PDA

View Full Version : Museum Collection - What Others Than "Sting"

Elressaer
09-14-2004, 03:17 AM
Hey guys I just want to ask if any of you know what the other MC swords would be ? I've seen posts of saying Glamdring will be in the MC line, but I think some also say Boromir's Sword. Does anyone have a more concrete answer/guess ?

Grima Wormtongue
09-14-2004, 03:33 AM
Boromirs sword will not be madeas of yet. It was a rumer, because our past sponser misunderstood and saw boromirs as a MC collection. It will not be in the MC collection at this point.

As for other swords, id gamble my le anduril that we will see glamdring and anduril, since those are the top sellers. If united will produce more, then we have to wait and see...:D

Gregorius0202
09-14-2004, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't mind Either of those (glamdring and Anduril)... I'm not a huge fan of the human swords, and prefer the elvish and badguy stuff, so Whichever of those two came out first, since I don't like one more than the other, would be the one "good guy" blade I get!

-Gregory-

Aragorn Elessar
09-14-2004, 01:42 PM
The Shards should also come out somewhere down the line, here is what Kit said about it:

"There may be another limited version at some point in the future with real shards from a real blade, not cast. It would likely be in a display case with the Elven cloth so it could be displayed as seen in the film. We are looking at a new limited run collection with real carbon steel blades, distressed and weathered handles, in display cases. In other words, just like the original props. Nothing is confirmed at this point. The shards would be later in the series."- Nasnandos

The Flame of the West
09-14-2004, 04:14 PM
I would love to see the Shards as part of the Museum collection. They will look great in the glass cases that the MC series is coming out in, much better than having them glued to a plaque, although i wouldn't pass on the opportunity to get the current shards :p

Gregorius0202
09-14-2004, 05:49 PM
I couldn't imagine buyin' pieces of a sword if I had a choice, especially knowing it was functional material...

Terrible:\

-Gregory-

Damacleas
09-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Found this on another forum this is direct from kit rae "Sting is coming out first and if that is successful Anduril should follow sometime next year."

Here is the link if you want to check it out: http://www.thefantasyforum.com/showthread.php?p=132476#post132476

Gregorius0202
09-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Well, neat thread! I need to get into that fantasy forum, come to think of it...

'Er, Seein' is believing! If in fact Anduril is the next in the series, I'm actually quite sad AND happy about it at the same time.

I don't care much for the Anduril/Narsil swords, so I probably wouldn't get it, for sure... I'd be much happier with a helmet in any shape or size than either of those... Glamdring, on the other hand, would be very exciting for me, and surprisingly, I also love the Ranger, whose smooth lines are oh so tempting to me...

Those two, or any Elvish blade, would bring home the ticket;)

-Gregory-

Sindamar
09-15-2004, 09:44 AM
It looks like UC are at least considering making Glamdring as part of the MC. If you look at the picture of the MC Sting, you'll see another MC box to the left of the shot. The writing next to Sting runs in three sections - 1st carved runes, 2nd elvish in Englsh alphabet, and 3rd translation into English. Looking at the other box, if you enlarge the photo, you can make out the pattern of lines, which shows its probably for a MC Glamdring. (And, if your eyes are good enough, you can make out the line "Turgon king of Gondolin", which pretty much nails it!)

However, just because they've got a box for one doesn't neccessarily mean that they'll make it... But it's a good sign that they're seriously thinking about it!

Gregorius0202
09-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Yes, that does leave us with a pretty good chance of it! I believe the thread where Kit announced Anduril would probably follow means this may be a while, probably second part of next year, but hopefully it will be sooner...

With the Glamdring scabbard coming out, this would make a find addition to the collection of UC swords I haven't started yet! Hahaha!

-Gregory-

The Flame of the West
09-15-2004, 07:58 PM
I couldn't imagine buyin' pieces of a sword if I had a choice, especially knowing it was functional material...

Terrible:\

-Gregory-

It is not terrible at all. Having the shards made from a functional blade makes sense as, guess what, it was a functional sword before it got broken! You seem to have a pretty obvious negativity toward LOTR swords, yet you post in the LOTR section of the forum, i don't understand that.

Shards would be great UC ;)

Gregorius0202
09-15-2004, 08:37 PM
I post in the Lord of the Rings section because I love the Lord of the Rings weapons and armor.

I am pessemistic towards the collecting of non-functional or non-useful items such as pretty shards merely because that's not a personal thing I'm interested in... Functional weapons, useful for reeactment, cutting testing, live steel combat, or the like are all that I'm interested in.

Also, armor and shields are a great interest of mine as well. To be honest, I have little personal interest in ANY UC products besides these, simply because the quality is not as high as many competitors, even when it comes to their 'functional' weaponry...

