PDA

View Full Version : Anduril Is Here!

Mithrandir
09-21-2004, 11:37 AM
anduril is at last here!
i have waited so long for this sword (my first uc sword!) and it is here at last.
i know i told you guys it would be here about 2 weeks ago, but it was at the north london postal depot because i hadn't paid the taxes on it. anyway, believe it or not, i haven't actually opened it yet, because i just got home about 2 minutes ago; so now all i have to hope is that it has no big scratches or other damages on it!
i will open it, and will have pics by the end of the week for you guys to see.
i know with all the new stuff coming out, the idea of getting anduril is not so special anymore but it is the sword i've always wanted to get and so i'm really happy i have got it now!:)
anyway, better go and admire the box some more before i open it:D

King Elessar
09-21-2004, 03:23 PM
My deepest congratulations to you Mithrandir.I know how you must feel on this day,receiving your first sword.Have fun with it!

The Flame of the West
09-21-2004, 03:27 PM
yes, Congratulations Mithrandir!! Not a bad first sword ;) Enjoy it, it'll be hard not to!

Gregorius0202
09-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Haha... I don't even own a single UC product in my whole sword collection yet...! I just don't know what to get first (besides the Sauron's helmet I've preordered for Christmas).

I like functional stuff, so I can't get any of the current line without 'wasting' money (as far as the way I look at it) except maybe the Orc Scimitar... And of course, I plan on getting the Elven Warrior Sword:D

Great buy, though, and congradulations! Anduril is a very pretty sword... (even if I don't care for it too much, myself.)

-Gregory-

Lord Rahl
09-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Gratz man!
I hope you and your Anduril are very happy together:D! (Seriously though, Grats!)

I wonder what my first sword will end up being, I just cant decide:(, lol.

Ender
09-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Congrats Mithrandir! I hope your Anduril is in good condition. You sound very pleased with it. Enjoy your sword of the king.:)

Anduril 101
09-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Congrats Mithrandir! I hope your Anduril is in good condition. You sound very pleased with it. Enjoy your sword of the king.:)Yes be sure to look at it carefully for maybe a crooked blade (I have that problem), or anything else that may be wrong with it or you may regret it, I do:(

Gregorius0202
09-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Yes be sure to look at it carefully for maybe a crooked blade (I have that problem), or anything else that may be wrong with it or you may regret it, I do:(
Lol, once I got a sword and the blade was actually crooked down the WIDTH, not the thickness, of it! Very angry at that, I was... To say the least, I love the sword, but not the blade:\

-Gregory-

Grima Wormtongue
09-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Congrads Mithrandir, I hope your sword came in nivly and in good condition, aswell, I cant wait to see your pics. I hope you and your sword live happily ever after;)

Estar
09-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Congrats!! I myself don't have Anduril but it think it's a cool sword..

And yes, i do have a bent Narsil Blade... Unfortunately, i only realised it too late.. I guess it's got to do with how they packed the sword in the box..

Minas Tirith
09-22-2004, 04:39 AM
Awesome choice mithrandir Anduril was my first sword as well i got it for my 18th birthday i absolutely love it...can't wait for the MC version

Mithrandir
09-22-2004, 02:03 PM
well, as far as i can see, straight blade, and nothing but a few tiny scratches!

it is better than i could ever have imagined!:) anduril flame of the west is in my grasp at last! even my dad was awed by UC's craftmanship and couldn't resist swinging it!!
anyway, thanks alot to everyone for helping me get through the agonising wait; i don;t think i would have made it without you guys.
so, my next purchase will be anduril scabbard which will be the crowning glory of anduril, and then come the end of january (not before i'm afraid:( ) i can go crazy because i would have finished my major exams and my dad has already promised me 1 uc product of my choice!! my anduril will keep me content till then!

Elfstone
09-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Wow that's great. Just for doing good on exams? I wish my mom would do that. Well I have one question. I have a fake Narsil, made of stainless steel, that I've had for a year. I kept the fingerprints off of it, but it has black spots on it. I don't want that to happen to my Anduril when I get it. Do you have any advice? What's the best way to take care of it.

Thanks,
Anduril

GALADRIAL
09-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Wow that's great. Just for doing good on exams? I wish my mom would do that. Well I have one question. I have a fake Narsil, made of stainless steel, that I've had for a year. I kept the fingerprints off of it, but it has black spots on it. I don't want that to happen to my Anduril when I get it. Do you have any advice? What's the best way to take care of it.

Thanks,
Anduril
I'm not an expert on swords, but I do clean stainless steel. Use a stainless steel cleaner and polisher. But if I were you, I'd ask the retailer your purchased it from. Good luck!

Silmierama
09-22-2004, 07:38 PM
CONGRADULATIONS!! I'm glad you like it so much, I'm torn between envy and joy for you. Anduril's the sword I want to get first, and my mom said that when teh Mesuem Collection version coems out, I can have that! YAY! I'm glad the blade isn't crooked, and I'm sure that this sword will continue to be spectacular.

Gūd Daedheloth
09-24-2004, 06:24 PM
Congrats! I'm glad you're happy with your Andśril. I love mine too!

Anduril33
09-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey, very happy for you, i just happened to get my Anduril a week ago, and im veeeeery happy with it, came in perfect condition from what ive seen, and its absolutly amazing!! now im just waiting for the crown of king elessar....

Jessehk
09-27-2004, 11:01 PM
congrats! :) Enjoy your new sword!

I should be ordering it soon myself.
that would make my LOTR sword count 4 :eek:

Mithrandir
09-28-2004, 11:58 AM
thanks guys!
yeh, i want elessars crown too!
i should have pics in a couple of days.

Agent Of Evil
09-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Just got my anduril today. Yup, it is a beauty.
Question, is the leather handle black or blue?

King Elessar
09-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Just got my anduril today. Yup, it is a beauty.
Question, is the leather handle black or blue?
It is black. The product pictures at retailer sites it give the illusion of it being blue.

Mithrandir
09-29-2004, 12:20 PM
congrats on your mighty anduril, agent of evil!:)
enjoy your sword, as i shall, for many years!

Mithrandir
10-03-2004, 01:47 PM
first pictures are up everyone!!

i had to make them a little smaller, cos i was waiting for ages for them to upload but there still ok.
i shall have more when i get more time and if you want any specific pics then just say!:)