PDA

View Full Version : Which pieces are you planning on getting from the Sauron Collection?

King Elessar
08-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Of the three amazing pieces that this collection has to offer,which ones are you planning on getting.

I am planning on getting the helmet (pre-ordered already) and his mace.Im not really that excited about getting the gauntlet,but if I get the chance,I might give it a try.

Feel free to use this thread for general discussion regarding the Sauron Collection

NOTE:Multiple choice is allowed in the poll;)

Thorin
08-19-2004, 05:59 PM
IF the money is right... all three. Helm is pre-ordered, now I need to find the money.

I've made it a personal goal to get ALL of the limited edition stuff first, then go back and get things that I can get anytime.

Ender
08-19-2004, 06:12 PM
I voted that I would probably get all of them. I have Sauron's Helm preordered with the remaining balance on hand. As for the Gauntlet, providing I like what I see in the production pics, I have about $200 to put towards it as of now. I get $100 on Christmas to put towards it as well. Also, I have a November birthday coming up.:) As for the mace, I will do what it takes to get that as well. There should be plenty of time to save for this (the mace I mean). I may have to wait a bit for Boromir's and Gimli's Axe so that I can ensure that I will have these.;)

Grima Wormtongue
08-19-2004, 06:27 PM
I voted for the helm and guantlet, thats what i really want. I know i will have the helm, but i have to convince my mother to get me the guantlets for christmas. I dont really like the mace, but i dont know if i get it because its still a ways away:D

The Flame of the West
08-19-2004, 10:15 PM
i voted for all 3, of course! :D If this is going to be a "Sauron Collection", then it makes sense to have all of the pieces! i would think that was common sense, but i will say no more on that. i already have the Helm on pre-order \, and the remaining $300 i need to pay it off, and i'll probably put away another $50 or so, just to make sure i have enough for shipping. this is because, thinking realisticly, the box will be around the same size as the Scimitar box, with the width of a helm box, so it could cost a fair amount.

As for the Gauntlet, i think that this will be the most beautiful non-sword piece in the entire collection, as i have stated before. i will pre-order it. I certainly won't have an issue paying the $400-500 price that this item will go for, and i am particularly looking forward to seeing pictures of this "dome", in which the Gauntlet is rumoured to be displayed in.

And last, but by no means least, we come to the MACE! I want this more than any other item in the whole collection, present and future. i don't know what it is that makes me want it so, but i just do! it's as simple as that. The only problem that could arise with this though, is the price. i am almost finding it hard to comprehend that i will soon have spent $400+ on one item!, bringing my total spending to around the $1700 mark, at which point, i will only have 8 pieces in the collection :( HOWEVER!, this will not stop me, i will just have to find some way to console myself. I will do everything in my power to make this item mine when it is released, probably everything except sell/give away my Limited Edition Anduril that is ;)

Thanks King Elessar for starting this thread :D I have a lot to say, as you can see!

Faramir Of Gondor
08-20-2004, 02:57 AM
I plan on getting the Helm (Pre-Ordered) though i realy want to get the Mace when it comes out or the Gauntlet.

EHmasterJedi
08-20-2004, 03:23 AM
The Anduril Scabbard will probably be the last thing i get for the UC LOTR collection for a wile. I dont have the money for any of the LOTR Sauron things right now for that matter any of the LOTR United Cutlery stuff i need to consintrate on Star Wars right now being the movie will be out soon and Celebration 3 is coming looks like Anduril will be my first and last sword for right now untill Epi 3 comes and goes and i need to catch up on the Master Replicas LE lightsabers but MR's Sauron ring finger is definatly somthing id like to have ONE DAY. LOL

The White Rider
08-20-2004, 08:15 AM
I Have very little room at home, but if possilbe, I will get his Mace. It represents pure evil in my opinion. I won't be getting his helm as I have the minature on pre-order.

Erkenbrand
08-20-2004, 12:28 PM
if i even end up getting something it will be the mace. the other things look nice but they arent anything i really want enough to spend too much money on. im even not sure if ill get the mace but it seems like it would be a cool thing to have so we will see.

