PDA

View Full Version : Legolas Fighting Knives Scabard (s)

Dothael
02-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Is UC planning on ever making Legolas's Fighting Kinves Sacabard(s) or are they not?

Swordsman
02-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Is UC planning on ever making Legolas's Fighting Kinves Sacabard(s) or are they not?
Yes United Cutlery announced almost at the same time they were going to release the Knives that they were going to also release the scabbards for them. They are in the works now. Dont have any dates to give you yet as to when they will make it to the public.

King Elessar
02-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Do you have a picture of the scabbards, Swordsman?

Dothael
02-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Excellent, they will go good with my whole Legolas costume that ive got in the works ;)

dwarf tosser
02-24-2004, 12:26 AM
The plaque directions for my Legolas knives comes with an extention. So When you get the scabbards, you place the extention on and there is enough room to have the knives hanging with the scabbards. There is a small outline pic of the scabbards on the directions.

-dt

Swordsman
02-24-2004, 07:51 AM
The plaque directions for my Legolas knives comes with an extention. So When you get the scabbards, you place the extention on and there is enough room to have the knives hanging with the scabbards. There is a small outline pic of the scabbards on the directions.

-dt
That's cool ! Thanks for the upodate on that we had no idea because we have not gotten our shipment yet for the knives of Legolas

Dothael
02-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Thats prety awesome. Hey Swordsman. Who do you work for? Im just curious?

"WHO DOES NUMBER TWO WORK FOR!" Austin Powers ;)

King Elessar
02-24-2004, 04:40 PM
What material is the scabbard made from?

dwarf tosser
02-24-2004, 05:00 PM
I have a pic of the directions uploaded on to my pictures but i cant resize that bugger! There is no mention of sscabbard material.

-dt

Swordsman
02-24-2004, 05:10 PM
What material is the scabbard made from?
We dont know yet United has not supplied us with the official specs as yet. The Ranger Scabbard was wood covered with Leather. Very nicly done with elvish embossing and in a dark green color to match the hilt of aragorn's sword. I know kit said it would be leather covered but not sure if it will be wood or like sting kevlar inside. We will just have to wait and see.

Swordsman
02-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Thats prety awesome. Hey Swordsman. Who do you work for? Im just curious?

"WHO DOES NUMBER TWO WORK FOR!" Austin Powers ;)
I am actually self employed. I build and design websites. But over the last three years I have developed a working relationship with BLadews because I did his website form the very first one. He had not sold a mickels worh of products on the internet until I introduced him to e-tailing. So to blow my own horn he has went from 0 to over $150.000.00 per year. ANd that is not counting his instore business here at home.

Halbarad
02-25-2004, 11:59 AM
sting... kevlar?! You mean i have a bullet-proof scabbard?! AWESOME!!!

Desert Rat
02-26-2004, 11:38 PM
I am actually self employed. I build and design websites. But over the last three years I have developed a working relationship with BLadews because I did his website form the very first one. He had not sold a mickels worh of products on the internet until I introduced him to e-tailing. So to blow my own horn he has went from 0 to over $150.000.00 per year. ANd that is not counting his instore business here at home.
Well Swordsman, I'm good for at least 1% of your efforts to increase BBB's profit margin....at least over the past year anyway.

Nice work.

Desert Rat.

Cactuskim
04-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Do you have a picture of the scabbards, Swordsman?
Brace yourselves...I have seen a picture and description of the Legolas Knife Scabbards, and they are *BROWN*!!!

They say: " These authentically detailed scabbards are licensed reproductions of the brown leather fighting scabbards prominently featured in ?The Two Towers? & ?The Return of the King? motion pictures, presented by New Line Cinema. United® Cutlery Brands..."

"Reproductions of the *BROWN*?!?!? Leather Fighting Scabbards"?!?!? Have they *SEEN* the Movies???

What the Heck is going on? Why is United Cutlery making them Brown instead of White? I have Seen the scabbards from the movie, and they are *NOT* Brown, they are White!

My Knifes are on the way even as I post this message, and I was very much Hopeing to get the matching Scabbards, But *These* are not a match to the Movie scabbards. I supose that I could get them refinished, but when you are paying over $100 dollars for a couple of pieces of leather with Brass fittings, that really *HURTS*! What Were They Thinking!