I'll note that I stated that I, ME, MYSELF, was against buying shards... Not that other's shouldn't. Everyone likes different things, and many people may believe I'm a fool for only liking functional things! Fine with me, just don't argue about it directed towards me, and I won't feel bothered.

I won't argue that anyone else should or shouldn't buy the Shards, or anything else, for that matter, unless if they want a "functional" or "Historically accurate Ancient Sword" that really is not. Those are two things I'm good at spotting, and I would argue that there are better things to buy!

-Gregory-

Elressaer
09-16-2004, 02:13 AM
I post in the Lord of the Rings section because I love the Lord of the Rings weapons and armor.

I am pessemistic towards the collecting of non-functional or non-useful items such as pretty shards merely because that's not a personal thing I'm interested in... Functional weapons, useful for reeactment, cutting testing, live steel combat, or the like are all that I'm interested in.

Also, armor and shields are a great interest of mine as well. To be honest, I have little personal interest in ANY UC products besides these, simply because the quality is not as high as many competitors, even when it comes to their 'functional' weaponry...

I'll note that I stated that I, ME, MYSELF, was against buying shards... Not that other's shouldn't. Everyone likes different things, and many people may believe I'm a fool for only liking functional things! Fine with me, just don't argue about it directed towards me, and I won't feel bothered.

I won't argue that anyone else should or shouldn't buy the Shards, or anything else, for that matter, unless if they want a "functional" or "Historically accurate Ancient Sword" that really is not. Those are two things I'm good at spotting, and I would argue that there are better things to buy!

-Gregory-
I quite agree with you. I don't know about others, but when I buy a sword, even purely for decorating purposes, I prefer functional swords. I started collecting UC LOTR swords since last year. By then I was still a noob, so when I realized that the UC LOTR swords are not actually functional (after purchasing Uruk-Hai Scimitar, Hadhafang & Glamdring) I stopped collecting UC LOTR altogether. I rather spend double or even triple the money on a functional LOTR sword than just a wall hanger. And I'm not the only one. I personally know many people who are willing and only willing to collect functional swords. So I think UC really made a smart move with the MC line. Well that's just my personal opinion, all comments welcome~

Turgon King of Gondolin
09-16-2004, 07:34 AM
I'd also prefer to have a functional sword, instead of a wall-hanger, though I've Glamdring aand it looks great, but I#d prefer to have a functinal blade.....though I won't be able to do cutting test,'cos if I'd walk around outside with a sword, I'd be arrested.

Buying the MC version of the shards is rather odd (!in my opinion!).....is there really so much difference in the look of the sword?

Gregorius0202
09-16-2004, 09:51 AM
"though I won't be able to do cutting test,'cos if I'd walk around outside with a sword, I'd be arrested"

Where do you live? If it's legal for you to own a sword where you live, if you aren't hurting anyone, you can do anything you want with it on your own property... As far as the USA goes. I live on an acre and a half out in the country, and we're out by lots of farms, so I get to use my swords doin' whatever...:D

-Gregory-

Aragorn Elessar
09-16-2004, 04:44 PM
"though I won't be able to do cutting test,'cos if I'd walk around outside with a sword, I'd be arrested"

Where do you live? If it's legal for you to own a sword where you live, if you aren't hurting anyone, you can do anything you want with it on your own property... As far as the USA goes. I live on an acre and a half out in the country, and we're out by lots of farms, so I get to use my swords doin' whatever...:D

-Gregory-

Well, not for everything. For example, you can't walk around with a gun (in hand or concealed (needs license))

Gregorius0202
09-16-2004, 04:54 PM
If you have a licence, yes. You don't need a licence for blades if they're legal in your state, so, that doesn't really matter;)

-Gregory-

mastersword36
09-16-2004, 07:07 PM
If you have a licence, yes. You don't need a licence for blades if they're legal in your state, so, that doesn't really matter;)

-Gregory- yes, i walk around with my blades every where. I live in the country, away from the city, surounded by woods, plus theres some bamboo close to where I live, test cutting time!:D Also I'm a teenager and no one says any thing about me and my blades, so you should be fine.

Aragorn Elessar
09-17-2004, 04:09 AM
I suppose it really depends on where you live. But even away from a metropolitan area, I can still see a cop coming up and question a guy walking down the street with a sword in hand... maybe that's just me 'coz I've always lived in one metro area or another

Gregorius0202
09-17-2004, 05:00 PM
I suppose it really depends on where you live. But even away from a metropolitan area, I can still see a cop coming up and question a guy walking down the street with a sword in hand... maybe that's just me 'coz I've always lived in one metro area or another
True, it can happen. But if I'm on my property, or other private property where the owner's don't mind me being, then it's perfectly safe (and even safer with the weapon, when you think about it!) I'm sure Mastersword is in the same situation!

