PDA

View Full Version : Glimpses of new products... and speculations

Seregorn
09-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Go and see this picture!!!! you can see a prototype of Boromir's sword and it's plaque (i think it is), a new noble "museum sting". And i wonder if that little thing in the middle on the left is the EWS "plaque" (its really small but i think it is : ?!!??)

http://ucforums.com/showthread.php?t=1339&page=1&pp=10

Sir Tristram
09-05-2004, 02:18 PM
OK, That does it!

Now I now I hae to have ALL OF THE SWORDS all over again in the MUSEUM COLLECTION!
MAKE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!

I would buy them! I love this stuff! I don't care how long it takes me to get the money, I would love all of them in this line! (The display are cool! Love the box!)

Yes, that does look like a EWS (Katana-style) stand!

MAKE THEM ALL UC!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Tristram
09-05-2004, 02:21 PM
....What's in that Box next to Sting?....EWS? Aunduril? Glamdring? Hmm.....

Who took this picture? Can't they just tell us at least what the other sword is that is set for the Museum Collection that is next to Sting?

Arathorn
09-05-2004, 03:14 PM
boromir's sword looks so good !!!! even though it's a prototype.

I want :) ;) !!!!!

Seregorn
09-05-2004, 04:11 PM
let's continue the speculation about that nice box. yes! sir tristram do you think the background in thoses boxes has a logical link with the sword? we can see the beginigng of har...ondor and the end of umb..ar. I guess gondor in centered in that illustration! Narsil?!! it's indeed one of the big swords...
If that is right the background of sting should mean somthing too... what is written down the box? :confused: wasn' sting made of iron from isengard or somewhere around rohan? but it fun to try finding out! I didnt sleep for a long time so... :( maybe it's bullsh..

oh and thoses pict are from production i think... there are some other new ones on the website, like that high elven shield an helm and more

Sir Tristram
09-05-2004, 05:50 PM
That's a good idea...I don't know, I can't make out much of the map on the other sword....Why make Naril at this point hough, when they can make another Anduril to please those who missed out on the first Limited one...
I assume these Museum Collection pieces will be limited as well!

That would be a good idea for the first two swords in the series....
If they can get two of them out before XMAS....Think about it....
The past trouble with the limited Anudril.....
The ROTK EE DVD being released sometime in December....
The possibility of the entire EE films being re-released for the holidays....

Sting and Anduril make sense as being the first two swords released in that series.

Elladan
09-05-2004, 06:16 PM
I wonder: will the EWS be a Museum Collection piece? Given the difficulties already encountered in making it, I don't see why United wouldn't decide to go all the way and make it full tang, carbon steel.

Regardless, I'm glad to see things are moving along. This Museum Collection is a very cool idea.

Grima Wormtongue
09-05-2004, 06:28 PM
The EWS will probly be full tang, seeing all the single edged blades already are. I dont think United will go all the way, since theve already created there stand:)

Right now im tring to figure out what sword the secont case is for...

Aragorn Elessar
09-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Go and see this picture!!!! you can see a prototype of Boromir's sword and it's plaque (i think it is), a new noble "museum sting".

You mean Noble Collection? Or just using the word noble? Just didn't want those that doesn't know to be confused, it's from United Cutlery.

And isn't this discussion already going on here (http://www.ucforums.com/showthread.php?t=1339&page=1&pp=10)? (that's also where the picture originated) But perhaps this is the more appropriate thread to continue the discussion :)

Gilgalad-2490
09-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Are sting and boromirs sword going to be the only museum collection , i hope not :(, i would love to see hadafang, also i probably missed it but when will this collection be released early 2005?

KingUnderTheMountain
09-05-2004, 08:04 PM
i bet the plaque on the ground is Boromirs sword plaque. it looks just like i thought it would. i was even going to suggest that the boromir plaque resemble the gondorian vambracers and thats what the one on the floor there looks like.

KingUnderTheMountain
09-05-2004, 08:08 PM
also do you think the museum boromir sword will be out before the regular one??

Grima Wormtongue
09-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Im pretty sure the MC boromirs sword was a mistake. Correct me if im wrong though. We only see the display boromirs sword, its not in a case, and infact has its plaque on the floor beside it. I think we all have to reread what Greg Bates said. All we know is that a MC sting will be coming out.