Well, I am new to this forum, and I am sorry if I seem to be venting, but I am really shocked at seeing such a hugh divergence from the actual movie Prop in something that is a "licensed reproduction". I hope that I am not out of line, and that I have not offended anyone, since that is not my intentions.

I would love to hear any input from anyone else... Is there anywhere else that I should be writing or posting?

Thank you for your patience.

Cactuskim

Dunedain Ranger
04-12-2004, 10:55 PM
They are brown, these are Legolas Fighting Knives not the white knives the movie used at least two.

Cactuskim
04-12-2004, 11:40 PM
They are brown, these are Legolas Fighting Knives not the white knives the movie used at least two.

Hi Dunedain Ranger...Are you trying to say that they had 2 sets of Scabbards, one in White and one in Brown?

The reason I ask is that I have seen several close shots of the ones that Orlando Bloom Carried in the Movies including one Hi-res shot from the LOTR tour in london, and they were an Antiqued off White. There is also a very good picture of the scabards in extras section of the Extended Edition of Fellowship that shows them as being white. I have seen these off white ones attached to both the mirkwood Quiver, and the Lothlorien Quiver, and I have heard Orlando describe them as 'White'.

I know that there were at least 2 sets of everything because of Stunt doubles etc, but I would have expected them to be identical, not 2 such different colors.

I also understand that Tolken Doesn't describe the Scabards at all, and only gives a rather vague description of the Knife...Long, white, etc. but since these are Movie Replicas, I would expect them to match the movie props.

Have I misunderstood your reply?

Cactuskim

Dunedain Ranger
04-13-2004, 12:38 AM
There is another thread on this but I cant find it. Anyways the prop new line sent UC had brown handles and brown scabbards. In the movie for some reason to describe the mood of the scene they used either the brown or white knives. Apparently Kit said that they might make the white knives and scabbard but limited. Dont ask me why new line did this but trust me your not the only one to get confused here.

Dunedain Ranger
04-13-2004, 12:40 AM
UC makes what new line gives them

Cactuskim
04-13-2004, 01:56 AM
There is another thread on this but I cant find it. Anyways the prop new line sent UC had brown handles and brown scabbards. In the movie for some reason to describe the mood of the scene they used either the brown or white knives. Apparently Kit said that they might make the white knives and scabbard but limited. Dont ask me why new line did this but trust me your not the only one to get confused here.

Thank you for the information Dunedain Ranger... I have never heard that before. The Knifes that UC is listing as 'Legolas Fighting Knifes' have very light handels in the Pictures... I am sure that you have seen the pictures... they appear to be the same as the pictures in the Extras of the DVD, and the ones in the LOTR tour. They also look the same as the Light color that I recall seeing sticking up behind Legolas' back thruout the movies. I don't ever recall having seen Dark handels when watching the movies, and I have seen them an embarasing number of times. ;p Oh well, I guess that I now have an excuse to go watch them again. LOL

As for the Scabbards, since they are stuck between his back and the Quiver the whole time, they may very well have done what you described, but since they are not really visable, you really have to wonder why? It seems really silly to me. Oh well I'm not going to second guess PJ. :D

I am currently at the top of the Que to recieve my Knifes from the next shippment, and if they come in significantly darker than pictured, I will be sure to post and let you know... If they come in the color shown in the pictures, then I am not sure how much Whiter they could make them for a Limited edition. The picture and description of the knifes sound pretty white to me. Your right, It is very confusing.

If you ever find that thread that you mentioned, please let me know. As a history major, and a LOTR nut, I love to research and dig up all the information that I can about this stuff, and I am getting very excited about getting my knifes soon! :)

Thank you again.

Cactuskim

Boromir Of Gondor
04-13-2004, 06:08 AM
Yes, a member posted a picture of the Scabbards, rigged onto the plaque. The pictures were photoshopped, but Swordsman asked Kit Rae if they were going to actually look like that, and if the pictures were Official. Kit rae said that they were, and i have uncluded the npicture of the Scabbards. I believe Legolas had them in The Two Towers, and The Return Of The King.

