PDA

View Full Version : Fellowship Collection

Elfstone
09-16-2004, 09:53 PM
I have decided to buy each and every Weapon of each member or the Fellowship. I have an idea of what all of them are. I was wondering if anyone knew when and if each of them will come out. Could someone type up a list of all the weapons in the movies and their expected release dates? Staffs and all.

Thanks,
Anduril

JustinTD
09-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Strider Sword / Scabbard: Already out
Strider's Elven Hunting Knife: Already out
Anduril: Already out
Anduril Scabbard: Nov/Dec
Sting / Scabbard: Already out
Glamdring: Already out
Glamdring Scabbard: No news as of yet
Gimli's Battle Axe: Oct/Nov
Gimli's Walking Axe: Nov/Dec
Gimli's Throwing Axe(s): No new as of yet
Boromir's Sword: Spring 2005
Sam's Sword, Merry's Sword, Pippin's Sword: No news as of yet
Gandalf the Grey Staff: No news as of yet (BY UC anyways)
Gandalf the White Staff: Already out
Legolas's Fighting Knives / Scabbards: Already out
Legolas's Bow: Not being produced by UC
Merry & Pippin's Lothlorien Daggers: No news as of yet

Did I miss any?

Arathorn
09-17-2004, 01:58 PM
I really like pippins sword in the FOTR its gondorian and i really like it, but as he gets given a new one in ROTK it is unlikely ever to be made. :(

Thorongil AKA (Aragorn)
09-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Herse some you miss Dude

Gimli Helm,Already out
Gimli Bearded Axe,2005
Boromir Dirk,No news of it yet
Pippins Citadel Helm,No news of it
Merry's Rohirrim Helm,No news of it
Pippin's Citadel Sword,No news of it
Merry's Rohirrim sword,No news of it
Merry's Rohirrim Shiled.
Thats all I can think of.

KingUnderTheMountain
09-17-2004, 10:35 PM
no the fellowship weapons would be

glamdring
gandalfs staff (brown wood)
striders ranger sword/ anduril if your goin by the book
EHK
all gimlis axes
legolas' bow and knives
boromirs sword and dirk
sting
merry, pippin and sams *barrow* blades
and the noldorian daggers
and scabbards for all

all others shouldnt be considered "fellowship weapons" IMO. i think the only fellowship weapons should be the ones used in FOTR while the fellowship was together..at least thats what i will consider my own "fellowship collection"

Sir Tristram
09-17-2004, 11:02 PM
I think you guys are on to something....

This could be a lucrative marketing move for UC too...
Make a 'Fellowship Collection' and sell all the Fellowship weapons (as stated above)
But sell them as aged and distressed as (some) of them looked in the films.
(Easy enough marketing technique that ALL the toy companies have down pat! Resell figures (swords) that everyone already bought but change them ever so slightly....(Dirty or distressed version as apposed to the 'As first built/acquired by' series or Museum Collection)

Throw in The Bows (For Aragorn and Legolas - All three bows they used) as Boromir's Horn (I can HOPE can't I? WHY this has not been MADE by SOMEONE is beyond me!) - Also Boromir's Dagger and Legolas's Rohon sword he picked up at Helms Deep...(I don't know if those was mentioned already!) And we could have a nice little collection on our hands....and they can mae more swords and increase profit...everyones happy. .....I would buy them again... :( (I'm a sucker for this stuff! ...I admit it!)

Gil-Galad
09-18-2004, 01:24 AM
It would be hard to get a fellowship collection because there is so much stuff to buy. My issue would be wall space. That is why I am tying to get king weapons, whith the exception of LFK.

Gilgalad-2490
09-18-2004, 03:12 PM
I think the fellowship collection idea is a good one, but as for the legolas helms deep sword i dont think that would count i mean he picked it up and used it for 3 seconds if that sword would be made it should be made as a rohan warrior sword

KingUnderTheMountain
09-18-2004, 03:47 PM
i love the idea of the aged weapons idea...i think if uc makes a MC ranger sword i will buy it and weather it that would be sweet lookin

Gregorius0202
09-18-2004, 04:18 PM
The Ranger sword is one of my Favorites. It's one of the only non-functional swords of men I could think of buying!

-Gregory-

Sir Tristram
09-18-2004, 06:04 PM
I think the fellowship collection idea is a good one, but as for the legolas helms deep sword i dont think that would count i mean he picked it up and used it for 3 seconds if that sword would be made it should be made as a rohan warrior sword
...I was just trying to maximize the idea....And if we take that tact, Merry and Pippen's Lothlorien Daggers would not be made at all!
See, if they market it and change it ever so slightly from say, a Rohon Warrior Sword, as you say, they milk us twice for basically the same sword! It happens all the time in the collectibles market.

