PDA

View Full Version : Which of Gimli's Axes do you favour?

Boromir Of Gondor
09-02-2004, 06:00 AM
This thread is pretty much dedicated to presenting your opinion of Gimli's axes, and which axe you favour. Not neccessarily which axe you are going to buy, but which you favour. If I could, I would purchase all of them, however I do not think that will be possible. My favourite of Gimli's axes is his Walking Axe. I really like the design on this axe, and the fact that it serves as a walking "stick", to help you on long journeys.

You may also discuss aspects of Gimli's Axes (the designs, etc), without being considered off-topic.

Mithrandir
09-02-2004, 06:56 AM
i voted for his battle axe.

also, Congratulations Boromir on becoming a mod! I knew this was coming!!:D I've been away on vacation and so i have only just found out. I don't know why everything seems to happen while i'm away; i remember Justin being made a mod while i was away last time as well!

Gilgalad-2490
09-02-2004, 12:07 PM
I voted for the battle axe because in helms deep Gimli was truly the master of the axe showing us his cool moves with it :D

The Flame of the West
09-02-2004, 12:17 PM
I voted walking axe, although i do really like the Battle-axe. It's just more practical and still a good looking weapon at the same time. im glad it already has a UC number, so it will certainly be made:)

Ender
09-02-2004, 06:17 PM
I think I like his double sided battle axe the best. I think it is more recognizeable to regular movie goers. If I show the walking axe to my parents I doubt that either would know where it came from, however, I think they would recognize his battle axe immediately.

Grima Wormtongue
09-02-2004, 10:33 PM
I really like the walking axe because it has a double feature.

Though i do like the design of the battle axe:)

Erkenbrand
09-03-2004, 03:54 PM
i like the walking axe, it has more uses and i think it is just a cooler axe

GALADRIAL
09-03-2004, 08:32 PM
I'll Decide When I Have All Three In Hand... Lol

Lord Rahl
09-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Walking Axe all the way. I love it...

Theoden of Rohan
09-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Is it me or does it seem that people really are not that excited about Gimli's axes. If you have read some of my previous posts ,you know I collect swords from NC. I have been thinking about getting my axe from NC, but it only comes with a mount. While UC's comes with a plaque. So I'll be getting my Battle Axe from UC. I hope to get it in time for Christmas, I'll try to do that move that Gimli does on that orc at the Black Gate.

Gil-Galad
09-08-2004, 05:44 PM
I like his walking axe because it isn't as bulky and complex as his battle axe.

King Elessar
09-08-2004, 06:42 PM
I voted for his Battle Axe.Simply because it is his signatureb weapon and the one that has the most use.Plus,it's just gorgeous.

Sworddude
09-08-2004, 09:07 PM
I like them all!!

But I'd have to pick the bearded axe.

GALADRIAL
09-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Is it me or does it seem that people really are not that excited about Gimli's axes. If you have read some of my previous posts ,you know I collect swords from NC. I have been thinking about getting my axe from NC, but it only comes with a mount. While UC's comes with a plaque. So I'll be getting my Battle Axe from UC. I hope to get it in time for Christmas, I'll try to do that move that Gimli does on that orc at the Black Gate.
I already have NC Battle Axe. Needless to say I am very disappointed with it. Please don't waste your money on it. Put your money to good use and get UC axe. Although I don't have UC's yet (it's pre-ordered) it looks 200% better than NC's. As soon as I get UC's axe, I'm taking NC's axe off my wall and chucking it out!

Blackbane
09-30-2004, 09:14 PM
It was hard to vote between the walking axe and battle axe, but in my heart the battle axe won out.

I absolutely loved Gimli's handiwork with the battle axe against the orcs in the dwarven cavern... not to mention the finely detailed blade design.

The only reason the walking axe presented competition was not only its dual purpose but also - if I recall correctly - the only weapon to make contact with the One Ring, only to be itself destroyed.

But if I was not limited to selecting one axe, I would have voted for each one. Each axe has its own special design and characteristic making it unique unto its own. If you haven't guessed by now, I love Gimli's axes and plan to purchase them all - even the throwing axes, if UC puts them out.

Anduril33
05-27-2005, 03:52 PM
well, im now waiting for gimlis walking axe to arrive in a week or so, and i prefer his walking axe cuz its smaller, not as bulky, and you can probably swing it about more easily then the battle axe, lol. cant wait till it arrives!

Foe Hammer
05-27-2005, 11:17 PM
I love both axes so it is hard to choose. However, when it comes down to it, I have to go with the Battle Axe. Every man needs a battle axe in his life . . . if you know what I mean. :rotflol_r

Necromancer
05-27-2005, 11:27 PM
I have both thw Battle and Walking Axes, but I can't wait for the Bearded Axe. It's got a certain irresistable charm. I have to vote for Gimli's Bearded Axe, or Hatchet as you call it. I would have liked to see more of it in the film, but it got destroyed when Gimli tried to smash the ring.

Anduril33
05-28-2005, 10:06 AM
i thought that he used the walking axe to destroy the ring. someone on here said that was one of the reasons he liked the sword, cuz it made contact with the one ring. ill have to go back and check out my dvd again, lol

Foe Hammer
05-28-2005, 10:57 AM
I know he used his Walking Axe during the Warg attack, so I doubt that was the one destroyed when he tried to give the Ring the axe. ;)

Anduril33
05-31-2005, 07:17 PM
well, good news! i just got an email saying that my walking axe will be here by thursay!! 2 more days!! cant wait! i hope its everything ive been hoping for!

The Flame of the West
05-31-2005, 08:21 PM
Congrats Bro! Be sure to take some pics when it arrives :)

Grima Wormtongue
05-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Congradulations, and I agree that we need to see some pics. 2 days is very fast, im surprised how fast shipping is. But it still takes atleast 2 weeks for USPS to ship to canada, and about a week for UPS to ship to canada, and im right at the border. Damn custem delays:(
:cheers:
-wormtongue