PDA

View Full Version : Choice of Companion Weapon to Bring Along to Battle

Estar
09-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Alright here is a poll juxtaposed to Anduril's on which companion weapon you would bring to a real LOTR style battle. Companion weapons only include daggers, dirks and throwing axes.

Do include how you intend to use these companion weapons and why you chose them.. It would be any reason ranging from design to utility...

Estar
09-25-2004, 12:33 AM
I chose Gimli's axes.. One of them is sufficient... Since i would like to throw something at my enemy before he approaches... Also, i could hack at joints if I am subdued to the ground (very much like Aragorn being stepped by the Troll).

Grima Wormtongue
09-25-2004, 01:23 AM
LOL, now this is also a good question.

Okay, I choose narsill for my sword, now what else should I take. If you think I would choose Grimas dagger, youve won the million dollar question. Its a good looking dagger, and deserves to be made. But now Im going off-topic. Im exposed to say why I choose it. Well, I actually would of choose any dagger, but I really like grimas, and it is to me, the most usable dagger. Its slim, and can be hid at my side. I probly would die befor using it though, because I love narsil and want to use that all the time.

Gregorius0202
09-25-2004, 02:09 AM
I'd definitely use Sting. Heck, I could use it all alone, with a nice, small buckler. I am very fond of (and often do) using Short swords, mainly Bronze Age or Iron Age based. Sting is a perfect blend of the shortest of the short swords from those eras, and retains a Lord of the Rings Medieval feel to it as well...

-Gregory-

Turgon
09-25-2004, 03:04 AM
Well, I would have to say Sting. It is one of the most famous swords in the story after all. Plus I bet it would have a nasty bite too! :D

Tulkas Astaldo
09-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Hmmm, i would choose the legolas fighting knives(2 of them)...

These knives are my favourite as they are extremely versatile to use. The sleek, elegant and sparkling knives are sure to boost my morale for any battle. :p

Ender
09-25-2004, 10:42 AM
I'd choose Sting. Its just the right length and light enough that it would be very deadly in close quarters combat. Its double sided, so its good for stabbing and such. I'd deffinetly take Sting with me in a Middle Earth battle.

Sir Tristram
09-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Well, Sting would give youa nice big heads-up when Orcs are near....(But aren't ALL Elvish weapons supposed to do that!? :p )

What about a Flail? Nice big 'ol WitchKing Flail! (If you'd large enough to wield it, that is! ;) )

The Flame of the West
09-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Nice one Sir Tristam ;) The Flail would be the best!
I think, though, i would opt for both of Legolas' Fighting Knives. If you were to every lose your primary weapon (which from the sister thread, mine would be Boromir's sword), then having the ability to whip these blades out from over your back would be very handy!
Perhaps Boromir's dirk would be more obvious, if i would use his sword primarily, but i think Legolas' Knives are just brilliant, and 2 would be better than just 1 in a awkward situation, i think.

KingUnderTheMountain
09-25-2004, 03:52 PM
i picked sting cause its sweet and pretty long for a dagger

Foe Hammer
09-26-2004, 12:10 AM
I was going to write-in the White Staff of Gandalf because I love the way he wields it and Glamdring at Minas Tirith in ROTK. Whoa! :cool: But then I remembered something discussed in another thread about events in the ROTK EE which I will not mention here because I don't want to be a *spoiler*.

Consequently, I decided to go with the Elven Knife. Now that is a manly knife. ;)

Anduril33
09-26-2004, 11:30 AM
I chose Striders Elven knife because like the recent post said, its a real mans knife.That was acctually the first UC product i ever recieved, so its pretty special to me, and it just looks so elegant with that elvish flair and inscription. its big too, and light enough, and comes with a scabbard, so it would be a very useful item in hard battle. personnly, its the all time best side weapon you can possibly get and trust in a real ME battle.period.

Gilgalad-2490
09-26-2004, 01:34 PM
I picked the hadafang dagger because it's so attractive, using it combined with hadafang would make me unstopable!!! :D

Bleahhh
09-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Sting is my choice....i mean its "detecting" ability makes it a plus...

but then again, If i were be using The Elven Infantry Sword as i choose earlier in a poll..i think sting would be too much of a handful......

how abt a mirkwood bow? :D

Estar
09-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Actually all elven weapons made supposedly had that 'detecting' ability.. Only that PJ didn't put it in the movies...

A good obvious example is glamdring, which would glitter cold white when orcs are near..

Collector
09-27-2004, 11:03 PM
I would choose Aragorn's Elven Hunting knife because, in battle, it would be large enough to actually do some damage when used, but not too heavy that it would be a burden to carry along. A smaller dagger might not help as much in defense as would a larger knife like this. Plus, i own the elven hunting knife :p

Sindamar
09-29-2004, 11:57 AM
I'd go for the Fighting Knives of Legolas (2). Simply put, I'd want to have a dagger of some kind as a back-up to my primary weapon, whether I was equipped with either Hadhafang or Glamdring (see other thread), and I think these would suit me best. For a start, they could be used in the event of loss of the main weapon, or in close-combat in combination with it.

But why two? 'Cos that way I'd have the option of fighting with two (if the need arose), and that of throwing one at someone, if I felt like it, whilst keeping the other!

Silmierama
10-01-2004, 12:59 AM
I'd chose (liek many, it seems), Aragorn's hunting kife. IT's designed for both battle AND General utility, makign it one of the most useful all aroudn daggers. In battle I would use Anduril though, unless it was knocked out of my hands, or somethign like that. A dagger would be useful though, especially in teh business of a Ranger.

Lord Rahl
10-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Hmm, I think I already said this in the Primary weapon thread, but I'll say it again in the proper place.

My sword was Glamdring (suprised?). But for my secondary weapon....
Gandalf's White Staff hands down. (Even without magic it would be a deadly weapon in my hands, my friends Mom (And one of my other friends) knows how to fight with a staff. And She (and recently my other friend) taught me how to fight with one also (My friend taught me a bunch of neat/flashy tricks with it).)

Gil-Galad
10-05-2004, 06:36 PM
I will have to go with Gimlie's throwing axes, you could use them two at a time, and throw them. I tend to like weapons that don't require a lot of skill and training to use. I would definatly take two companion weapons and in battle, I don't want to use something like LFK were I might have to stop and think what comes next in my little twirrly thing. I just want to go up to the enemy at hit them in the head with an axe! (I know its not that simple)

drufeous
10-06-2004, 02:21 PM
My primary weapon being Herugrim because you can carry a shield and still wield it without difficulty. I would probably use Sting as my backup weapon. If you have seen the movie Troy you would notice that they use a short sword and sheath it in their sheild. That way when you lose your main weapon you can pull out your backup quickly from the shield. Sting would be a perfect size for this. I would probably have a small throwing ax on me as well. But thats just me.

drufeous
10-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Morgul blade would be cool though too. You could only use it once though so make it count.

Elfjedi
10-14-2004, 06:22 PM
I chose Legolas's Fighting Knives. Two is always better than one..:p

J/K....I have held them and they are light, precise, sharp, and ethereally beautiful. :)

SwordLover
10-14-2004, 06:28 PM
strider's ranger so i could also use the knife for hunting