are,have stated in another forum that not all retailers are getting them at the same time.We are therefore basing our estimates in the information given to Swordsman.

Swordsman
10-08-2004, 07:58 PM
For the last 3 days, I've tried to share news with members of this forum that this helm has officially started shipping to retailers. As of this morning, my dealer has recieved a large number of helms.

I don't think that fellow members of this forum would apprieate the fact that multiple moderators here have tried to supress this information by deleting my posts. Just because a certain retailer hasn't recieved word from UC, doesn't mean that other retailers haven't.

If this forum is going to continue to be billed as a quasy-official forum for United Cutlery, than posts like mine should be welcomed, not denied. At no time have I devulged who my dealer was. My posts were at no time a threat to your bussiness, Swordsman.

The pictures I speak of is "proof" that the helms are not shipping from UC "in two weeks" like you claim, but are infact shipping NOW. I believe our fellow members deserve to hear this.
First off who is trying to deny your posts if we were trying to do that we woulkd have taken them down. You announceed that they are now shipping like someone here was trying to keep it a big secreat. Hell the post right above yours already proved that. And secondly why would we want to supress the news of the helms shipping anyhow...just take a minute to look at our little blue box at the bottom of this site and look at the traffic that the helm is giving us right now as we speak. Do you think I am crazy not to welcome traffic like that for this site. News of the Helm shipping is the best news that could happen to this board right now, why in the heavens would we want to keep this a secreat and try and keep this from the fans. Post all the news you want of the shipping from UC and for sure to makes sure to post lots of pictures as well in the Gallery so everyone can see what this bad boy looks like. I know I am gonn do that very thing tomorrow myself.

I think your slant on this whole subject has to do with somthing much deeper than your revelation of UC shipping the helms. I think it has more to do with "Who your dealer is".

The Flame of the West
10-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Okay..this is getting a little heated :eek:
So anyway, if the "unmentionable site" starts billing tomorrow, can we expect the helm to arrive within the usual time period? 3-4 days?

GALADRIAL
10-08-2004, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry to say it, but it is true Swordsman. That posts WERE deleted during the past three days regarding the shipment of the helmets. This is apparently why Justin (witchking mod) posted that threat of being "banished" if anyone posted anything along the lines of the Sauron Helmet shipment.

I must admit I was skeptical when people were saying it (mostly because we didn't hear it from you), but when so many people have tracking numbers, and post the same, I tend to believe them.

I'm sorry if this post is offensive to anyone, but it is correct.

JustinTD
10-08-2004, 11:04 PM
The reason the posts were deleted was becuase UC would not directly give us the information until earlier today. One of the rules is not posting release dates and discussing un-official release dates. Therefore, until UC says, "Yes they are shipping" or "They will ship at such and such a time" then it is considered unofficial.

Think about it for a minute. If people just came in here willy nilly and started saying "my dealer is sending me a Boromir sword" everyone would expect it was shipping. This gets peoples hopes up and when they find out its not true, they are crushed. Until the information is verified by someone at UC, it can do great stuff to boost our users hope, and then either fulfill their dreams if it's true, or crush them if it's not.

So, to keep things in order, I simply enforced the rule. If people disagree with the way I did it, please PM me. I am always looking for ways to better myself so to speak, and welcome criticism. But before anyone blasts me, put yourself in my shoes. If you were charged with maintaining order, and users were breaking the rules, what would you do? Further more, if I had let the posts go, who would be to blame if the information turned out to be false?

PS - Galadriel, no offense taken:) and I am an Assistant Administrator not Mod:) but close enough! LOL

Thorin
10-08-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm so excited and I just cant hide it... I dont know the rest of the words... and i think i like it.

Is anyone else hyped up for the release of the helm. As soon as the first pictures are released of people opening their boxes, well... i'll be cursing in my head until mine comes.

Swordsman, if you say that the helm looks just like metal, well great! Thats impressive that UC can develop a material that simulates metal very preciesly. I think we all owe UC a huge thank you for the development and planning that has gone into the helm. I have a spot saved for it when it comes.

Gregorius0202
10-08-2004, 11:59 PM
The dealer you're all talkin' about (I'm sure most of you are aware) has recieved the helmets, and is shipping them out tomorrow, as far as I know... They helms ARE out, and I'm so happy!

-Gregory-

Boromir Of Gondor
10-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Well fellows I am back!

The news of this helms release is wonderful. The pictures in the gallery are amazing, and I have missed much that has gone on due to my absense, and I am glad to come back to such news. Thank you Justin, Swordsman, and United Cutlery!

DarkOne
10-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey all,

I don't want to be involved in all the political intrigue about the release of the helms, but I do want to pass along info that the vendor who I am purchasing the sauron helm from just sent me an email today confirming that my item is already being shipped out to me.

I'm not sure if it's the same vendor we are all 'talking' about.

Anyway, it's pretty exciting and I will try to give an update when it arrives and maybe even some pics when it shows up.

The Flame of the West
10-10-2004, 03:37 PM
You are talking about the "unmentionable site"?
Has anyone else received their email yet? Swordsman said that they would be sent on Saturday, but i haven't got mine yet, and i ordered almost straight often the option to order became available :(

GALADRIAL
10-10-2004, 11:16 PM
You are talking about the "unmentionable site"?
Has anyone else received their email yet? Swordsman said that they would be sent on Saturday, but i haven't got mine yet, and i ordered almost straight often the option to order became available :(
I'm in the same boat Flame. I haven't received my e-mail either:mad:

The Flame of the West
10-11-2004, 09:02 AM
At long last! My email came late Sunday night! I am so happy, the Dark Lord's Helm will soon be mine :D

Thorin
10-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Yarrr, I still be waiting for mine.

I am loving the pictures. The detail on the helm is great. I especially love the nose portion of the helm. Its quite intricate.

GALADRIAL
10-11-2004, 11:55 AM
At long last! My email came late Sunday night! I am so happy, the Dark Lord's Helm will soon be mine :D
I didn't get mine......It must've got "lost in the mail":(

The Flame of the West
10-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Worry not Thorin & GALADRIEL, I am sure you are some of the next in line :)

Lair of the Dragon Smaug
10-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I received my email on Sunday that my was waiting for me. to cool

King Elessar
10-11-2004, 07:51 PM
I haven't received mine either.But I am not worried,I called my retailer over the weekend and got from them what I wanted to hear:"we should have one for you,sir".So now,I am patiently waiting for my confirmation.After the Unlimited Anduril wait,nothing can get to you.

Gregorius0202
10-11-2004, 08:45 PM
I don't know if my vendor even sends emails, but I talked to one of the owners (mod here, cough...) and he said that they'd get their first shipment next Friday, so, I'm just sittin' here waiting...

In the mean time, I need to get this darn shield and like 5 other projects done!

-Gregory-

King Elessar
10-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Important Delivery Information
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scheduled Delivery: 19-October-2004

Shipment Detail
Just got that on the mail.I can wait for Tuesday.Its gonna be a day to cherish.

Thorin
10-14-2004, 07:35 PM
Yarrr... I come home every day and check my e-mail... but I never get anything. And when I do... its not the right one. I think that mine will be in the next shipment... which sucks for me :( AHhh well... more time to get some money.

The Flame of the West
10-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Damn i'm getting annoyed. I had UPS deliver my helm to my mum's work (more fool me), and it came today when they were all out for lunch! Now i have to wait until tomorrow :mad:

GALADRIAL
10-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Yarrr... I come home every day and check my e-mail... but I never get anything. And when I do... its not the right one. I think that mine will be in the next shipment... which sucks for me :( AHhh well... more time to get some money.
I check my mail too....and NOTHING

DarkOne
10-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Lol @ Flame....me too ...while I was out working, UPS tried to deliver it but needed a signature!

Oh well, tomorrow's another day...and I should have the helm in my hot little hands by the weekend! yay!:D

The Flame of the West
10-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Well, it came, and I couldn't be happier :D . I hope yours comes soon Thorin!

DarkOne
10-18-2004, 03:14 AM
Hey thanks Flame,

Yeah, I guess I got mine the same day as you...congrats.

Okay, I got #559...time to start a new thread ;)

Gregorius0202
10-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Now I'm gettin' eager... Since I pre-ordered my helm some one month ago, I've been bored and achieved a lot... Lol.

In my waiting time:

I've eaten a lot of unhealthy food (hope I survive to see the helmet!)
I've slept a lot less than I'd have liked to
I've gone to school a lot, and tried to keep my grades up, while at the same time reading books about warfare...
I've made:
-A shield
-A belt
-A small belt pouch
-More than half of a sword
-An Axe
-Two uncompleted axes, two uncompleted swords, and an uncompleted helmet...

So, that's my waiting time! :p

-Gregory-

Lord Rahl
10-18-2004, 01:00 PM
I wonder if this is what it will be like when the Elven Warrior Helm is released.

I'd sure like to experience an excruciating wait such as this....wait...what am I saying...
lol, seriously though, it would be cool.