-Gregory-

mastersword36
09-17-2004, 07:17 PM
True, it can happen. But if I'm on my property, or other private property where the owner's don't mind me being, then it's perfectly safe (and even safer with the weapon, when you think about it!) I'm sure Mastersword is in the same situation!

-Gregory- yes, same situation here, but the cops are nice. Also no one will mess with me when I have a sword in my hand, I have a reputation of being skilled with a blade:p

Gregorius0202
09-17-2004, 07:59 PM
yes, same situation here, but the cops are nice. Also no one will mess with me when I have a sword in my hand, I have a reputation of being skilled with a blade:p
Because I've never done any real swordplay beyond 'battles' my friends and I have for hours on end once a month or so, I tend not to say that I'm good with a sword. I'm much better (in comparison to most people's skill) with short range javelin throwing, and I love using axes and such things.

But I really like short swords. I need to have a shield to do any good with them in 'combat', though, because my friends tend to use longer swords!

-Gregory-

JustinTD
09-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Ok guys, getting a little off topic here, can we flip this back please?

Gregorius0202
09-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Ok guys, getting a little off topic here, can we flip this back please?
Eek, absolutely right! Partially my fault too. Sorry. (I would say "so sorry!" but that always comes out as sarcasm to me...)

To get back on topic... Anyone wanting to see any non-sword weapons in this series. I've love to have one of Gimli's axes that I could use to chop wood, etc... That would be awesome, and no matter how limited it was, I'll guarentee you mine would see use!

Even cooler would be one of his throwing axes. I always love Frankish Throwing Axes, and at least one of his looks damn similar to them!

-Gregory-

Thorin
09-17-2004, 09:53 PM
I like the idea of adding the axes to the MC list. There are a lot of Gimli fans out there. Maybe they would best wait to see if the hobbit comes out. They'd have plenty of axes to re-create.

Gregorius0202
09-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Sheesh, that'd be a while from now... I've estimated 4.5 years until it hits theatres, at the rate they're plannin' on gettin' King Kong out at! (Late next year)...

But yes, the arms and armor in there will definitely cause rushes of happiness through collectors! I can't wait to see Orcrist, myself..!

-Gregory-

Elressaer
09-18-2004, 03:43 AM
I would like to see other "non-sword" Museum Collection weapons as well. Axes are cool, but I'm more into the Rohirrim Axes. Did you notice the little horse head at the tip of the axe ? Looks really sweet !! Anyways other weapons such as the Gondorian/Rohirrim spears would be cool too, although I don't really care if they are in the MC or the LOTR spear/pike collection

Sindamar
09-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Sheesh, that'd be a while from now... I've estimated 4.5 years until it hits theatres, at the rate they're plannin' on gettin' King Kong out at! (Late next year)...

But yes, the arms and armor in there will definitely cause rushes of happiness through collectors! I can't wait to see Orcrist, myself..!

-Gregory-I noticed something in the EE of FOTR yesterday... when Frodo is at Rivendell and is looking through Bilbo's book, there are sketches of a couple of swords... one of which is labelled Glamdring, and the other's Orcrist... Might give an idea of what it'd look like (but Bilbo's version of Glamdring is a bit inaccurate, so he's not too reliable!:) ).

Gregorius0202
09-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I've looked at those too. I was going to use the Orcrist to model my Book Version after. I believe Tolkien might have made similiar sketches, so Bilbo's "version" is actually more correct...

The Weta guys just didn't follow the book at all, sadly... They made up EVERYTHING without taking much heed at all from Tolkien!

-Gregory-

not-impressed
09-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Yes, but have you seen the LOTR sword that was released years ago by franklin mint? It had the okay of greg hildebrandt who was the artist for a few tolkein companion books, and it is horrible!!!

Gregorius0202
09-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Yes, but have you seen the LOTR sword that was released years ago by franklin mint? It had the okay of greg hildebrandt who was the artist for a few tolkein companion books, and it is horrible!!!
Lol, well then, I'm glad I didn't see it! I would definitely be 'not-impressed' ;)

-Gregory-

kimani
09-21-2004, 12:24 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing some knives in this (I hope I don't stir up any more conflict) functional collection, seeing as they are more portable and more useful. AHK and LFK would be great tokens of usefulness and remeberance on hikes and what not.

Turgon King of Gondolin
09-21-2004, 12:12 PM
As already mentioned, the knives are usefull, 'cos they're made of a steel, which is good enough for knives (but not for swords). Thus, you could put your AHK, walk around and cut erverything you want (and could with a normal knive)

Gregorius0202
09-21-2004, 05:11 PM
It's just that the steel, when too much is used, is prone to shatter. High Carbon steel is ALWAYS good for blades, but the knives can just do with the current stainless steel, since they're so small.

But the Museum Collection will have High Carbon blades, so if UC properly treats them, we can expect all things in the set to be very functional;)

-Gregory-