Mithrandir
04-13-2004, 06:29 AM
concerning the colour of the handles on the knives they appear to be white in the movies but the reproductions by UC have golden yellow handles.

there has been some controversy and argument over whether this makes the reproduction by UC accurate but that is what they have made and so theres nothing we can do about it now. They must have made the knives like this for some reason but for further info we will have to ask swordsman, cos i am now confusing myself!:D

Swordsman
04-13-2004, 08:14 AM
concerning the colour of the handles on the knives they appear to be white in the movies but the reproductions by UC have golden yellow handles.

there has been some controversy and argument over whether this makes the reproduction by UC accurate but that is what they have made and so theres nothing we can do about it now. They must have made the knives like this for some reason but for further info we will have to ask swordsman, cos i am now confusing myself!:D
THe picture you see above is official. OUr pics witll be up on the site today sometime. There is a bit of a surprise that will go along woth them. I will keep you posted when they go up.

V34
04-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Just a bit of info on the scabbards. These are exactly like the ones
used in the TT movie @ helms deep. I did not believe it at first so I
had to do some research. And to my amazement they are exact
replicas of the ones he used @ the battle of helm deep. I went to a
site that had pics from the LOTR museum and there they were. So I
am not disappointed at all. They are gorgeous...

Nice Job UC!!

From what I hear. The white ones will come later.

Boromir Of Gondor
04-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Yes, the Movie prop's handles were actually yellow(as i believe), and with special effects andlgihting, they made the knives handle's appear to be white. Swordsman, i think it is great that the scabbards for the knives will be posted sometime today on BBB site.

Cactuskim
04-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Just a bit of info on the scabbards. These are exactly like the ones
used in the TT movie @ helms deep. I did not believe it at first so I
had to do some research. And to my amazement they are exact
replicas of the ones he used @ the battle of helm deep. I went to a
site that had pics from the LOTR museum and there they were. So I
am not disappointed at all. They are gorgeous...

Nice Job UC!!

From what I hear. The white ones will come later.

Hi V34, I would you mind letting me know where you found the info on the brown scabbards in TT movie. I would love to check it out. BTW, Although I was a little put off at first when I saw a color on the scabbards that I thought was wrong, I have to agree, that the design is beautiful, and now that I hear that they did it in brown for the movie also, I am think that I will probably be buying them.

Cactuskim

Cactuskim
04-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes, the Movie prop's handles were actually yellow(as i believe), and with special effects andlgihting, they made the knives handle's appear to be white. Swordsman, i think it is great that the scabbards for the knives will be posted sometime today on BBB site.

Hi Boromir of Gondor. When I watch the movies, I have always thought that the handles looked what I would call a 'Dark Antiqued White' (White with alot of yellow and brown in it) which is consistant with the color show in the pictures that UC is showing. I always thought that the color was very well done since Tolken mentions that the handle on Legolas' knife was Ivory. Since Legolas is an elf, it is reasonable to assume that his knife would be quite old, and Ivory turns that Yellowish/Brownish white as it ages, especially if exposed to the oils in Skin. Can't wait to get mine! :)

Cactuskim

Ps... What is the "BBB site" ?

Durthang
04-14-2004, 03:35 AM
Ps... What is the "BBB site" ?
follow this and all will be revealed- http://www.bladesbybrown.com/lotr.html

I seem to recall reading somewhere that there might be a way of displaying the scabbards alongside the knives instead of actually on them (as per some product shots). Does anyone know if this is true? Otherwise I don't personally see the point of buying them as I would prefer to be able to see the blades of my Legolas knives, and I read somewhere that keeping the scabbards on for extended periods can actually be bad for the blades.

Swordsman
04-14-2004, 04:10 AM
follow this and all will be revealed- http://www.bladesbybrown.com/lotr.html

I seem to recall reading somewhere that there might be a way of displaying the scabbards alongside the knives instead of actually on them (as per some product shots). Does anyone know if this is true? Otherwise I don't personally see the point of buying them as I would prefer to be able to see the blades of my Legolas knives, and I read somewhere that keeping the scabbards on for extended periods can actually be bad for the blades.
The plaques are made to adapt to display either just the knives or knives in scabbards. You do have a choice.

Durthang
04-14-2004, 07:05 AM
The plaques are made to adapt to display either just the knives or knives in scabbards. You do have a choice.
In that case definitely worth buying :D. I don't really care about the 'colour' issue, they look nice, and should actually be quite a good match for the Aragorn Knife sheath (I will display them side by side)

Master Dwarf
04-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Ok, to finish the controversy about Legolas knives, there were indeed two types used in the films.

This photographs are from the LOTR exhibit and you can clearly see that there are two sets with different colors, the set on the left being the one UC is putting out right now.

