PDA

View Full Version : L.F.K vs. A.H.K

Gilgalad-2490
09-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Hi i need some help, I've saved up enough money to buy my second Lord of the rings U.C piece, right now the choices are the Legolas fighting knives or the Aragorn hunting knife, my only sword now is Glamdring, can everyone give me there opinion on which i should get first and if you own one of the pieces can you tell me anything i might want to know and also how long does it take to recieve the L.F.K, i heard it takes quite a while, the one i don't get know i'll eventually get

Gil-Galad
09-08-2004, 06:22 PM
I would say go for the LFK. They are very nice knifes IMO. I don't know why but I just like them better.

Grima Wormtongue
09-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Youve got yourself a hard choice:eek:

We can say this, glamdring is an elvish weapons, and so are both the knives that you chose. there both new items .for you id go for the legolas fighting knives right now, but thats just my opinion.

King Elessar
09-08-2004, 06:37 PM
The time issue with the Legolas Fighting Knives is about over as most retailers are getting near to filling their orders,so dont worry about that.I would have to say Legolas Fighting Knives.That way you get the main weapon of another Fellowship member and are closer to completing the Fellowship Collection.Plus you get 2 knives;) .

Thorin
09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
There are other paths that we might take...

Why not go for another sword? Anduril is a great piece, and feels good in your hands. The Witchking's sword is also a great sword. Glamdring and the Witchkings would look nice together... especially for RoTK... when they have their little face off dealy.

Ultimately... the choice is yours :)

The Flame of the West
09-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Legolas' Fighting Knives :) I think they are wonderful. Thorin raises a great point though, about Anduril. You just can't beat it to be honest, a simply magnificent weapon

Gilgalad-2490
09-08-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm actually getting hadafang (a late presesnt from my dad) and i was thinking that it was time to get some kind of a dagger

Gillad
09-08-2004, 08:22 PM
I bought the AHK because it was on sale. I got the AHK first simply because the oportunity was there to save about $30 and they were in stock.

Also the first batches of LFKs have brown handles, that didn't match the pictures UC released for the item. I thought it was some kind of mix up with the color. Having seen some gallery pictures of the different LFK props from the movie, I now see that they did have different colored handles from movie to movie. I will probably wait for the Andruil scabbard to come out, and then get the LFKs and their scabbards at the same time.

Either way, you can't go wrong with items.

Arathorn
09-09-2004, 06:33 AM
Aragorns hunting knife all the way!!

I just got this recently, i'd already had the fighting knives and i can say i definitely prefer the AHK.
Plus you get to have a free scabbard ;)

Damacleas
09-09-2004, 10:15 AM
That's a tough choice! I would have to say LFK would be the first choice, but AHK is a very nice item as well. However, hands down Legolas' knives just look more impressive on the wall. go with those.

Anduril 101
09-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Aragorns Knife would be my pick. Have you thought about Sting? I still haven't made up my mind but I may get it, depending on how much money I get for Christmas.

Gilgalad-2490
09-09-2004, 04:46 PM
thanks for the advice everyone, it's appreciated, i think i'm going to get the L.F.K first but dont worry i'll get the A.H.K in another month

KingUnderTheMountain
09-09-2004, 08:55 PM
get LFK. get GUD after your get the ranger sword

Foe Hammer
09-09-2004, 10:33 PM
I think you've made a good choice, Gilgalad-2490. You will be very pleased with LFK and they look great on the wall! Congratulations! :)

Gil-Galad
09-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Another good thing about LFK is that you get two knives. i may be wrong but people tend to overlook that part.:p