King Elessar
08-20-2004, 02:36 PM
I Have very little room at home, but if possilbe, I will get his Mace. It represents pure evil in my opinion. I won't be getting his helm as I have the minature on pre-order.
I think that the face of the Dark Lord (Helm of Sauron) represents his malice better than the mace.After all,it was his prescence alone that inspired fear into his enemies.He wouldn't need his mace help to do so.

Balrog of Morgoth
08-21-2004, 01:19 AM
My plan is to have the full LOTR collection, so I will be getting all of the Sauron collection.

Thorin
08-21-2004, 01:40 AM
Agreed on that. I have missed out on 2... and a possible three, unless I can scoop up Gimli's Helm sometime... I know they are around.

I made a deal with my parents, and that was to get every possible limited edition thing that comes out. Since they are limited, it makes things so much more interesting. Anduril now sells for around $2000. I would never sell my things, but the value is still there.

This LoTR wave is huge. People many years from now are going to want to get in on the sword and helm stuff. The reason people collect them will be different, but to any LoTR fan... they will enjoy and love it regardless.

I am trying to make a corner in my room devoted to Sauron. I'd like to know what and how the guantlet and mace are going to be mounted so I can start planning ahead.

Do you think that the guantlet will be wearable?

Grima Wormtongue
08-21-2004, 02:00 AM
Kit said it would be wearable and fully functional:D

Gillad
08-21-2004, 02:09 AM
I have not collected any of the "evil" swords. I do not plan too. I might be interested in Master Replica's Sauron finger with the ring on it. That would depend on how it comes out. None of the evil characters makes me want to buy their stuff.

The Flame of the West
08-21-2004, 10:28 AM
MR's "finger" is useless in my opinion. i would prefer to have a WHOLE fully functional gauntlet, but maybe that is just me. Look at the poll everybody!, the MACE is the item with the most demand so far! :D :D

Lord Rahl
08-21-2004, 10:48 AM
If $$ permits, I hope to be able to buy his Mace, and Gauntlet.

King Elessar
08-21-2004, 11:12 AM
I have not collected any of the "evil" swords. I do not plan too. I might be interested in Master Replica's Sauron finger with the ring on it. That would depend on how it comes out. None of the evil characters makes me want to buy their stuff.If the evil characters were real and alive,I am sure they would "persuade"you into getting their stuff.Lucky for you (and the rest of mankind) they arent.

The Mace and the helm have almost the same amount of demand as the Flame of the West stated..And there wont be that much quantity of the helm to go around so there are a few people that will be left out.Lets hope the mace is at least limited to 5,000 pieces,because if it isnt,there will be lots of dissapointed people.

Gillad
08-21-2004, 01:55 PM
MR's "finger" is useless in my opinion... It might not be that cool. I would have to wait and see if the MR piece looks good or not. I don't plan to wear any of the armor, so having the whole gauntlet is not an issue for me. I really like the scene in FoTR when Isildur picks up the finger with the ring still showing the writing. I'll have to see what MR does and what the price would be. The palathir would be the other item they may make that would appeal to me.

The Flame of the West
08-21-2004, 02:12 PM
.Lets hope the mace is at least limited to 5,000 pieces,because if it isnt,there will be lots of dissapointed people.

I hope you are right here King Elessar, but with the Helm being limited to just 3000, the mace and probably the gauntlet as well, will be the same
:(

JustinTD
08-22-2004, 12:58 AM
As I am a true collector, I have to have them all!

Swordsman
08-22-2004, 07:32 AM
I hope you are right here King Elessar, but with the Helm being limited to just 3000, the mace and probably the gauntlet as well, will be the same
:(
If I recall corectly Kit Rae said in an interview they expected the Sauron Collection would be even more limited. His estimate, which could change of course at that time was around 2000.

JustinTD
08-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Latest information I got from UC was 3000 for the helm and 3000 for the gauntlet.

The Flame of the West
08-22-2004, 02:54 PM
If the helm is to be 3000 in number, then the rest of the collection should be the same at least, definitely not lower in number :mad: That would be horrible!
Look at the poll, the Mace is still ahead, by 4 votes! Wonderful! I hope we see this soon, late 2005 would be nice ;) . But who knows, it may very well be longer :(
i wonder why the gauntlet is lacking in support...?