Hopefully, this will help end the posts about the knives and scabbards being the wrong color.

DISCLAIMER: The image on the left is copyright Steve Javor and is used for comparison only.

Vasilios son of Evdoxios
04-15-2004, 11:29 PM
why did they pick the brown ones and not the white. no offence its great to see the scabbards but i have know legolas as haveing white knives the reason why they are called this is also from the scabbards. just wanted to get it out but i am still happy there are scabbards.

Boromir Of Gondor
04-16-2004, 09:02 AM
New Line Cinema gave United Cutlery the TT and ROTK brown scabbards, therefore the replica that United Cutlery is making is going to be the Brown Scabbards.

Vasilios son of Evdoxios
04-16-2004, 03:28 PM
ok thats fine and thanks for answering too. Gotta love LOTR!!!

New Line Cinema gave United Cutlery the TT and ROTK brown scabbards, therefore the replica that United Cutlery is making is going to be the Brown Scabbards.

Elladan
04-16-2004, 05:04 PM
As for the scabbards, I think I've found the 'surprise' Swordsman was alluding to...

Notice the picture on BBB's website. Along the bottom there's a closeup of the gold collar of the scabbards, and to the right are the words, "Collar Back Doubles as a Belt Clip".

Hmmm... does this mean we'll be able to wear the scabbards at our sides? Or better yet, loop belts around our torsos and wear them on our backs? :D

Swordsman
04-16-2004, 07:00 PM
As for the scabbards, I think I've found the 'surprise' Swordsman was alluding to...

Notice the picture on BBB's website. Along the bottom there's a closeup of the gold collar of the scabbards, and to the right are the words, "Collar Back Doubles as a Belt Clip".

Hmmm... does this mean we'll be able to wear the scabbards at our sides? Or better yet, loop belts around our torsos and wear them on our backs? :D
Thats the idea, what do yaou think.

Vasilios son of Evdoxios
04-20-2004, 05:10 PM
how would u be able to loop them around your torso i am confused.

Gūd Daedheloth
04-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Like Legolas used, you could have one strap going around your chest and another coming from it going around one shoulder.

Boromir Of Gondor
04-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Thats the idea, what do you think.

Good idea. So people can mount it on their backs just like in the movies, and they can also wear it at the side?

King Elessar
04-21-2004, 02:52 PM
What I really like about this scabbards is the fact that you can display them on the plaque with the knives.Also,the elven motifs on them are really cool.

Boromir Of Gondor
04-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Yes that another one! the plaque comes with an extension so that it can snuggly fit the two scabbards. UC thought ahead.

Gūd Daedheloth
04-22-2004, 06:23 PM
I would rather have a display for the scabbard(s) not on the knives, like Aragorn's knife display.

Necromancer
04-30-2004, 12:13 AM
I would rather have a display for the scabbard(s) not on the knives, like Aragorn's knife display.
I would put one scabbard on the back knife and leave the front knife without the scabbard. That way you can see the scabbard and the blade detail at the same time

Cactuskim
05-06-2004, 08:07 PM
I would put one scabbard on the back knife and leave the front knife without the scabbard. That way you can see the scabbard and the blade detail at the same time

thanks for a great Idea necromancer, I hadn't thought of doing it that way. :) Yesterday, I decided to pre-order the scabbards, even though I was still on wait list for the knifes, and this morning I got an email notification that MY KNIFES HAVE SHIPPED!!! *HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPY*

Cactuskim

Krem Uliks
05-10-2004, 05:01 PM
How's UC on keeping their shipping dates? For example, the scabbards say they will ship in August on the BBB site. Does this really mean August, or later? Or are they pretty good about coming through on time?

JustinTD
05-10-2004, 05:47 PM
As you are a new member to the forums, please allow me to welcome you. Also, let me advise you to read the rules before posting. Rule #6 specifically deals with release dates discussions. You have not violated the rule yet, but this thread is on the line, and I am cautioning those who reply to check the rule before posting.

As far as release dates go, if they don't come from Swordsman or from Kit Rae (Nasnandos), then consider it to be a rumor and dismiss it. When official dates are available, they will be posted.

Sponge
05-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Are these scabbards just decorative, or do they actually have belt loops on so they can be worn properly?

