PDA

View Full Version : Price

Collector
10-01-2004, 07:04 PM
This question is more aimed at someone who knows the anser rather than just a pole. But how long do you think it will be before the swords will begin to drop in price. Not in the price in our homes, but the buying price. Will it ever drop? Or will it most likely rise if they are stopped being made. I'm not complaining here, i own one of the blades myself. I was just wondering. thanks

GALADRIAL
10-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Of course prices will drop on the more older or "unpopular" swords. After all, retailers need to have "clearance" sales to make room for all of the new merchandise that United will be coming out with. But I certainly wouldn't look for a drop in the Limited Edition merchandise:eek:

King Elessar
10-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Im gonna start by saying that,we dont usually accept threads that talk about price.However,this one falls into a different category as it is not the price perse,but rather the current market value.

Now for my opinion.Yes,as time pass and this sword attract less attention or rather,most people have them all,they will decrease in value.It will slightly,as retailers still have to make a profit.However,this may not happen for a long time.Every day someone joins this weapons collecting craze,we can see it here in the forums.And not to mention,some collectors,myself included,are young,and therefore are limited to how many of this replicas they can buy.Therefore,our market will be here for a very long time due to our small income.So United and retailers have that in their side.

Grima Wormtongue
10-01-2004, 08:28 PM
I do not think the prices for these swords will drop for a long time, but if they ever do, I will be there to reap the benifits, just kidding. We do not know when United will stop producing these swords (Some people say 7 years but that is not comfirmed by United Cutlery). If you think about it, United makes 12000 of each sword a year, thats not much, so I dont expect anything to be on sale yet. We will see...:p

Jessehk
10-01-2004, 08:40 PM
I think the retail price will slowly decline. Especially for unlimited, older items.
eg: sting, glamdring, witchking.

Gregorius0202
10-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Jesse's got the right idea... Obviously, for limited edition pieces, it will be just the other way! They'll continue to go up and up until Lord of the Rings either is lost in entertainment history, or it's for some reason banned (begins to think "Fahrenheit 451")

*Gulp*

-Gregory-