Here, can anyone please tell me where it says Boromirs sword is infact is going to be in the Museum Collection?

http://www.ucforums.com/showthread.php?t=1339&page=1&pp=10

Just because it was on a certain website doesnt mean its true:D

I think we need Mr. Btaes or Kit to clear up 2 things, That there never was a MC boromirs swords mentioned, and what sword the case was for beside the MC sting

Sir Tristram
09-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Sting is supposedly going to be released before XMAS.

They will produce more than Boromir's and Sting....Couldn't someone at UC just tell us what the initial (planned) line up is going to be? ...and what the 'other' sword in the case next to Sting is???

I say Anduril or Glamdring, but I am just hoping for as many as possible!! :p

Gilgalad-2490
09-05-2004, 09:31 PM
i was thinking the same thing grima when boromirs sword is going to be released for the first time wouldn't it come out as a regular sword then be made into a museum collection sword just like sting? i don't think it would first come out as a museum collection....

Aragorn Elessar
09-06-2004, 02:13 AM
I think it's very obvious that the Boromir sword next to the MC Sting is a stainless steel version. Never was it mentioned that the Boromir sword is a MC product. And it's a prototype, which they needed more retooling with, which is what UC has been doing with the regular Boromir sword for a while.

Boromir's sword was mentioned in the same paragraph as the MC Sting because it's in the same picture as the MC Sting, that is all.

And I just cannot think of a reason why they would produce and ship a MC Boromir sword before all the other more significant, and dare I say, more popular swords such as Anduril and Glamdring. I'm also pretty sure that the MC collection of swords are much more costly to produce -- the tooling, the manufacturing, forging (I suppose, since it's carbon spring steel) and so on; Boromir's sword just cannot be the next one coming out after Sting. If I were the people making decisions at UC, I'd first put out a regular version of the sword and test the water on its popularity before committing to make a MC version of it. Why take that rish and put out an MC Boromir, while leaving out the proven fan interest in swords such as Anduril and Glamdring and so on?

Also, Boromir's sword is going to ship in Spring 2005, which doesn't leave much time for other MC swords to come out before it, after Sting comes out at the end of the year, if other swords are going to come out before Boromir's and after Sting and are already almost ready (such as the case next to Sting's).

In all, from every angle you can look at, Boromir's sword is not going to come out as part of the MC collection in Spring 2005 as mentioned on this forum and the other website. It simply makes no sense.

Seregorn
09-06-2004, 03:59 AM
it's Glamdring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you can acctualy really see that this insciption are cirth runes and that the lenght of the words is the same than in the glamdring inscription....
begin comparing from the I, right in the middle: I VEGIL GLAMDRING!!!!:cool:

and i don't think the boromir sword is an MC. grima you're right... why would there be the plaque? MC swords have boxes;)

Valkrist
09-06-2004, 07:22 AM
Speculation is over.

Swordsman already admitted to making a wrongful assumption on the Boromir sword issue by misreading what Greg Bates posted, and thus erroneous information was posted on the website. The Boromir sword in the picture is the prototype for the display, stainless steel version. It is NOT part of the Museum collection.

The description on the website has been corrected to reflect this.

Sir Tristram
09-06-2004, 01:52 PM
I never thought it was Boromir's swords in the MC case anyway! Why the hell would they stand it up in a corner against the wall next to the nice encased Sting and another Case right next to it if that was supposed to be the 'other' MC sword? They wouldn't! They would have just put it in the case if that was it!

OK, so we have Sting and Glamdring coming out first....Weren't they the first two swords released in the regular line? Hmm....A pattern emerging?:confused:

Erkenbrand
09-06-2004, 03:27 PM
i cant wait to get some in this line, but i really dont think im gunna get too many, but i love the casings.

Gregorius0202
09-07-2004, 10:13 AM
I'd personally love to see a functional Elven Warrior Sword with scabbard in this series. Anyone think that's a possibility, based on the current line-up and popularity issue?