Gregorius0202
09-18-2004, 06:10 PM
I don't think both swords would be too popular. And it wouldn't be wise to make two such closely related swords before things like scabbards for existing swords, other famous stand out weapons, and things to that effect are done first.

Sure, they could milk us for both of them, but people wouldn't be pleased that they didn't get our money from swords like Faramir's or The Witch King's helmet first!

-Gregory-

Sir Tristram
09-19-2004, 11:33 AM
...I also didn't request they do it now. I was just thorwing ideas out there for future releases when this thing is winding down!

Whenever a line is winding down companies always try to milk what they can out of the last few assortments. This should be no different. When the license of up or when there simply are no more sowrds to make, that is the time to reinvent some that are already out there, by distressing the same swords are just simply naming them something or someone else's.

I see nothing wrong with that, per se. It is simple marketing tactic. I always bite, too....like a ravenously, starving fish! :eek:

Swordsman
09-19-2004, 12:13 PM
...I also didn't request they do it now. I was just thorwing ideas out there for future releases when this thing is winding down!

Whenever a line is winding down companies always try to milk what they can out of the last few assortments. This should be no different. When the license of up or when there simply are no more sowrds to make, that is the time to reinvent some that are already out there, by distressing the same swords are just simply naming them something or someone else's.

I see nothing wrong with that, per se. It is simple marketing tactic. I always bite, too....like a ravenously, starving fish! :eek:
With respect to your opinions here I see no slowing down of new releases for at least two to three years. It is gong to take that long for United to make only what they have already announced they are going to make. Then they plan on going back and making the things that were missed like the hobbit weapons etc. I see no reason for for us not to see lots of new and inovative releases coming out for the next two or three years. And remember the movie "The Hobbit" will most likley be out by then to help stimulate all three movies again.

Arathorn
09-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Very true the Lord of the Rings franchise with or without the release of the hobbit in the near future is going to be with us for years to come. (hopefully) :D

Gregorius0202
09-19-2004, 03:48 PM
This'll last a while, for sure... But I must admit this, as of right now, the most exciting non-UC official release I'm waiting for currently is the Windlass Mithril shirt, something I hear they're tryin' to figure out currently..!

-Gregory-

Gilgalad-2490
09-19-2004, 05:10 PM
I can't wait until the hobbit comes out with all new weapon products :D , i just hope U.C dosn't forget about finishing the lord of the rings products line *aeglos* (i always sneak it in somewhere :p ).....sorry for getting of subject

Sir Tristram
09-19-2004, 05:40 PM
With respect to your opinions here I see no slowing down of new releases for at least two to three years. It is gong to take that long for United to make only what they have already announced they are going to make. Then they plan on going back and making the things that were missed like the hobbit weapons etc. I see no reason for for us not to see lots of new and inovative releases coming out for the next two or three years. And remember the movie "The Hobbit" will most likley be out by then to help stimulate all three movies again.

...Right...and I as I said, what of after the next 2 or 3 years?
Companies will keep making products as long as people keep buying them....
I actually think that at the rate UC is making these, there is more than enough stuff from the 3 LOTR films to last about another 5 or 6 years....But if the collector-craze is still in full swing (With the possible release of The Hobbit) then they have to brainstorm possible ideas for future releases...
Take for instance, all of the various configurations of Lightsabers on the market...Smae ones, two or three different ways...("As first built by" - which is clean, then the distressed versions, then electric....) the possibilities for profit are enormous!

Sir Tristram
09-19-2004, 05:47 PM
I can't wait until the hobbit comes out with all new weapon products :D , i just hope U.C dosn't forget about finishing the lord of the rings products line *aeglos* (i always sneak it in somewhere :p ).....sorry for getting of subject
Just to side-step with you for a moment...
Where else is *aeglos* spelled 'aiglos' other than in the Weapons & Warfare book? That is the strangest thing I have seen....Is there any official explanation for dilerberately changing the letter from 'e' to 'i' in the name of his Gil-Galad's weapon?
No where in the Silmarillion does it say it is spelled with an 'i'....Why would they do that for the split second of screen time that the weapon had?
I mean, they didn't change 'Sting' to 'Steeng'/'Styng', 'Narsil' to 'Narsyl' or 'Anduril' to 'Anduryl'!! :mad: :confused: