PDA

View Full Version : The Staff of "Saruman of Many Colours"...

Lord Rahl
10-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey guys.
I have a few Q's for all of the SoSoMC(lol :D) owners.
Is the whole thing made of metal?
And...i know this is an odd question, but how wide is the crown of the staff?
When I opened my Gandalf Staff(Though it was damaged, I still took it out:o) i weas totally suprised, I had never imagined that the crown was so big. Not that its a bad thing, it looked even better than I had imagined.
But I'm just wanting to know how wide the crown is, just so I have an idea.

Thx very much,

GtW

Estar
10-08-2004, 03:11 AM
Oh yes i am too very curious about the SOLID metal.. Won't it be extremely heavy?

Oh yes i remember someone's gallery having the comparison picture...

Here's the link:

http://www.ucforums.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=916

Grima Wormtongue
10-08-2004, 03:35 AM
I do not own this staff, though, I have held it(it was along time ago, but ill try to remember correctly). Im pretty sure that the staff is metal, though is more of a hollow pipe.but, it was sturdy, and light, so I think there is no problem. I cant remember the size of the top, but since Estar showd a pic, Its must be around the same size as Gandalfs staff top.

I hope I am a help,
-wormtongue

Swordsman
10-08-2004, 07:48 AM
I do not own this staff, though, I have held it(it was along time ago, but ill try to remember correctly). Im pretty sure that the staff is metal, though is more of a hollow pipe.but, it was sturdy, and light, so I think there is no problem. I cant remember the size of the top, but since Estar showd a pic, Its must be around the same size as Gandalfs staff top.

I hope I am a help,
-wormtongue
The gandalf staff is about 3 1/4 wide at its widest point. The crown is made of cast metal and the staff itself is made of wood. Sauraman's staff is a hollow tube that is caped with a solid metal crown. BOth are IMHO a bit top heavy but this is expected because of the way they are designed. If you hold them where the actores hold them they feel very comfortable when using them as a walking stick. OVerall very nice additions to any collectors collection.

Swordsman
10-08-2004, 07:50 AM

I hope I am a help,
-wormtongue
The crown on Sauraman's staff is 2 3/4 wide at its widest point.

Estar
10-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Thanks swordman for the info... I'm kind of disappointed that Saruman's staff was not solid metal... As describe in the product specifications... But i guess it's only practical and logical to not have it solid, it would be too material-unfriendly and would be just too costly...

Swordsman
10-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks swordman for the info... I'm kind of disappointed that Saruman's staff was not solid metal... As describe in the product specifications... But i guess it's only practical and logical to not have it solid, it would be too material-unfriendly and would be just too costly...
Not to be sarcastic just of course, but if the staff was made of solid metal it would take a olympic weight lifter to lug around. The solid metal tube is thick enough to give this product all the strength it needs, IMHO.

The White Rider
10-11-2004, 11:07 AM
I have the Staff of Saruman. I do like the design yet I have a few quibbls with the repilcation.

The Glass Sphere in the original prop was bigger, white and more oval in shape. But my biggest dissapointement was the bottom of the staff. It is missing the raised section (A small raised ring) about 1-2 feet from the base and the base does not taper to an unsharpened point (with an unusual design it sort of looks like a Plus sign if viewed from the base!)

Has anyone else noticed this?