PDA

View Full Version : Where is the real release date???

V34
09-07-2004, 11:41 AM
O.K. I think we have all been patient and they said that there is now a
release date for Saurons helmet. I have heard some things but I still want
a real release date for Saurons helm.. Doesn't anyone else want to know?
So Swordsman let us know! PLEASE!!!!! You said it would be released but
that didn't happen. Whats up?????

The Flame of the West
09-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Very good thread V34, i am dying to know when the helm will be released. it is going to be such a cool product, i just need to know when i can expect mine:)

mastersword36
09-07-2004, 12:34 PM
I haven't seen a picture of saurons helm besides of the movie, could someone post a picture of it? I have seen UC's excellent work on saurons guanlet though, that looks like a really great piece but i probably won't be able to buy it:( .

V34
09-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I haven't seen a picture of saurons helm besides of the movie, could someone post a picture of it? I have seen UC's excellent work on saurons guanlet though, that looks like a really great piece but i probably won't be able to buy it:( .

Here you go!

.http://www.flames-n-knives.com/prodimages/UC1412_small.jpg (http://www.flames-n-knives.com/proddetail.asp?prod=UC1412&cat=13)

mastersword36
09-07-2004, 03:01 PM
That helmet looks really, really awesome.
UC is really doing great on this sauron collection!, and christmas is coming... he he he.

Flame Of Udun
09-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Well im as eager as everybody else about these dates.

Think UC is a bit cruel and foolish not to let us customers know about the progress.....cmon were dyin for these stuff.

I have both the helmet of sauron and his gauntlet on pre order......
and i wanna have em on my mantle pice faster than you can say Gollum Gollum.

And UC hmmmm a Mithril shirt would be a definite collerctors item!!!

Flame Of Udun owner of Anduril LE 135 and shards of narsil, sting, strider, glamdring, and legolas swords...

The Flame of the West
09-07-2004, 07:44 PM
And UC hmmmm a Mithril shirt would be a definite collerctors item!!!

Sorry to disappoint, but since it appears you didn't know, UC has already stated that they will make no armour (excluding the gauntlet for the Sauron collection). This is pretty sensible, since armour is not in their line of work, they are called United "Cutlery" afterall ;)

Sir Tristram
09-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Armor & Costumes = Museum Replicas.

....and yes, Armor includes Mithril....
They officially have the rights to tool around with it and see what happens...
And they will.

King Elessar
09-10-2004, 08:16 PM
As far as I know,United doesn't give concrete release dates,at least,not to the public.All they do is say the time in which the date is,this case being,Fall 2004.Just hang on everyone,I'm sure will start seeing them sometime in October.I hope.

not-impressed
09-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Sorry to disappoint, but since it appears you didn't know, UC has already stated that they will make no armour (excluding the gauntlet for the Sauron collection). This is pretty sensible, since armour is not in their line of work, they are called United "Cutlery" afterall ;)
Um, the helms and shields are armour too

The Flame of the West
09-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Um, the helms and shields are armour too

That is a fair point, but the armour people want to see is the armour i was talking about, things such as Sauron's and Aragorn's full body armour. I apologise, i should have been clearer first time around.

The Flame of the West
09-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Why oh why are we yet to receive an official release date for Sauron's helm?? I had hoped that Mr Bates would shed some light on this when he gave us all that delightful info on what to expect in the future LOTR line, but he never did :(
It is less than half a month until October is upon us, can we expect it then? Or even later??

Alcfalath
10-07-2004, 09:57 AM
I got an email a while ago now, an official email froma friend of mine.
Generally if an item has a UC Number its going to be made.

In it stated; "MYTHRIL (shirt of Frodo)!!!!! UC1399 suggested retail $498.99 (may be limited edition, not sure yet)."

Unknown date of release

Swordsman
10-07-2004, 11:48 AM
I got an email a while ago now, an official email froma friend of mine.
Generally if an item has a UC Number its going to be made.

In it stated; "MYTHRIL (shirt of Frodo)!!!!! UC1399 suggested retail $498.99 (may be limited edition, not sure yet)."

Unknown date of release

I restored your post about the mythril shirt because even though United has said they will not make this I feel it is a subject that can be discussed. And there is nothing wrong with that. OF course this is only my opinion, but I feel that they do have intentions on making this product, for various reasons. I just feel that when we announced it's release months ago it was just to early, or did not fit into there plans on letting fans know they are going to make this item. LIke I said I have a few reasons I am basing my opinion on this but I have absolutly nothing solid....yet!

But officially everyone at United says that this is not going to be an item in the series of adult collectibles. And that is how it "officially" stands at this point in time.

The Flame of the West
10-07-2004, 04:04 PM
"Oh i get it, don't be hasty" *taps on side of nose*!

GALADRIAL
10-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Hopefully, with all the rumors floating around here, I think people should be seeing their helmets by the end of this month. REMEMBER I said hopefully;)

Swordsman
10-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Sorry guys for the delay in responding, however I have been really busy latly. But the main reason I have not announced any thing on when the helms will be in is because we are not certian yet. We have been told by our field representitive that the helm is due to be here anyday. So anyone who has placed orders with the "unmentionable site" :D should be getting your notices very soon.

Felagund
10-08-2004, 10:09 AM
I know a site which will be getting theirs early next week...

EDIT= I just read that they already got their shipments...

Felagund
10-08-2004, 11:25 AM
not sure if anyone noticed but there pics in the gallery of Sauron's helm...:eek:

Ender
10-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Yes, I saw them. Amazing detail. It looks even better than thier promotion pic. I look forward to hearing from the "unmentionable site". I can't wait to see this in my room.:D Oh, and I like how they chose a black box for the Sauron collection. Its fitting for the Dark Lord.

The Flame of the West
10-08-2004, 12:16 PM
YES!! I ordered from the "unmentionable" site :D This is probably the most excited i have ever been! (maybe i need to get out more) Who cares though, i just can't wait for my Helm!!

The Flame of the West
10-08-2004, 12:27 PM
WHOA. I just looked in the gallery, and those pics are amazing!! I too love the black box for the Sauron Collection, it just makes sense. Just need to breathe...

King Elessar
10-08-2004, 03:39 PM
I agree with you all about the pictures.They are amazing.This is a piece that is deffinetly worth the wait and I am sure it will be an awespring sight.