King Elessar
10-18-2004, 05:06 PM
My helm is currently in Jacksonville Florida.It's getting very close,I am physched.I am gonna wear my Eye of Sauron T-shirt tommorrow,a day that I will officially remember as "Dark Lord of Mordor" day.

Congratulations to all those of you who have gotten it,I can't wait to see what you guys have beheld with your eyes.I am sure it will be a sight.

Foe Hammer
10-18-2004, 06:31 PM
I just got notified that my Helm of Sauron is on the way! :cool: I should have it in a few days. I can hardly wait! This is almost as bad as when I found out my Herugrim was in transit. :( Patience, precious.

Lair of the Dragon Smaug
10-18-2004, 08:17 PM
I received my second helm today. I'm not keeping both, 1 went to my friend and this one I'm keeping. really happy with the packaging/shipping, all is good with the world! :D

NateDogg2
10-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Should get mine tomorrow. I can't wait. I want to drive to the UPS warehouse tonight that is halfway across the state and pick it up. But I am to tired after watching a grueling 6 hour long playoff game. Woooohooooo!

King Elessar
10-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Just got my helmet,amazing piece!!!Although,I must say,I am slightly,just slighty,dissapointed.The fiber glass,doesnt look that good upon close inspection.Ahh,who am I kidding.This thing is wonderful.Now,I just need it to stand straight:rolleyes:

Edit:Got it!I reclined it against a wall.

The Flame of the West
10-19-2004, 03:47 PM
The helm should stand up-right without the aid of a wall :confused: ... but that's not the point! Congratulations King Elessar, on a mighty fine acquisition to your collection! The Helm of Sauron is a truly great piece.
I know what you mean about the close scrutiny as well, but it doesn't really matter :)

King Elessar
10-19-2004, 04:37 PM
The helm should stand up-right without the aid of a wall :confused: ... but that's not the point! Congratulations King Elessar, on a mighty fine acquisition to your collection! The Helm of Sauron is a truly great piece.
I know what you mean about the close scrutiny as well, but it doesn't really matter :)
I put the stick in the hole formed by the cushions on the front.Its standing fine now.Also,the scrutinity isnt mattering anymore.I am having the time of my life running around the house wearing that and a Dark Cloak.Everyone in my household is impressed with it and the dog is scared of it:p .Not that it stopped her from trying it on.

NateDogg2
10-19-2004, 07:33 PM
I just got mine! WOOOOOHOOOOO! This thing is friggin awesome. I got #1818. A cool number. I like that.

This thing is enormous. I underestimated how big it was going to be. When I got home it was sitting on my front stairs. The box came up to about my waist, and I am 6'1". I have no idea where I can even put this thing to display it. It is totally worth the price. The thing looks great and I could not resist the temptation to put it on. I scared the crap out of my dog with it too.

Congrats to everyone who got one, and to everyone who is getting one. Good purchase, a must for a hardcore collector.

King Elessar
10-19-2004, 07:38 PM
I just got mine! WOOOOOHOOOOO! This thing is friggin awesome. I got #1818. A cool number. I like that.

This thing is enormous. I underestimated how big it was going to be. When I got home it was sitting on my front stairs. The box came up to about my waist, and I am 6'1". I have no idea where I can even put this thing to display it. It is totally worth the price. The thing looks great and I could not resist the temptation to put it on. I scared the crap out of my dog with it too.

Congrats to everyone who got one, and to everyone who is getting one. Good purchase, a must for a hardcore collector.Hahaha.I guess everyone who got their helm today cant resist that temptation.It's just amazing,if you got a pet,do yourself a favor and show the helm to them.

Congratulations Natedogg22,Happy "Dark Lord of Mordor Day"

By the way,I forgot to mention my number here #1388 is mine.

The Flame of the West
10-19-2004, 08:23 PM
LOL. I don't know whether i dare try that with my dog, he is an 11 month old 90lb American Pit Bull Terrier! so maybe i'll show him it when he is sleepy ;) Just talking about this Helm gets me buzzing! It's just exciting discussing this amazing piece with others who appreciate it as much as I do! Can't wait for that Gauntlet! :D

Olorin
10-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Well, I got an email that mine was shipped today and should arrive Thursday evening. I hope it does arrive then,because I'm leaving town for the weekend on Friday and don't want to miss it! Now the anticipation has begun in earnest.

As for wearing it to "impress" pets, isn't that a little cruel? I've got a cat that's already scared of his own shadow, so I don't think I'll be trying that. (This guy is a 16.5 lb monster that you wouldn't think would be afraid of anything, but he is. He must have had a bad kittenhood.)