PDA

View Full Version : Helm Of The Witchking

I am Gandalf The White
08-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Hey guys, anyone know if United will be making the Helm of The Withking. I thing it is an awesome helm. Like it even more than Sauron's. I saw some pics of the helmet, but will United be making it?

The Flame of the West
08-04-2004, 02:39 PM
I am going to throw my support behind this thread. this is a must have, a necessary addition to this already fabulous collection :D UC PLEASE MAKE IT!! - i dont think its as good as Sauron's though! ;)

Ender
08-04-2004, 04:14 PM
I am in complete agreement with you "I am Gandalf the White". The Witchking Helm is my #1 wanted item. Also, I agree with you in that it is better than the Sauron Helm. I hope United makes it but to my knowledge I don't think anybody from United has commented on the Witchking Helm yet. I hope Kit will let us know if they are considering making this as I would be first in line!:D

NateDogg2
08-05-2004, 09:28 PM
I think that I would actually like the witchkings crown more than his helmet. But I would probably buy both. I want it made.

The Flame of the West
08-07-2004, 02:17 PM
After careful consideration, i am now willing to accept that this helm is AS good as Sauron's :p , but still not better!

Gil-Galad
08-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Tell me if i'm wrong, but it seems more like a "mask" type thing than a helm. It lookes like it only covers his chasm. I still want it though, it is one of my favorites.

Grima Wormtongue
08-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Tell me if i'm wrong, but it seems more like a "mask" type thing than a helm. It lookes like it only covers his chasm. I still want it though, it is one of my favorites.
The whole point of his 'helm' is to be scary, not to protect him. I think without a doubt that uc will make his helm, we just have to wait:eek:

V34
08-11-2004, 10:26 AM
I am almost 100% sure they will make the Witchking helm!!
This is a huge character in the movies. Definately the most in
the ROTK besides Gollum/Smeagle. I say they anounce it for next
year...

KingUnderTheMountain
08-12-2004, 01:16 PM
well UC would have to make a diffrent style helm stand for the WK helm. i love this helm i would but it the second it came out...providing it dosnt cost $400( it is only one solid piece of metal mind you) and for the record, the king dosnt have a mace..he has a flail.

Eomer
08-12-2004, 01:36 PM
I have been gone for a while, but have read when I have the chance, and this thread is one that I had to take time to support. I would %100 definitely buy the Witchking's Helmet. It is very cool...It will look nice with my collection I believe...or alone for that matter!

Grima Wormtongue
08-12-2004, 11:53 PM
They should make an entire witchking collection, we have his sword, most likly well see his helm, flail, and if were luky, his guantlets:D

The Flame of the West
08-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Yes...we really need to see this some time in the future. In terms of the flail, how possible is it that this will be made?? I would like to be optimistic about the manufacture of this particular item, but i can't see how. How would UC make the weight at the end? the chain to support it? how would you display it? the shipping would be horrendous and probably cost as much as the flail itself! this would be very nice to see, but not very realistic i'm sad to say :(

sorry for getting off topic slightly, needed to get that off my chest :)

Nasnandos
08-16-2004, 02:15 PM
We are looking at possibly making the helm. It would likely be made in resin to match the Sauron helm. It is more of a mask welded to a head band. The the entire back is just black cloth. In the film the Witcking has a black hood over his entire head and face and this was placed on top of that.

I am Gandalf The White
08-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Yes, that means they will probably be making it. Oh that is so cool. I didnt imagine a response that fast, it will probably be limited. So we better all preorder as soon as it comes out. :)

Ender
08-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the update Kit.:) I too am very pleased that the Witchking Helm is being looked at as a possiblity. I have been wanting this item since I saw ROTK but I refrained from having it custom made because United makes the best pieces. I can't wait for the Witchking Helm to be made! I would preorder immediately!:D

The White Rider
08-17-2004, 02:03 PM
I Completely agree. The Witchking wears a crown into battle, a nasty looking one but a crown none the less.

A Helm should cover the top of the head and the witchkings 'crown' does not. If you look in ROTK when the orcs are putting on the witchkings armour, you can see the top of his 'head' go through the top. It is held on his head by a metal band that goes from one side of the face plate, round his head to the other side.

The Flame of the West
08-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Kit brings excellent tidings! I too have wanted this ever since i saw it in The Return of the King :) It will look fabulous next to my Helm of Sauron :D

Thorin
08-17-2004, 03:17 PM
We are looking at possibly making the helm. It would likely be made in resin to match the Sauron helm. It is more of a mask welded to a head band. The the entire back is just black cloth. In the film the Witcking has a black hood over his entire head and face and this was placed on top of that.
Thanks for the update Kit. It's always a pleasure to hear from you.

I will support this mask/helm as well.

I think this one will be a huge hit for LoTR fans. The first time you see the Witchking, your mouth just drops wide open. Expect a wave of people knocking at UC's doorstep is and when they announce it.

GALADRIAL
09-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Oh yes! The Witchking Helm is a must-have. It's soo cool. You bet I would get it!

Gilgalad-2490
09-19-2004, 08:40 PM
I hope th W.K helm is made, as for the flail can't it be made hollow this would make it much lighter

King of Numenor
06-12-2005, 05:04 PM
The original question is do you think UC will make it, NOT if you want it or not.

mastersword36
06-12-2005, 05:33 PM
YEAH, it may be made. HOORAH!!!!!