-Gregory-

Thorin
09-07-2004, 03:56 PM
At the moment, I would doubt it. It's always an option to do, as they can basically do any of them... Part of the problem with the Elven Warrior sword is that its taken a while produce. They have been working on it for quite a while now. It is a fairly difficult blade to make on its own.

I didn't really like Boromirs sword at first, but I have grown to like it. All swords tend to grow on me. I love the picture of boromirs sword, and I plan on having it in my collection... hopefully on the Fellowship wall.

Gilgalad-2490
09-07-2004, 05:15 PM
I don't think we are gonna expect to see he elven warrior MC or scabbard until a while i mean it didn't even come out yet and swords that have been out for a while like hadafang don't even have a scabbard yet

Gregorius0202
09-08-2004, 12:51 AM
I'm personally leaning towards the small hope that it may be released in the MC series... But that's just my finger's crossed!

-Gregory-

Elressaer
09-16-2004, 04:26 AM
Actually I hope they can release a functional Haldir's Sword. Hadhafang is one of these swords which should be in the hands of ladies while Haldir's Sword is made to be swung around !!

Thorin
09-16-2004, 07:24 AM
Why does everyone seem to think that Hadhafang is a a 'ladies' sword. It was Elronds sword that was used in the last alliance war.

Boromir Of Gondor
09-16-2004, 07:30 AM
in the "History" of this sword, it was originally created for use by a woman. The filmmakers created their own history for this sword, and it was not Elrond's sword. Elrond wielded it yes, but the sword was not made for him. it was made for a woman (possibly Elrond's mother, I am not sure). The blade also features inscriptions which translate to: "this blade is called Hadhafang, a noble defense against the enemy throng for a noble lady." If this is not proof enough this sword was meant for a woman, I do not know what is. Of course this does not matter, as we buy these pieces for their beauty, not to go to war, and even in the heat of battle, I am sure that Gil-Galad would not turn around and laugh saying: "Hey Elrond, you have a ladies sword";).

Seregorn
09-16-2004, 07:59 AM
....Idril, daughter of the king of Gondolin. (Idril i hel en aran Gond dolen) that's the end of the insciption that was planed but not inscribed on the blade.

it was the blade of Idril of Gondolin, the daughter of Turon king of Gondolin. For more details: she was the grandmama of her little elrond and mother of earendil (the grand father of arwen...) :D in my mind it's clear

ryurage
09-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Sorry for beating this into the ground...but here's the geneo-visual:
(the * means this person used Hadhafang according to the movie)
Finwe==Indis
|
Fingolfin==Anaire
|
Turgon==Elenwe
|
*Idril==Tuor
|
Earendil==Elwing
|
*Elrond==Celebrian
|
*Arwen
So going w/ PJ's verisimilar back-story, Hadhafang is strong enough for a man but made for a noble women.

Elressaer
09-16-2004, 12:34 PM
in the "History" of this sword, it was originally created for use by a woman. The filmmakers created their own history for this sword, and it was not Elrond's sword. Elrond wielded it yes, but the sword was not made for him. it was made for a woman (possibly Elrond's mother, I am not sure). The blade also features inscriptions which translate to: "this blade is called Hadhafang, a noble defense against the enemy throng for a noble lady." If this is not proof enough this sword was meant for a woman, I do not know what is. Of course this does not matter, as we buy these pieces for their beauty, not to go to war, and even in the heat of battle, I am sure that Gil-Galad would not turn around and laugh saying: "Hey Elrond, you have a ladies sword";).
Yes, the reason I said Hadhafang is a lady's sword is because of the inscription on Hadhafang itself.

Unicorn
09-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Given that men used swords far more than women, what part of a sword is for ladies?

Sindamar
09-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Given that men used swords far more than women, what part of a sword is for ladies?Nice one! I think that they're implying that, as it was made for a female, it is inherently uncool...
Which, to put it bluntly, is a load of rubbish...
The only sword that I know which says who it was made for is Glamdring... Does Tolkien say anywhere who Sting was made for? Or Narsil? Or Aragorn's Hunting Knife? Or Legolas's White Knives? How, given the fact that swords were made for females (human and elven) in the First Age (and beyond - eg Eowyn), can anyone say that they are more masculine? Or weren't made for girls in the first place?
Just a thought...:)