PDA

View Full Version : LFK Q's...and scabbards.

Lord Rahl
09-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Aloha everyone, I'm seriously consiering the LFK's for my next UC collection installment (Next to my Staff of Gandalf the White, which is thankfully being replaced by The-Place-That-Must-Not-Be-Named;)" shortly).
And have a few questions about them, and the scabbards.

LFK's:
Are they fully functional knives? Meaning, if you were psychotic enough, you could go on a killing spree with them.
Is that enamel on the blades? If it is, anyones LFK's show any sign of it wearing off?
Are they sharp?
Are they flimsy.
Are they downright, arsekicking, orc stabbin' cool?
Are they worth the $210.00us. +shipping you paid for them, in your opinion? (If it applies)

LFK Scabbards:
Are they flimsy?
Are they totally shveet!!!
Do the knives look awesome with these things on em'?
Does it hurt the knives at all, having them in these?
Are they worth the $130.00us. +shipping you paid for them, in your opinion? (If it applies)

Lol, Thanks a bunch,

GtW

SauronTD
09-10-2004, 05:22 PM
They are very much worth it. Though I dont know where they cost that much. They are sharp but I wouldnt recommend using them. They look great in the scabbards too. The scabbards are hard and not flimsy at all. Hope that helps.

King Elessar
09-10-2004, 05:44 PM
There have been some reports of the etching on the blade wearing off but,it has been 1 in a 1,000.Nothing to worry about.This is a great piece to add to anyones collection.

Gil-Galad
09-10-2004, 05:47 PM
I just got mine and I have to say that they are worth every penny.

Lord Rahl
09-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Rubbing off, uh oh...
Well, you make a good point with the 1 in 1,000 tging, I dont really see anyone posting "OH NO, MY LFK'S ARE RUINED!!!".
I guess that my White Staff incident has me a little etchy about UC..(Why would they continue to sell them with such a huge flaw...).

Gilgalad-2490
09-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I just ordered these knives from "the place that must not be named" and i think they are worth every penny

Grima Wormtongue
09-10-2004, 08:45 PM
As for fully functional, I wouldnt say that they would be more like semi functional to fully functional. The blade material is made of stainless steal, but because they are 'knives' they can still be used for cutting etc which wouldnt put alot of pressure on the blade. You just really cant start whacking trees/people/rocks etc:D

These knives are buetiful, and i hope to have them in my collection soon.

Ender
09-10-2004, 09:07 PM
My Fighting Knives were worth every penny. The etching on mine are flawless and has yet to rub off. Also, my knives are extremely sharp on the tips and moderately sharp on the sides. Thier deffinetly not flimsy. They are pretty sturdy in my opinion.

"Are they downright, arsekicking, orc stabbin' cool?"
You bet.:D

Estar
09-10-2004, 10:17 PM
My knives are far from flimsy, and like Ender said, are very sharp at the ends and moderately sharp on the sides.. The engravings are super cool and 3 months after getting them (and counting..), there has still been no sign of discolouring..

I fully encourage killing sprees and orc arse-kicking. :D

The scabbards didn't impress me as much as the knives did... First you had to solve the problem of displaying them properly (and separately from the knives), then you have the deal with the extremely tight fittingness that had to have me PUSH or PULL my daggers in/out, instead of just sliding them (maybe it's just a matter of seasoning? But it's already 3 months...). I am actually quite worried when i push or pull my daggers in and out of the scabbard, i hear scary contact sounds between the dagger and the scabbard. However, after 3 months of inserting and removing, no sign of damaged has been observed. The scabbard are definitely SHWEET to look at and cool when the knives are inserted...

GTW, the knives are definitely worth every penny. Only get the scabbards if you have too much money to spend or you just totally absolute adore it..

CHeerS! :cool:

Lord Rahl
09-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Hmm, after everything you guys have told me, one thing still bothers me...
The color of the handles is one of the colors that I personally HATE, they are very beautiful...but the color bugs me.

Gil-Galad
09-10-2004, 10:58 PM
i thought the same thing utill i got them. now they don't bother me very much at all. Once you get the knifes it is no big deal. Am I correct?

Estar
09-11-2004, 04:31 AM
Actually.. It didn't really bother me at all from the beginning..

I put it this way: the colour in the pictures provided is wrong!! After all.. this colour IS technically accurate...

Gilgalad-2490
09-11-2004, 09:22 AM
before i purchased i searched the gallery for pictures and i found good pictures of the L.F.K and after a while the color grew on me

V34
09-13-2004, 03:17 PM
I saw the fighting knifes in person at the LOTR exhibit in Boston. The real
ones look exactly like the ones UC made. The handle color, leaf design, leaf color, the etching and etch color. The scabbards that UC made match to about
90%. The scabbards in the exhibit were dark brown like the UC ones but weren't
leather wrapped. They were just dark stained wood it seemed. The knifes are exact though.

SwordLover
10-04-2004, 02:40 PM
i may have put this in the wrong section but did anyone have a problem putting the knives in their scabbards

Estar
10-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Yes it's kind of difficult to place the knives in... as with the sting scabbard as well.. I would think that its because the structure of the scabbard is not wholly fixed like wood... it's kevlar... So no sliding in quickly... But pushing or pulling them in and out... I have to admit that it's very unproductive if ever these were brought into battle.. LOL.. Oh well, its supposed to be a REPLICA.

Urambo Tauro
10-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Kevlar? Really? I guess I just assumed it was wood because UC1366 was made of wood (and metal and leather...yah yah- I mean the main body of the scabbard;)).