Swordsman
05-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Are these scabbards just decorative, or do they actually have belt loops on so they can be worn properly?
The brass par of the scabbard, or throat, will doulbe as a clip the will hold the scabbard to a belt or quiver.

Vasilios son of Evdoxios
05-19-2004, 12:43 AM
They made a belt to fit strider's sword and knife will they do the same for the blades so we can wear them just like legolas.

Desert Rat
05-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Well, I received a message from BBB.....my Legolas Fighting Knifes Scabbards are shipping tomorrow......BOOYAAAH.

Pics next week......

dr

BZLuck
05-21-2004, 01:35 AM
Excellent!

Can't wait to see pics. Wish they were more "white" like the actual props, but it will be interesting to see what you think of them.

Krem Uliks
05-21-2004, 12:16 PM
Awesome! When did you order the scabbards? I paid for mine in full on April 19th, and I am desperate awaiting my shipping notice.

Desert Rat
05-21-2004, 03:16 PM
I ordered on 4/15/04.....you should be very close to next.

dr

Valkrist
05-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Well, I received a message from BBB.....my Legolas Fighting Knifes Scabbards are shipping tomorrow......

Pics next week......

dr
Is this correct? No offense but I find these news improbable at best. They are still a preorder item and there has been no official release date announced, only a speculative one. I also find it strange that there has been no news of this either on the website or on the Forum regarding this item's sudden arrival. I'll wait to hear it from Swordsman or Kit Rae before I believe it.

Mithrandir
05-21-2004, 06:41 PM
yes. i thought that it would still be a while before even the pre orders start to ship.

Desert Rat
05-21-2004, 07:47 PM
The e-mail notice appears authentic and is just like the previous ones I have received.....and I have received quite a few from BBB. It usually takes less than 10 days shipping so hopefully end of next week or first of the week after will decide all.

dr

Desert Rat
05-22-2004, 12:56 AM
I have a UPS Shipping Notification and tracking ID number.....looks authentic to me. Currently, they are in transit to Hodgkins Il. Due to arrive May 28th.

dr

Valkrist
05-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Don't get me wrong... I find the news as exciting as you do, if for no other reason than that it means the rest of us will be receiving this item soon also. I just find it strange that there was no announcement anywhere, and that this item just simply arrived from UC out of the blue. Pre-orders for it have only been available for just over a month now, but no release date was set in stone for it, and it is unheard of for UC to have something done so quickly, especially given all the production problems and delays lately.

JustinTD
05-23-2004, 12:09 AM
These are arriving in limited numbers... thats about all I know.

Desert Rat
05-23-2004, 12:30 AM
The BBB site does say that they will be available May 2004. I haven't had any false notifications yet. Next friday will tell.

dr

Estar
05-23-2004, 02:30 AM
Pardon me, but aren't they already many pictures of LFK in the forum galleries?

Estar
05-23-2004, 02:31 AM
Oh dear me how did the word 'Scabbards' evade my eyes...

Haha so apologetic for the wrong reply..

Swordsman
05-23-2004, 06:40 AM
We got in only 10 of the 100 or so we have on order the rest is still on backorder. All 10 of those were shipped to pre-order customers. We are expecting more in in a few days.

Valkrist
05-23-2004, 07:12 AM
Thanks for confirming that, Swordsman. Wow... things are rolling right along at UC. :)

Vasilios son of Evdoxios
05-26-2004, 07:33 PM
I just got the scabbards and they are coo but a pain in the *** to display. When u get them u will know what i mean. Other than that they are perfect and for the people who wanted the white version these are not bad at all.

Jessehk
05-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Just thought I'd attach an image of 1 knife with it's scabbard.

enjoy!

http://www.cbswords.com/images/UC1381LTNBback.jpg

Valkrist
05-27-2004, 05:15 AM
Vasilios, mine will take a while to arrive. Why don't you enlighten us as to the exact nature of the difficulty in displaying them? Perhaps we will not have the same problem...

Cactuskim
05-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Hi, I just got my scabbards, and they are fantastic! very well done. :)

I actually like the way the knifes look on the wall plaque without the scabbards... those blades are just too beautiful to cover up... so I am trying to think of a way to display them seperately. but I am not sure what I will do yet. If anyone has any ideas, speak up, and If I come up with something good, I will post a picture.

