PDA

View Full Version : Hadafang

Gilgalad-2490
08-31-2004, 12:18 PM
I've been thinking of getting another sword after I got Glamdring and now I was thinking of getting Hadafang, what are your guys opinion on this sword :confused: do you think it's a girls sword :confused:

Gillad
08-31-2004, 12:22 PM
I have Hadafang and Glamdring. I love them both. I like Hadafang because it is different from the other swords in the collection. As far as it being a girls sword, just remeber Elrond used in the Last Alliance, at the begining of FoTR. You won't regret getting this awsome sword.

Sindamar
08-31-2004, 01:07 PM
Speaking as someone who owns a Hadhafang, I can tell you that the sword is beautiful, but I wouldn't call it a "girls-sword". it's got a fair weight to it, and looks kind of like an Elven version of a katana, with detail on the blade and hilt - its, so far at least, my favourite of the LOTR blades. (The only problem with it is the lack of a wall-mount...)

If you're worried because of the fact that Arwen uses it, and it was originally made for Idril (Elrond's grandmother), I'd say that's a bit shallow. Just decide whether you like it or not.

(Oh, and bear in mind that Elrond didn't think it was too effeminate to use his granny's sword in battle in Mordor... If it was good enough for him...:) )

The Flame of the West
08-31-2004, 01:27 PM
I have held Hadhafang, and it is a wonderful sword; from what i have seen, i would recommend it certainly. I would say it is a "girls sword", simply because it is! It was made for a girl, thereby making it a girls sword. I don't think your ego would lessen any if you decided to buy Hadhafang, and if it did, you would get over it ;)

Legolas
08-31-2004, 01:52 PM
Well since Hadhafang was my first sword and inspired me to start collecting the LOTR Weapons, i would also definitely recommend getting it. It has wonderful elvish patterns on the blade and handle, and is just great to hold.

Also imho, as far as the "girls sword" idea goes: to me the gender link is irrelevant since a cool sword, is a cool sword....:)

Swordsman
08-31-2004, 01:53 PM
Hadhafang is a beautiful sword, originaly made for elrond and Arwen used it after her father passed it on to her. Because of its beautiful curving lines and its user, Arwen, I can see how someone would dub it a feminine sword. But really all elvish weapons have the same looks. Beautiful, natural flowing lines..just like a woman. I mean look at the Legola's Daggers, small, curving lines, yet deady in either a man or a womans hands. These are simply effecient Elvish weapons that can be used by any sex.

V34
08-31-2004, 02:58 PM
Love It. A Beautiful Piece!!!!!

King Elessar
08-31-2004, 03:06 PM
This sword to me is a wonderful piece of art.One of the most astonishing pieces in the collection.It is actually on my top priority list.So I say,go for it.It's also one of the cheapest,alongside Sting and the Uruk-hai Scimitar.

Queen Evenstar
08-31-2004, 03:32 PM
I own Hadhafang and it is a truly beautiful sword, a definite for any collection. About Hadhafang being a girl's sword I don't think that it really matters. Anyway us girls have only two swords that are used by females in LOTR so we have to put up with buying men's. So I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Ender
08-31-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm a proud owner of the Hadhafang. It is easily one of my top favorites. It is also my mom's favorite and the only one she allowed me to display in the livingroom.;) Now, I'll agree that it does have some femine features but so do Legolas' Fighting Knifes. I agree with Swordsmans evaluation of the elvish weapons; natural flowing lines and beautiful. I don't get embarrassed to own a "femine sword". I got it because it looked cool, I love Elvish Weapons, and I needed it to complete my collection. I give very high recommendations for the Hadhafang! You won't regret your purchase.:)

Gilgalad-2490
08-31-2004, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the help everyone i was a little held back from buying it from before because on the blade was inscribed "a noble defense for a noble lady" :( but now i'm just gonna look past it and make it my next and second piece in my collection :D

Thorin
08-31-2004, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't hesitate for 1 minute to buy this sword. If I had the money it would be in my room right now.

Im glad that you decided to look past the whole.. so called "girls" sword. A sword is a sword, and a good sword is a sword... that.... oh forget it. :)

The White Rider
09-01-2004, 02:47 AM
I have Hadhafang and since Elrond weilded this amazing sword at the Last Alliance, I would hardly call it a 'girly' sword. It looks as wonderful in reality as it does on the screen.

Gil-Galad
09-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey man, IMO both the sword and the person who uses it are hott. I wouldn't worry about the whole girly thing at all because the girl who has it kicks you know what! I would say get it and if anyone who says that it is girly, ask them why Elrond uses it.

KingUnderTheMountain
09-02-2004, 11:18 PM
wouldnt it be awesome if Liv came with the sword lol.

or UC could just package an inflatable Liv with it lol

Gilgalad-2490
09-04-2004, 05:38 PM
if that was so i wouldn't hesitate to purchase :D

Damacleas
09-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Hadafang looks just like Haldir's sword only a different handle pattern, so it's not necessarily a girls sword, just an elvish sword. a big version of legolas' knives even. Everyone is always impressed with it when they see it on my dresser, no one has ever said, "that sword looks girly" I wouldn't worry about it.

Silmierama
09-09-2004, 08:06 PM
As a girl who likes swordses, I can say it doesn't really matter. Women buy men's swords, so why can't men buy women's swords? I suppose it's like the whole pants vs. dresses thing. Anyways, as several others pointed out, Elrond didn't consider it to girly to weild in the last alliance. Does a sword made for a women have less overal value than a sword made for a man? A sword is a sword is a sword is a sword.

Estar
09-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Yes i own hadhafang and it's fantastic... My friends will always say that Hadhafang is most beautiful among my collection...

Of course.. My opinions differ.. I love glamdring..