PDA

View Full Version : Might have a little money coming my way. What blade should I get?

SauronTD
09-08-2004, 01:02 PM
I've narrowed it down to these.

Aragorn's Elven hunting knife
Herugrim
Hadhafang
Sting
Gandalf the White's staff
Or even Kroenen's sword from Hellboy

V34
09-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Hadhafang!! Its a must have..

Elfstone
09-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Aragorn's Knife!!! I just ordered it. It is so awesome. That's what I would get. I mean that's what I got. I thought about Kroenen's sword, but I heard it doesn't spin like in the movies or anything. I woulg go with LOTR, unless Hellboy's your favorite movie.

Gilgalad-2490
09-08-2004, 02:43 PM
I'd go with hadafang or the Aragorn hunting knife there nice blades

The Flame of the West
09-08-2004, 03:05 PM
All the options you have chosen are worthy of your money, but i would narrow it down to the Elven knife, and Herugrim. The elven knife is beautiful to keep it simple, and Herugrim has certainly grown on me. I wasn't sure about it when i first saw it, but now i really like it. i would go for Herugrim :)

King Elessar
09-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Herugrim looks like a magnificent piece but,I think you should get Sting.It is one of the most importan,most recognized and overall one of the most amazing pieces of the collection.

Grima Wormtongue
09-08-2004, 03:37 PM
To make a proper judgment may you please list the swords you already have so we could find the one that will fit good in your collection.

Now, The only advice that i can give you is that herugrim is a "new" sword, so if you dont mind waiting for it, then get it. Herugrim is my favorite sword from the group you listed:)

avalon
09-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Up until recently i would have said to get hadhafang, as i was considering it for my first sword (and still am really)
But i have decided to buy herugrim, as it is another of my favourites and i have now had the chance to see it in more detail.
however, ultimately, the choice is yours.
just be glad that whatever you choose, you will be getting a fine sword!

avalon

Ender
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Out of the choices given, I would go with either Herugrim or Hadhafang. Those are my favorites out of the ones you listed. Herugrim is one of my top favorites because of its uniqueness in the collection, the horse crossguard in brass. A very nice sword. Hadhafang is the most beautiful sword in the collection thus far, in my opinion. With the gold elvish writing going down the blade and the curving blade and handle; you can't go wrong with this one. An honorable mention would be the Elven Knife. Its really cool and comes with the scabbard. So thats a big plus. Any of these three, I think would be good choices for your collection.

Erkenbrand
09-08-2004, 10:56 PM
i would also have to say either Herugrim or Hadhafang, they are my favorites out of the listed...my top choice would have to be hadhafang becuase it really is the most beautiful of the swords in the collection due to its elvish design.

SauronTD
09-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Its so tough to decide. Herugrim is way up on my want list,but then again so are the others. I guess I'll wait and see how much money I'll have. Should know tomorrow. Then I'll decide.

Lord Rahl
09-08-2004, 11:13 PM
May I suggest the very item I will be recieving tomorrow? (See sig)

Seems its not a very popular item, seeing as nobody even remotely mentioned it...ROFL.

Thorin
09-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Another option you consider if looking into pre-ordering one of the lovely limited edition items... Saurons helm... Gauntlet.. the Eleven Warrior helm etc. Those are all coming... but if youd like my opinion on the swords you've listed... I'd have to say Sting. It is a major piece of any collection. I hope to own it myself soon too.

SauronTD
09-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Another option you consider if looking into pre-ordering one of the lovely limited edition items... Saurons helm... Gauntlet.. the Eleven Warrior helm etc. Those are all coming... but if youd like my opinion on the swords you've listed... I'd have to say Sting. It is a major piece of any collection. I hope to own it myself soon too.To be honest I for some reason arent very big on pre-ordering. I've only every pre-ordered something once. But rest assured I plan on getting the Elven Helm and sheild. Saurons Mace is the only thing I relly want from his line.

Durthang
09-09-2004, 03:57 AM
My Herugrim came two days ago and it is absolutely stunning - if it's possible it actually looks better than the photos! Trust me, you would not be disappointed.:D

Damacleas
09-09-2004, 10:09 AM
I would also have to recommend Herugrim, I received mine about a week ago, it is magnificent. If you'd like a full sized sword Glamdring is a great one, it is well-balanced compared to the others, and is just a sharp looking sword. Hadhafang is a nice piece, definitely worth having, but I think Herugrim and the wall mount looks better. The staffs are having problems with paint coming off, I've ordered Gandalf's twice, and have to send it back again cause the paint falls off. I'd wait until they get this prob worked out before ordering. I think Saruman's staff is more impressive anyway.

Gil-Galad
09-09-2004, 09:39 PM
I would say Herugrim too. i really don't know why I like it so much, but it is very beutiful from the pictures.

SwordLover
09-09-2004, 10:01 PM
get the hunting knife it is the best one i think

Foe Hammer
09-09-2004, 11:06 PM
Of the LOTR items you listed I have all but Gandalf's staff. I suggest that if you have enough money, get Herugrim. If you don't have enough money, beg and borrow until you you get enough and get Herugrim. The pictures you have seen do not do it justice. Once you hold it in your hand, you will know you made the right choice. This is not to diminish the beauty of the other swords/knives you mentioned. I enjoy all of them, but Herugrim is definately the best of the options you listed.

As I've told others who have ask for help in deciding what to buy, just make sure it's what you really want and you will not be disappointed. :)

Gregorius0202
09-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Of the swords listed, I'd say Sting for three reasons:

#1 Importance to the collection
#2 You can get a scabbard for it
#3 It will leave you with more excess money than the others, to spend on something else later:D

-Gregory-

SauronTD
09-10-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm thinking that I will go with Herugrim. I want to get my mom Sting from xmas. Who know I might have enough to get 2 swords. I dont even know how much I'm getting.:D

SauronTD
09-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Well it doesnt look like i'll be getting anything. The money was coming from my grandparents who have given my brother at least 500 bucks in the past couple weeks. I never ask for money and what do I get? 75 bucks. Wont even buy Gandalf's staff.

Gregorius0202
09-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Eek! That sucks..! My grandparents don't favor any of my siblings over me, but I have that problem with my older cousins... They always gave them more money when they were my age...:\ And they lived 200 miles away from them! We live 2 miles away! And my dad does everything for them... runs their farm, everything..! Stupid old people;|

That's too bad about the swords. Just save up!

-Gregory-

Gilgalad-2490
09-11-2004, 04:16 PM
That really sucks, sorry :(, just save up and hopefully you'll be able to get heregrium before christmas

SauronTD
10-05-2004, 02:58 AM
Looks like I will be able to buy my stuff! I sold an arcade machine on an auction site for 350 bucks. I'm going for Herugrim and Gandalf's staff I thing.

Estar
10-05-2004, 06:33 AM
Hey that's great news.. Good choice with Herugrim and GTW Staff. You will surely enjoy them..

Jessehk
10-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Great choice :)

if you have enough however, may I suggest Herugrim and Sting w/ scabbard?

SauronTD
10-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Great choice :)

if you have enough however, may I suggest Herugrim and Sting w/ scabbard?I'm getting Sting for my mom for x-mas for some reason I didnt even think about getting the scabbard.:D