Sir Tristram
08-23-2004, 10:53 PM
All of them......
The curse of the completest!:mad:

Gil-Galad
08-23-2004, 10:59 PM
I probably will not end up with any of them. They are just too damn expencive.:(

Anduril 101
08-24-2004, 11:43 AM
I don't have the money to get any of them. If I ever do get another it'll be Sting or Aragorn's hunting knife.

King Elessar
09-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Okay,to keep this conversation regarding the monumental event that the Sauron Collection is sure to be.Now that we've seen two of the marvelous products in this line,If you guys could get one of them (Helm of Sauron or Gauntlet),which one would it be?

I stand by my helm decision,once again due to the fact that,I find the fact of owning the "head" of the dark lord more intriguing than owning his hand.Although,the guantlet is indeed a very unique piece with a very unique display.

Gilgalad-2490
09-14-2004, 08:18 PM
I dont think i'll end up getting anything from the saroun collection considering i still have to finish purchasing whats out all ready and plus i'm not a big sauron fan

Gregorius0202
09-14-2004, 08:32 PM
I only want the mace... I was thinkin' seriously about both other items, and whether I'd preorder the helmet (and I had my chance) as well as waiting for the Gauntlet, but I find them less practical for me than the mace. Even though I like armor and all, and actually prefer it to weapons (when it comes to researching, examining, etc...), I have less use of it, and really love that mace..!

-Gregory-

Grima Wormtongue
09-14-2004, 08:59 PM
i while ago i made a thread like the guantlet vs helm in the general lotr section. Oh, well, we can start this new one.

Its a hard choice, but im going with the guantlet. it looks cool, its made of metal, and it has the one ring,. How could you go wrong:p

Thorin
09-14-2004, 09:21 PM
It's not possible for me to pick one or the other. It's difficult enough having 3 pieces all limited editions. I swear UC is trying to make me go in debt on these things ;)

Has there been any mention/pictures/anything about the mace yet?

Lord Rahl
09-14-2004, 10:40 PM
I will be getting the mace only, and like the elven helm (I SINCERELY hope they do not release them at the same time...I'd have to dig into my college/car savings!!!) they are probably the only LE items I will be getting for a while.
(Man...Aiglos and the Elven warrior sword will be limited also, no?)

Gregorius0202
09-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I'm personally saving up for the Elven Warrior set (sword, shield, and helm... Not Aiglos) and Sauron's Mace. That's all I KNOW I am going to get, no matter what:D I'm plannin' on doin' a ren-faire outfot as a Second Age Noldor Elf soldier... Should be fun! Don't you wish you just had lots more money than you do, Gandalf? I do:\

-Gregory-

Lord Rahl
09-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I'm personally saving up for the Elven Warrior set (sword, shield, and helm... Not Aiglos) and Sauron's Mace. That's all I KNOW I am going to get, no matter what I'm plannin' on doin' a ren-faire outfot as a Second Age Noldor Elf soldier... Should be fun! Don't you wish you just had lots more money than you do, Gandalf? I do:\

-Gregory-
"Yes, I wish that now..." ROFL!!!!:D

Okay then....lol

It's not that my job doesent pay me enough, it pays quite well...but it all just...disappears :confused: :(

Mithrandir
09-15-2004, 01:33 PM
before we had pics of the gauntlet, the mace is what appealed to me the most, but now after seeing pics of the gauntlet i think that it looks absoloutley amazing and i do think that the sauron collection will be the highlight of the whole UC lotr collection!
however i doubt i will be able to get any of the sauron collection due to money restrictions:( but as i want something to represent pure evil in my lotr collection i will most probably order the sauron helm mini (i'm determined that i don't miss out on this, so i better pre-order soon!)

Ar Pharaz˘n
09-16-2004, 10:49 AM
IF the money is right... all three. Helm is pre-ordered, now I need to find the money.