Cactuskim

Valkrist
05-31-2004, 03:10 AM
I agree... I don't really understand why UC went this route with the Legolas Scabbards. The Knives should be displayed in all their glory, not covered up by the scabbards. A display reminiscent of Strider's Elven Knife would have been better, in my opinion.

However, given what we have I think I am going to get a long, thin strip of leather and attach it to both scabbard clips. Once firmly secured, I will drape the leather strip over the wooden extension in the centre of the plaque and let the scabbards hang down below the level of the blades so as not to cover them up. It will take some arranging to get them to hang symmetrically, but I think this is far preferrable to having the Knives sheathed on the plaque.... besides, it is not wise to hang a blade in its scabbard as moisture can get trapped inside and oxidize or corrode the steel (yes, even stainless steel is not immune to this.)

Vasilios son of Evdoxios
06-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Valkrist:
Vasilios, mine will take a while to arrive. Why don't you enlighten us as to the exact nature of the difficulty in displaying them? Perhaps we will not have the same problem...

Dude ok i try to explain as best as i can.

First the u must attach the extention to the round thing in the middle of the stand. then u will recive extensions for the hooks u have and u get rid of the old ones. They way i have placed them is by using the belt hook portion of the scabbard and putting the end of the hook in between that. the problem u will encounter is keeping the hook from turning and eventully releaceing the scabbard. what u mush do is some how prevent that. i just tightened that damn thing very tightly. u could use glue if u dont care about the display i dont recomend it. Also u will have to find a way for the scabbards not to slip back and fourth on the round placement thing in the middle of the display. i used a onesided sticky thing and the other side was rubber and placed it on th wood portion of the holder. this illimenated the problem. After all this prep. u should be ready to display. Just in case keep your hands on th scabbard and make sure they are not moveing due to gravity. whooooo. that was long. I hope this helps u Valkrist!

Vasilios son of Evdoxios
06-04-2004, 02:22 PM
First if u want to display them with glory which i have tryed to do best i just have the one blade with the scabbard on and the other in front off. this shows both perfectly. And eventually i will take a long leather strap to attach to both scabbard from the belt hook and drap it over the middle of the dispaly. Also so it wont look odd i will fasen the old hooks i had on there to the bottom of the display to hold the scabbard is perfect displaying mode. lol

Valkrist
06-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Thank you... that certainly will help me plan. My scabbards are on the way already. :)

Estar
06-09-2004, 07:04 AM
I collected my LFK at my retailer and bought the scabbards on the spot. The scabbards are wonderful but as posted recently... a pain to display... I solved the problem of the L hooks not holding by releasing the scabbard from the daggers very slightly then hanging the entire entity from the hilt instead of from the scabbard. Oh... I had to display the scabbards the belt clip side facing out... I tried the other way round and the daggers and scabbards just couldn't fit in. Anyone has remedies?

Also... as this is my first scabbard... i have to clear some questions.

1. I find it extremely difficult to insert or remove the daggers from the scabbards (not the way i expected it - like in the movies, fast and swift off the scabbard)... Is this symmetrical with all the other UC Scabbards (Sting/Strider)?
2. What is the interior of LFK scabbards made of? I heard Sting's is kevlar and Strider's is wood. My guess is kevlar..

THANKS!

Desert Rat
06-11-2004, 03:39 AM
I just posted photos of how I mounted the scabbards. It is secure, but only with the Knives in the Scabbards.

When I first tried to insert the knives into the scabbards, one was very difficult but the other was smooth as silk. I switched the knives and both were equally difficult to remove. I think that, like anything else, they will require breaking-in.

dr

Estar
06-27-2004, 07:01 AM
Ok my pictures are up..

Gaijin
08-31-2004, 08:01 AM
I just got my set of scabbards. Yep, they are a pain to display on the plaque. I have them on ok, it's just not as secure as I thought they could be.

Estar
08-31-2004, 08:17 AM
Why don't you take a look at our forums and check out alternative ways to display them.. As said in previous posts, it's a pain to cover up the blade...

Gregorius0202
09-11-2004, 03:45 PM
I have a question... Sorry if it's already been asked!

At one vendor, these scabbards are listed, and I'll quote from their catalogue:

"These are for display purposes only. Cannot be carried on back."

What's wrong with them? Scabbards are scabbards, aren't they? They won't break, or anything, will they...

If they're made well, and have leather protecting the outside, then they should be perfectly wearable, shouldn't they???

-Gregory-