PDA

View Full Version : A question about Gandalf the White's Staff

Anduril33
10-02-2004, 02:59 PM
I know many of you have been dissapointed, from what Ive read, by the way the Gandalf Staff is damaged and chipped. It seems that its been a while since anyone has put a recent post concering any info on how the paint job is going with this particuliar Staff. I, myself, dont know alot yet about UC, as I am somewhat a "newbie" to it (I only own a UE Anduril, and Striders Elven Dagger). But I would like my next purchase not to be a sword, but of course, Gandalf the Whites Staff. Now, I would really like to order it with confidence, but I am finding this veeeeery difficult to do, as I am afraid I'll be paying 100 bucks to recieve a damaged Staff that I adore. Now, has anyone, and I mean, Anyone, recieved there Gandalf Staff that has NOT been damaged as of late, or are they still coming in very chipped and damamged as before? If not, has UC finally made an improvement in the way they make and/or ship the Staffs? And Finnally, is it safe yet to order The Gandalf the White Staff without having to worry if its going to be chipped and broken? Please, I urge someone to reply to this, not just for me, but for anyone who wants to get this wonderful, beautiful piece of artwork!!! And that includes UC as well, if you could spare some of your time!

Estar
10-02-2004, 08:51 PM
From what i recall and know, the white staves ARE STILL coming in chipped.. Our best guess is the temperature change in regions causing an expansion/compression in the wood-metal joints that cause chipping.. The shipping process could have been a factor too...

As a matter of fact, all White Staves leave UC's Production Line with proper QC but the staves get damaged along the way due to the fragility and nature of the paint.

If you have read other threads in this section, you would also have seen that there are lucky members who have received undamaged staves (myself) but they are aware that even then, the paint chips will occur over time...

I am unsure of this last bit, maybe a mod or Swordsman can clarify.. UC is considering changing the production company that does the white staves to eliminate the problem but i haven't heard anything about that again...

Swordsman
10-03-2004, 02:03 PM
From what i recall and know, the white staves ARE STILL coming in chipped.. Our best guess is the temperature change in regions causing an expansion/compression in the wood-metal joints that cause chipping.. The shipping process could have been a factor too...

As a matter of fact, all White Staves leave UC's Production Line with proper QC but the staves get damaged along the way due to the fragility and nature of the paint.

If you have read other threads in this section, you would also have seen that there are lucky members who have received undamaged staves (myself) but they are aware that even then, the paint chips will occur over time...

I am unsure of this last bit, maybe a mod or Swordsman can clarify.. UC is considering changing the production company that does the white staves to eliminate the problem but i haven't heard anything about that again...
United has already, they said, taken steps to stop this problem. However we are still getting deffective staffs in shipments. ANd we are still getting returns on them when we inspect each and everyone.

I can't speak for other vendors but we will not be ordering any more until then. When we have sold the ones we have in stock that are not deffective we will no longer be offfering The White Staffs of Gandalf as a regular item for purchase until United does indeed fix the problem associated with them.

Anduril33
10-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Well I must say, that is a pretty good idea Swordsman. I feel that what UC is doing is right. If you cant sell good quality staffs, meaning of course not being chipped by the time it arrives at the customers house, then dont sell them at all until the problem is fixed. That is a good stratedgy. I would definetly rather wait for UC to fix this problem then to take a chance and order this staff just to have it chipped and then have to return it and pay more then I already did. Good thinking, and I will wait patiently until the problem is taken care of. Thanks Swordsman.