I've made it a personal goal to get ALL of the limited edition stuff first, then go back and get things that I can get anytime.
I see it the same way - up to now I have all limited editions except Anduril - so I am planing getting my clws on the entire Sauron collection - the helmet is pre ordered so lets see...
(well my personal favorite is the gauntlet...)

The Flame of the West
09-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Has there been any mention/pictures/anything about the mace yet?

The day pictures and specifications on this piece come out, will be the day i go to heaven. I just really want this Mace! I don't think i could choose between the Helm and the Gauntlet, they both look magnificent, but the Mace will rule them all.

Gregorius0202
09-16-2004, 04:45 PM
The day pictures and specifications on this piece come out, will be the day i go to heaven. I just really want this Mace! I don't think i could choose between the Helm and the Gauntlet, they both look magnificent, but the Mace will rule them all.

Same for me, dude! I would love to have gotten the Helmet, and as I said before, I had my chance (My parents said that I could spend $400 or so on my birthday order, but I'd have to throw in a bit of the cash as well) but I chose against it...

The Gauntlet will be the same way. I'm not a Lord of the Rings collector, I'm a weapons and armor collector, so I have no need for all of this stuff. Just what I really love. This mace, the Elf set that's comin' around the corner, and some other random items match that description, and they're all I plan on getting!

-Gregory-

GALADRIAL
09-19-2004, 07:46 PM
I plan on getting all three hopefully:D

Gregorius0202
09-19-2004, 08:46 PM
I went against my word... I pre-ordered the helmet...:\ Oh well! I only want it for profit, actually, later on... To help with college, or whatnot, if I need it.

I'm sure in three or four years, it will definitely have been a good buy now for $300!

I just hope I get mine! I was told by the vendor owner they were promised 20 more than they'd sold when I ordered my own, so I should get it...

I think I'll get the gaunltet as well, now that I've started the domino effect!

-Gregory-

The Flame of the West
09-20-2004, 09:11 PM
You made a wise decision my friend ;) I am positive you will not be disappointed, and in time, you will learn to love it, and desire another way to pay for college! :p
Now, if we could just get some dates...sorry, i'm complaining again :(

Palantir
10-01-2004, 02:59 AM
I pre-ordered 2 Helms and Gauntlets. These things are going to skyrocket in value. They will look great next to my Sideshow Weta Sauron statue that I have on order.

SwordLover
10-01-2004, 05:03 AM
as much as i love the helmet and gauntlet the mace when i saw it just screamed BUY Me if i am released to me besides i just found out i am already getting the helmet and gauntlet as christmas gifts from my brother and his buddy

Gregorius0202
10-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Hot damn... I have $2,000 of things I want in the next six months or so, and over half of it is Lord of the Rings (which, unbelievable to most of you, I'm sure, comes after the other weapons on my schedule!)

Sauron's Guantlet
Sauron's Mace
Elven Helm
Elven Shield
Elven Warrior Sword

Eek! So much money, so little time to earn it all...:\

Darn this hobby...:|

-Gregory-

Jessehk
10-06-2004, 03:26 PM
I probably will not end up with any of them. They are just too damn expencive.:(

same here *sigh*

GALADRIAL
10-07-2004, 04:10 PM
I want to be the first one to start a thread saying "Sauron's Helmet--What number do you have?". I'm so excited, I can't stand it.:D :p ;)

Ar Pharaz˘n
10-08-2004, 05:37 AM
I want to be the first one to start a thread saying "Sauron's Helmet--What number do you have?". I'm so excited, I can't stand it.:D :p ;)
And I want to be the second one!!!!

Ender
10-17-2004, 02:39 PM
I just wanted to say that I decided not to get the Sauron Gauntlet. Its very expensive and although I have the money for both the Helm and Gauntlet, I think I would much rather have some of the other new items (Elven Warrior Helm, Gondorian Helm). So, I will only be getting the Sauron Helm and the Mace (should they decide to make that). But you can bet that I will be first in line for the new helms and shields in the near future.:)

The Flame of the West
10-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Well, just got my Helm :D , so now i just need to find a job ASAP to pay for the gauntlet! The MACE though! Oh, i just cannot wait for that!
It needs to be a good job though, because i need all the new stuff that is coming out as well :p